First Thread and Post

P

[PS]Mung

Had a look at Dragon, looks OK, but I dunno.....
Looking forward to WoW though.

T

The Real Redi

DE is the only thing rivalling SWG for my cash at the mo, and as long as i get myself a nice free month or whatever with each, i reckon DE might well win out in the long run.

SWG is too tempting for the kiddies to get involved, and we all know what happens then, but i'll see when the time comes

I do admire the screenies theyve released for DE so far - it looks pretty awesome. Now we just have to find out if it plays well ;)

Im signed up for the open Beta, whether or not i get picked is another matter...

N

n00b79

yay, i´m waiting for DE !!
it looks promising tbh

N

Nightchill

possibly :) certainly looks like fun but so do many other mmorpgs on the horizon.

H

heilel

I might get it, but I'm more waiting for the LOTR MMORPG.
But since that's not gonna be out for a couple of years, maybe I'll switch to DE for a while.

R

raithian

if it follows what has been stated in the mounthly news letters then it will be an amazing game to play far better then the present game out there but as its still being created we have to wait and see

N

Nicky Nook

Yeah i think ill give that a go for sure..

Regards Nicky.

F

Flimgoblin

looks promising...

the abandoning of skill-based for class-based was a bit of a blow though

O

old.Niljindil

Im planning on playing it but as it is now it almost looks like they are doing a "duke nukem forever" or "tiberian sun" :(

F

Faeldawn

Ill give it a go, hopefully get into the open beta.

Really havent found anything to fill the DAoC void yet :)

O

old.tRoG

The class-based stuff is a bit of a biatch, I'll probably try it out, but I'm also considering WoW.

A

Aloca

Yup DE looks very interesting, tho WoW does also... Gah why cant they just release 1 good game/year hard to decide

R

Rg.Roller

Well imo DE looks very temping, its a uk company too which means a better european support team then daoc was or will ever will be.

Also the gfx engine looks gr8, anythings better then daoc in that way too

2 thumbs fresh

A

Aeiedil

Originally posted by Faeldawn
Ill give it a go, hopefully get into the open beta.

Really havent found anything to fill the DAoC void yet :)

open betas are open to all, hence the name open instead of closed :p

A

Ardrias_Mid

Been waiting for beta forever it seems, and I didnt make it into closed beta /cry :(

Open is coming quite soon tho, if you are to believe the developers.

B

Bym

I'll probably be trying DE, not that I will have much time for it if it comes out after April..... Hopefully I will be on a later beta test anyway so I can get a bit of a feel for it. Still looking for a DAoC replacement, with less 'hit something, get xp, repeat'.

WoW looks as good though.....suppose it depends on DE beta, or which one comes out first.

D

Darkov

Only issue I have with WoW is it's designed around PvE, with PvP tagged on, where as DE is designed around PvP with PvE tagged on.

Personally I think DE will be the natural successor to DAoC, removing the annoying parts and improving the fun parts, time will tell though.

O

old.tRoG

*prays that the combat system will be remotely interesting*

Users who are viewing this thread