First Patch Changelog

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
Thought I'd repost this from the Game.net forums;

Hi everyone,

Eagle is hard at work on the patch and we hope to release it just as soon as we can. I'm sorry, but I just can't give you an actual date at this time. Believe me when I say that Ubisoft and Eagle want to finish the first patch even more than you do.

Overall, the patch is looking very good and I think that most of you will be very happy. There are just a couple more areas that I am asking Eagle to address before we release the patch though: force feedback centering and having MP clients get air defense search and lock warnings. Once we can get those two items wrapped up, we should be good to go (knock on wood).

That is not to say that there won't still be bugs in the game, there will. That's why Ubisoft and Eagle will continue to support this product and there will be future patches.

One other note regarding the patch: because several changes have been made to the flight dymanics, AI, and weapon systems, many of the training missions no longer play back correctly. Given that fixing these missions would cost us at least another week, we are going to release the patch with a notification that patching will break some of these missions. However, we are working with Shepski to provide a drop-in folder that will fix all training--after the patch is out.

Lock On 1.01 Patch
18 December 2003

Corrections List:

Track to AVI tool is now working correctly.

Corrected sound and input program header files. This has increased the efficiency of sound files.

AI aircraft now only report "Radar On/Off" or "ECM On/Off" if it really has radar or ECM.

Localized "Unknown Error" message.

Corrected damage model for Su-33.

Corrected target loss problems for some air defense complexes.

Will not crash now if save state is created with an AWACS in the mission.

Player can now not view Hide lists for a mission that has been classified.

Player can now change payload of his or her aircraft in campaigns and classified single missions.

After exiting a training mission, the player now returns to the training mission selection screen.

External fuel tanks now add weight to the aircraft.

Corrected flight behavior of A-10 and Su-25 at low speed and AoA > 30 .

Removed first delay in A-10 bomb dropping when ripple interval > 1.

Corrected jumps of general visibility in Meteo selection.

AI will now go out to less range (8 km) when re-engaging a target with bombs/CBUs.

AI will now pop up to 500 m when attacking with gun or rockets.

MiG-23 and MiG-27 will not destroy themselves when attacking with gun or rocket.

Corrected A-10A pitch ladder so that it will not climb as the aircraft rolls.

Reduced radar look-down range reduction for F-15C.
Removed A-10A TVV on HUD when it is inside CCIP or gun/rocket pipper.

Removed F-15C bank and steering indicator on HUD when A2A mode.

Increased padlock field of view angles.

Corrected the lack of green radar zone triangle on Russian HDDs when an
AWACS is in the mission.

Adjusted the aircraft reaction to small rudder inputs.

S-3A and S-3R now will fold their wings during taxiing.

Player can now switch between cockpits of flyable aircraft (Alt-j).

NyMax (maximum G) has been increased up to 9g for Su-27, Su-33 and Mig-29.

New MiG-29S CAP payloads have been added.

AGM-65D and AGM-65K now indicate correct seeker type in payload screen.

Maximum range of AIM-120C and R-77 was increased to 50 km.

Reduced the effect of radar range reduction when flying at low altitudes.

Corrected engagement range of S-300PS (SA-10) and Patriot.

AI will now engage with follow-on missile(s) if first has missed.

Corrected TrackIR centering problem.

Corrected probability of failures option. It is not always set to 0%.

Skill is defaulted to “Player” when a flyable aircraft is selected.

Game no longer crashes is player presses F3 while the game is paused at the start of a mission.

"Fuel Low" indication is correct now for the A-10A.

The visibility range of “Goal” targets has been increased.

Added advanced check of connections in the LAN Game.

Renamed "mi" to "nm" in labels.

Adjusted maximum radar range of some aircraft.

Set 150 shells for Mig-29 gun.

The wind direction dial now shows correct direction.

The R-27EM now has a semi-active radar seeker instead of an active radar seeker.

Chaff now works against semi-active seeker missiles.

Decreased effectiveness of chaff and flares against active and IR guided missiles.

Fixed crash game in Dinput8.dll on the Exit.

Fixed instability bug when saving stage of campaign.

Removed "Category" column from Debrief Event Log.

Players can now record voice-overs for Tracks.

Fixed several bugs for Win98/ME (white screen, low memory etc.)

Limited helicopter numbers from 1 – 10.

Fixed algorithm of finding course of routes in mission editor.

Fixed award white spaces in the Logbook for countries with less then 8 awards (e.g. Spain). You need to remove existing pilot, sorry.

Corrected wind-related flight effecgts for player and AI aircraft.

Corrected engine behavior after aerial refueling.

Corrected zero thrust phenomena in A-10 when flying at M>0.8.

Expanded range of R-60 in rear hemisphere.

Increased engine impulse for MICA missiles.

Values RCS for some planes and helicopters are adjusted.

Decreased maximum G for F-15C at low speed.

Corrected collisions for Mirage-2000 and, KAMAZ.

BANO, afterburner and other effects will not cast shadows now.
Cockpit camera speed control commands are functional (Ctrl+Left Shift, Alt+Left Shift, Right Shift+Left Shift). Corresponding speed values in the Config\View\View.cfg are functional too.

Labels are much more configurable now (Config/View/View.cfg).

ECM was removed from MiG-25PS.

The F-117 has no chaffs or flares now.

Incorrect route saving from state restoring is fixed both for Human and AI.

AWACS-View is now working in saved state games.

Corrected keyboard-only pitch control. Disabled automatic return to the neutral position.

Disabled mouse speed scaling for TrackIR.

Host can now respawn in multiplayer.

Missile and gun accuracy is greatly increased in multiplayer.

New text messages are now automatically shown at the top of the screen in multiplayer.

nForce2 lag problems have been significantly reduced.

Matt "Wags" Wagner
Producer / Ubisoft

The most important one being the 'nForce2 lag problems have been significantly reduced' (well for me anyways, as MP is totally unplayable atm).

D

Deadmanwalking

Cdr said:
The most important one being the 'nForce2 lag problems have been significantly reduced' (well for me anyways, as MP is totally unplayable atm).

Nah, that's just you being shit :fluffle:

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
LOL you fecking liar.

Who crashed into me? Exactly.

I rest me case m'lud.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I was tempted at first but the demo put my off, just didn't seem to perform well and I found the whole control method just too complex.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
I have to say, barring the few bugs, it's actually not a bad game. Tis very good in MP (if you dont have an nForce2 mobo), and its a great laugh going up as a 4-ship formation of A-10s and cluster bombing the feck outta some tanks.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Cdr said:
I have to say, barring the few bugs, it's actually not a bad game. Tis very good in MP (if you dont have an nForce2 mobo), and its a great laugh going up as a 4-ship formation of A-10s and cluster bombing the feck outta some tanks.

A problem since I do :)

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
hehe as do I :(

Hopefully if the changelog is correct, it'll be sorted in the patch. Which is due soon.

Caged

Fledgling Freddie
As an NF7-S owner I'm eagerly awaiting this patch too . .

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
This Game Rocks man, its class! Fooking hard tho if your not a Plane God ala DMW & Cdr :)

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
23rd Dec Patch Update;

Hi folks,

I've got good news and bad news. The good news is that we got a new beta patch version today and many new items were fixed since the last. This first patch is becoming quite comprehensive and is really making the game feel like a new title. All the tests show good performance under Win98se and ME with the patch, and it appears this may have also improved overall memory usage. Although I cannot promise you this, those of you with blue screens may see this fixed as well (myself and testers have not seen this in the patch).

The bad news is that there are still a couple of no-go bugs. So, I'm afraid that the chances of the patch being released pre-Christmas is low. We do not want to release a patch now and then have to release one right afterwards because the first makes the game unplayable for some. Sorry folks, we need time to test it out. Also, being the holidays, many of the vital people needed to get the patch done and on the net will be taking a bit of time off to spend with family and friends. However, we will try our best to have the patch available before the New Year. That is a goal, NOT a promise.

As I have said before, I can make NO PROMISES on dates. I try to keep you all informed, but nothing is ever certain and things often take turns you least expect. There is no conspiracy, no evil plot, and no deception. We're just a developer and a publisher trying to get a quality patch out as fast as possible while maintaining good community communications.

Finally, if you haven't see a particular item you want to see fixed in the list I've posted, fear not; this will not be the last patch. We use community feedback to help drive what gets fixed in future patches. However, we need to get this first patch out as soon as we can and we simply don't have the time to fix every bug in this first patch. Please be patient.

Happy holidays,
Matt Wagner

Matt "Wags" Wagner
Producer / Ubisoft

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom