First night of RvR... What do you think of NF?

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
In my opinion it's laggy zerging shait, not gonna renew :(

What do you guys think?

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Prolly fun for all the range classes, but as a warden I felt it was proper boring tbh, and yes it lags alot :x

Marczje

Fledgling Freddie
Only started this morning, and I love it on my hunter, its just one big Battlegournd full of rr2 stealthers.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
My thoughts? I think alb and mid is a bounch of X-realming backstabbers :p

120 hibs VS 250 albs + 150 mids :D Is that fair now? ;)

Other then that, i love it.. Got a sh!tload of rps, and seems like the perfect place for stealther fun :wub:

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Well, i played alot on Gorre. And i loved it on that server, and love it on this server.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Only lag was the same Opentransit bollocks we've had for weeks now: servers seemed fine.

Impossible to judge the zerginess on 1 day: patch day its always zerged to hell anyway

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Sucks donkey balls as a non ranged class. Cept when you find one of the few open fights btwn enemies with similar numbers.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
It was laggy as hell, went ld and couldn't get back in for an hour and as a tank all I had to do was siege equipment and running round the ramparts with my xbow...and yet somehow it was really good fun.

Of course it doesn't give much of a chance to demonstrate l33t skillz and tictacz, but if that's all you played for then there's always counterstrike...

Chrstffr

Fledgling Freddie
Kalba said:

What do you guys think?

agreek, worst piece of donkey shit ever.

Vaar

Fledgling Freddie
Actually feared that the lag was going to be even worse. It was after all semi playable, even with the laughable large crowds out running yesterday. (Why didn't the server crash?) Had a couple of ld's (not common for me), and a fair fun with large openfield battles, we stubled upon some smaller scale fights as well, and ruins was funneh. The keeptakes we got was against more or less undefended keeps and those were quite swift with such numbers.

Chaothic. Def.
Zergy. Def.
Negative aspects, oh yeah a lot.
Fun. yes, I would say so.

As long as we don't do the US "only staying inside/outside keeps fireing Siege" this really can turn out well. Feel sorry for the hippies though.

"Strangest" incident was when mid-zerg of 120, steamrolled Zoysters single Fg.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Vaar said:
"Strangest" incident was when mid-zerg of 120, steamrolled Zoysters single Fg.

:eek2:

Well, was zergy as expected (at least first days will be like this). But server seemed to handle it quite well so far, better than OF or our expectations. Let's see how next couple of days will be :)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
i think hib proved the numbers are far to few :/ and albs are zerglings ;< it sucked fluffy cock tbh, giving the week out to sort it or its bubye :eek: (or ill go pve and get another template ;o)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
it sucked fluffy cock tbh, giving the week out to sort it or its bubye :eek: (or ill go pve and get another template ;o)

The "It better change or I'm leaving!!11!!!" posts are hilarious (although to be fair yours is a slight variation with a "or I might even go pve!!11!" thrown in). If you enjoy it...play. If you don't...leave. Really simple ain't it? ;)

Argante

Loyal Freddie
Ogen said:

Other then that, i love it.. Got a sh!tload of rps, and seems like the perfect place for stealther fun :wub:

Yes its fair now

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Ogen said:

Or maybe you can look at the current realm populations and see that Midgard and Albion have the same population.
Biased maybe?

NF is fun, soon the massive zergs will die down, but for a high lvl keep, I do think you will need some forces.
Regards, Glottis

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Ogen said:

We attacked midgard! ....

Humberton Spire!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Kalba said:

What do you guys think?

other than when we released to sauvage we didn't see more than 30 people in the same place of the same realm...

oh but we didn't go play moth and just fly to the biggest flame on the map we could see.... which might have helped.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Bracken said:
The "It better change or I'm leaving!!11!!!" posts are hilarious (although to be fair yours is a slight variation with a "or I might even go pve!!11!" thrown in). If you enjoy it...play. If you don't...leave. Really simple ain't it? ;)
You show 'em, Bracken. :D So many little kids throwing their toys out of their prams after a single night of NF. ;)

Tilda

I loved it, it was ace fun.
The only lag was OT stuff, as the servers are absolute beasts now ;)
Best fight was when we were on the roof of the bridge near a keep (claimed by FC i think?) the alb zerg was trying to retake a tower, but then decided it would be fun to feed themselves to our group on the roof of the bridge instead. I've never laughed so hard in all my life.

Tilda

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Best patch the game has had, fought hibbies at nGed till 6am this morning and both sides had huge amounts of fun, quite similar numbers for about 3-4 hours.

Great fun.

RaiztliN

Fledgling Freddie
like it alot, though missing my mota3 :( givf cloudsong ! (alb btw, pm if u have one :p)

About laggy - it's the same lag as it has been for some time ..u freeze, ping/latency goes red for 5-10 secs, and u rejoin the fighting .. unless u go ld - which only bothers me cos my deathblows are reset :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
the alb zerg was trying to retake a tower, but then decided it would be fun to feed themselves to our group on the roof of the bridge instead. I've never laughed so hard in all my life.

Lots of funny moments like that :D Think I might have been in that zerg...I remember thinking "Time for the running xbow of doom!", hitting snapshot and then wading in, xbow ready to rumble...a few moments later I was face down and sheepishly asking for a rez. Damn funny :D

Tilda

It was hilarious, me and RM were just spamming aoe nukes (hammers fortehwin!) on albs running over/up to the bridge, while the SM's covered the stairs, the thing is, Sm's got 2-3 free pbaoe's before people even got off the ladder, they didnt really have a chance tbh.
The range bonus you get from the top of bridges is pretty awesome too :D

Wmv

Fledgling Freddie
Had alot of fun, thought sbs without relics was gonna be worse then it was, but NF with no relics > Old frontier with relics

Kaap

Fledgling Freddie
Imagin that, they even said Midgard was the underpopulated realm, ROFL.

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Haven't even tried it yet on excal but it was so damn boring on gorre after a week so im not very eager to play it ^^

Jergiot

Fledgling Freddie
Kalba said:

What do you guys think?

:twak:

test it some more then 1 day before "not renew" gimp ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom