And I'll be showing you how to make the following image:

fhcc.jpg

Techniques used:

Layer Grouping
Layer Merging
Text Effects
Layer Transformation
Layer Effects

Quite an easy image to achieve, so it should be quite fun for those people who are comfortable with Photoshop, and a good learning experience for new users.

:)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Go Sar :)

Now I just have to aqquire a copy of photoshop that isnt the LE shit :)

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Seems a bit pointless teaching others how to 'make' something, I'd suggest that concentrating on skills that are used for pretty much anything; Extraction via channels, masking, clone brushes, matching via hue saturation.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Scooba da Bass said:
Seems a bit pointless teaching others how to 'make' something, I'd suggest that concentrating on skills that are used for pretty much anything; Extraction via channels, masking, clone brushes, matching via hue saturation.
Moan moan moan as per normal, eh Scooba?

Stop being such a miserable bloody git already.

:rolleyes:

By "making" something, they'll be learning skills by doing, in a practical situation.

BTW: How do you teach someone something like this, without working on a specific project that shows them how the skills learned can contribute to an overall end effect, other than using techniques at random?

I'd rather they work on something like this so it's more structured and easier to take in.

The things you've mentioned will be getting covered in the future, in other projects & tutorials, such as photo restoration, photo montaging etc.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
When you're trying to help people and guide them scooba, then maybe you'll be entitled to call Sar's generosity as "pointless". Until then, shut up.

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Sar said:
Moan moan moan as per normal, eh Scooba?

Stop being such a miserable bloody git already.

:rolleyes:

By "making" something, they'll be learning skills by doing, in a practical situation.

It was a suggestion, don't take it to heart.

Anyway, if you want me to bang out a guide to something let me know what the easiest format for you is and I'll mail it over.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Sar said:
And I'll be showing you how to make the following image:

Image wos here

Techniques used:

Layer Grouping
Layer Merging
Text Effects
Layer Transformation
Layer Effects

Quite an easy image to achieve, so it should be quite fun for those people who are comfortable with Photoshop, and a good learning experience for new users.

So where is the tutorial then?

Sar

Part of the furniture
Sorry guys, RL intervened last night (had to go see the wife's grandmother in hospital and didn't get back until late).

Never fear, it will be done this week - likely Thursday as I'll be out both nights until then (College).

And if anyone, Scooba included ;), would like to provide their own tutorials, then mail them to me, either in html format (with any images needed, both for demonstration purposes and for the work itself), or in text format, then it can be sent to me at photoshop@the-yarn.net

Ta :)

PS: There'll probably be another tutorial on Saturday, along with the first Retro Game of the week as well - I've yet to decide what either is going to be, although I do have some ideas :)

Sar

Part of the furniture
The tutorial is now online, and ready for your perusal.

The text is a bit rushed, but it should (hopefully) allow you to complete the image fairly easily.

I'll probably tweak it to read better sometime tomorrow.

Chameleon

Fledgling Freddie
ah ha! cheers Sar :)
I just did an In-design training course and realised how little I know about photoshop now ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom