First france, now Australia

Marc

FH is my second home
Huge riots in Syndney's cronulla beach between the Lebenese and the aussies. Apparantly the police are so crap over there the local gang "the braboys" are helping sort out the trouble. Last night the lebenese went on the rampage, attacking anyone in sight. A teenage girl was stabbed. Word over there is that neo nazis are looking to get involved, along with biker gangs and more lebenese from all over the world. Our world rocks!

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
Last night the lebenese went on the rampage, attacking anyone in sight. A teenage girl was stabbed.
I hope they get their arses kicked bigtime.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
the gang culture over in Oz is quite bad, lots of stabbings etc.

Marc

FH is my second home
leviathane said:
the gang culture over in Oz is quite bad, lots of stabbings etc.

The "braboys" arent your typical gang though. They dont go looking for trouble, they just like to look after the locals so they feel safe. However, whilst they are, surfers, other gangs do fear them. One of their leaders was on the aussie national news saying they will keep their area safe. The lebenese are heading en masse to their area. Gonna go off big time!

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
It's all the decendants of outlaws/rebels from england that were sent over there ages ago, so ofc there will be roits ;P

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Haggus said:
It's all the decendants of outlaws/rebels from england that were sent over there ages ago, so ofc there will be roits ;P

yah, blame the english :p

B

Benedictine

Riots in UK, France and Australia - some would say there is a common thread here.

I do think there is an unhealthy endemic threat of Islamophobia across many countries and this is not good for either 'side'.

Problem is things like this only serve to harden attitudes - each culture and 'side' must examine itself very closely and be brutally honest with itself.

Kasall

Fledgling Freddie
Its frightening to think of riots going on all over more or less about the same thing :(

Ezteq

Queen of OT
one thing i noticed when i was in Oz was that the racism thing was quite visable (and tbh i really didnt expect it because it is such a huge multicultrial environment.. <-- big words in practice for english exam in 1 hr25 mins) and tbh it really unsettled me hearing folk use certain tearms for ethnic groups, and i've never considered myself politically correct but i was quite ashamed.

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Ezteq said:
one thing i noticed when i was in Oz was that the racism thing was quite visable (and tbh i really didnt expect it because it is such a huge multicultrial environment.. <-- big words in practice for english exam in 1 hr25 mins) and tbh it really unsettled me hearing folk use certain tearms for ethnic groups, and i've never considered myself politically correct but i was quite ashamed.

I had the same experience when i was in Oz and NZ, i wasnt outraged it just took me aback a little, kinda like watching re-runs of that show with Alf Garnet(sp)?

Dukat

Resident Freddy
My sister lives in australia, hearing this makes me feel totally helpless and frustrated, seeing as I cant do anything from here.

I've only just gotten back in contact with her after she left the UK many years ago, and hearing this makes me worry about her alot, I dont know what I'd do if something happened (I know what I'd want to do - jump on the first plane over there and skin the bastards involved alive).

When I read marc's post about the teenage girl who'd been stabbed I felt like I'd be physically punched - that could have been my sister, but it probably was someone else's, imagine what they're going through now?

Its the first time I have been involved in somthing like this (or atleast felt like i'd been involved in it) - hearing about it on the news and feeling connected with it. Its hell.

Why in gods name people cant just get along I dont know, fuck religion, fuck politics, why on earth do we always find something to hurt/kill ourselves over?

bit of a rant, but this kind of thing makes me proper angry.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Why on earth it's so "shocking" and an "outrage" when young girls gets stabbed....

How is it any different from an old black guy getting stabbed in an alley somewhere?

Dukat

Resident Freddy
old.Tohtori said:
Why on earth it's so "shocking" and an "outrage" when young girls gets stabbed....

How is it any different from an old black guy getting stabbed in an alley somewhere?

Was shocking and an outrage for me primarily because my sister is out there, and it just kinda brings it a little closer to home if you know what I mean?

also why on earth someone would take it apon themselves to harm a young girl who (probably) cant defend her self? I've been brought up to be a little "old fashioned" - in that I take it as an offence to see a man raise his hand to a woman, I find it pathetic, to put it mildly, so imagine how much it disgusts me to hear of someone knifing a girl?

Yes an old man getting stabbed is just as bad, but having a sister out there means that you worry more about her when you hear of someone like her being stabbed.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
old.Tohtori said:

because you arnt allowed to like, dislike, talk, mention or say anything about black people. its just not PC!

Marc

FH is my second home
Some lebenese people were playing rugby on the beach. The lifeguards asked them to stop as they were playing in a busy part of the beach and people were getting trampled on etc. The lebenese then attacked the lifeguards and it escolated from there. Thats what ive been told anyway by someone who was there and saw it happen.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Dukat said:
also why on earth someone would take it apon themselves to harm a young girl who (probably) cant defend her self? I've been brought up to be a little "old fashioned" - in that I take it as an offence to see a man raise his hand to a woman, I find it pathetic, to put it mildly, so imagine how much it disgusts me to hear of someone knifing a girl?

It's called team spirit and that exactly is the problem. Each year on 1st may in Germany, hundreds of young people gather for the chaos day and they walk through cities like cologne just to destroy stuff.

Now give the same people a stone while they're alone and in 90% of the cases no harm will be done. Just in the anonymity of the masses you are more inclined to do something than when you're alone. When people are together like that, they do "what they always wanted to do" without fear of being seen as an individual. As individual maybe these people would never ever stab anyone but if you have 10 people behind, then their level of morale lowers to a point where they're more likely to do something they would've never even dreamed of.

This exactly is what happens in a riot. Two different opinions clash on each other and small groups start to form. Then these groups, which build the hard core of the given opinion, expand their ideas to people who feel with them and by giving them an already set up environment these people feel that they're in organized hands and in my opinion, many people seek for organized things and don't want to take the wheel. Now sooner or later the cores will form radical opinions which then leads to a higher violence potential and then it's like a volcano, sooner or later it will explode.

Mobs are a pretty interesting subject if I may say that like this ( don't get me wrong please, I'm all against violence ) and I think most people who follow the mob are more or less weak-minded and/or are in need of guidance. As this guidance is most often not given by the people it should be ( family, school, government, ... ) a lot of these people seek for a replacement and in that case find the "bad guys".

Then there is the "copycat" effect which I think occurs at the moment. Thanks to modern media we have the opportunity to know about important things that happen in the world and if you see in TV that burning cars gets you attention, well then what do YOU do? Right, you start burning cars and cause havoc in the hope to get the same attention.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
old.Tohtori said:

Cos young girls are pretty,innocent and physically weak and it's the manly thing to wish to protect them for harm , old black men are seen to have been round the block and probably partly brought it upon themselves by hanging around in rough areas and being poor.

Totally politically incorrect, but that is the actual reason for the total disparity in our reactions wether we like it or not.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Yeah Liloe,good description, sounds like someone's done it at Uni.

Mob mentality is the strangest thing,if a mob forms around me I always walk away, I never follow any group and I actively attack 'natural born leaders'

They cause nothing but trouble ,and society has the cheek to praise them.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Benedictine said:
Riots in UK, France and Australia - some would say there is a common thread here.

I do think there is an unhealthy endemic threat of Islamophobia across many countries and this is not good for either 'side'.

Problem is things like this only serve to harden attitudes - each culture and 'side' must examine itself very closely and be brutally honest with itself.

Cant blame them

Doesnt help it when the fact a lot of people eneter a country, bleed it dry with benefits, then cry foul or racism when people turn around and tell them where to go

Doesnt help the fact when people enter a country and refuse to speak the language or even learn it, yet cry racism when someone says anything to them

Doesnt help when these people join gangs and arase others, yet cry racism when anything is said to them

liloe

It's my birthday today!
The funny thing about you write Thadius is the reason why these people have the opportunity to cry out like that? We have to face the fact that our governments are not angels and many things happened in the old days that affect the time we live in. Take colonies for example. The "White Man" exploited people in various countries, but of cause a lot of them came over to our lands aswell and brought their culture with them. Afraid of another culture these people were seperated in their own houses, quarters etc., so not really allowed to join our society, which eventually led to a cultural seperation between the different nations. With years passing, the gap between the different layers of society has widened and so some of these people who once - long ago - came here feel oppressed by our society, which is to some degree not even deniable.

Now we're facing people who are not integrated in our culture because at first we did not want them and so they were always alone with them, which makes it incredibly hard to be more open to each other. We don't even have to go far back. After WW2 in Germany, we needed lots of workers so italian, turkish, polish etc. people came and worked here and they worked hard, very hard. So now Germany - as most other countries in the world - has problems with unemployment and the extreme right voices are yelling at these people ( or respectively their families ) now, but how should they feel about it? After all they were asked to come over to help rebuild and now that the work is done they shouldn't have their piece of the cake? Of cause this is very simplified, but I hope it shows what problems these strangers often face.

So what happens now. These people cry our and the government jumps in to try and help them out, because of what? They feel guilty alone is no answer because governments always think of the money first, but in todays society you also have to save face as government and thus your feeling of guilty has to be shown to other countries, who then also feel forced to act in a similar way.
Yer but now a new thing factors in, the people who jump the bandwagon, those who are really only after living an easy life and for them it's easy to merge with their "nation mates" and just cry the same phrases in the same direction, thinking nobody will notice it.

Now as governments do not want to make mistakes, these bandwagon jumpers are often overseen and this is what makes the other citizens of the county rage, the unfairness with which the different groups are treated.

Stranger politics is a very complex thing and I think it's hard to discuss it on a forum =)) It's a very interesting topic and I guess one could fill whole evenings discussing about the different issues =)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
liloe said:
The funny thing about you write Thadius is the reason why

snip

a forum =)) It's a very interesting topic and I guess one could fill whole evenings discussing about the different issues =)

very well written, rep point for you i think

I think it was all well and good getting rid of racism, and discrimination based on creed,sex,colour,religion etc. But at some point it went too far, i think (as a ethnic "minority") it is very unfair people arent treated equally just to fill company quotas on people being of a certain ethnic group. Unfortunately this is what our society has turned into, not because of the yelling masses but because of the "take to court" culture that is spreading to here from the states. Everyone is so scared of having a law suite against them these things are happening.
Just the other day i read in the paper a lady who tried to commit suicide sued (sp?) the hospital because they were too late and she got brain damage. I mean what kind of society are we in if people who are trying to save lives are being penalised for trying to do just that, even if they purposefully caused themselves harm. The mind boggles
Theres always people who will abuse a system there to help/aid everyone else, but i guess we just have to live with it

Edit:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to liloe again.
nerf

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Yes I agree Chronictank and there is a law in Germany that prevents medical personal from being taken to court because of mistakes they made. Now this was debated a lot cause on the other hand it meant that incompetent doctors had some kind of refugee, but I prefer having one foul apple than to know that no doctor will try to cure certain illnesses due to the fear of having someone injured. Sadly some things can only be cured with risk and it's good to have our medical people protected against these.

EDIT: what is that with: You must spread reputation points? I got that aswell and I've no idea how that reputation system even works =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom