First CU Fan Meet Up in Arizona

Mkilbride

Loyal Freddie
Source: http://www.sklurb.com/camelot/?p=945

Dang it. I got sauerkraut in my lederhosen again! I guess that’s what I get for trying to cook like a Canadian.
This week, several Camelot Unchained fans decided to meet up in Phoenix, Arizona at the appropriately named “Duck & Decanter” tavern. Here is what SmudgePudge posted on the CU Reddit:
“Camelot Unchained had it’s (I’m assuming) first official IRL Meetup in Phoenix, AZ. Luckily there was a female in attendance so photographic evidence exists of this event. We met at the a Lore appropriate bar called the Duck & Decanter and had a couple of beers and really nerded out.
Not so surprisingly we were all previous Dark Age of Camelot players so much of the time was spent spinning old war stories and tales of valor. I’m sure at least a few of them were actually even true! We all talked about the crazy ending of the Kickstarter and how much fun this AWESOME community has already become.
We actually talked about some non-gaming topics too but that stuff was boring as hell
icon_smile.gif
One totally awesome turn of events was as we were all getting ready to leave a guy who had to be in his mid 20s came up to us and politely asked if he could ask what game we had been talking about. When we told him Dark Age of Camelot he got a huge smile on his face and said “I knew it!”. We were all shocked that he was old enough to remember let alone play DAoC and as good little disciples of Mark Jacobs promptly started to promote CU lol. He had actually already heard about it and was interested. I told him to check out this subreddit so hopefully he will get a chance to read this. Robert – give us a shout out if you do read this and we’ll definitely let you know when the next meetup is scheduled for.
All in all it was totally not as awkward as I’m sure we all were nervous it could have been lol. We found out that Amber talks just as much irl as she does in chat, Brandyn actually does resemble Tiger Woods a little bit, Jim and SmudgePudge have extremely found memories of Mob Trains in EQ, and all of the guys have actually served in the military. Pretty awesome! Can’t wait for the next one so we can all meet Thomas!
If you live in the Phoenix area and are brave enough to meet up with us shoot me an email at – jscott at olio com.
Also – I setup the website that I linked to specifically for CU photos, comments, and tweets. Please feel free to use it. The site will pick up any tweets that include the hashtag #fansofcu. You can upload photos from your computer or tweet them in. Would love to see and hear from the rest of the community.
Cheers!
EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention that I think is awesome. What made Robert think we might have been talking about DAoC was because we kept saying one thing over and over again… RvR!! How awesome is that? DAoC synonymous with RvR even to a younger generation!”

professor nomos

Regular Freddie
You've not generated one original thread on this board in several days. Instead, you've either posted someone else's post (see above) or cross-posted threads from MMORPG.com here.

If you want to be an opinion leader, set up your own blog and invite people to comment there.

Mkilbride

Loyal Freddie
I'm afraid I don't quite understand. I've made some original threads. I've also copied some over from other sites I thought worth mentioning. I also copy them to other websites, such as the KS, MMORPG.com, ect.

professor nomos

Regular Freddie
Mayhaps this is my age showing (all 30 years of it) but historically, its been bad practice to simply copy and paste posts from one forum/listserv across all similar forums.

I will note that perhaps there isn't much cross-pollination between MMORPG.com and here so this might just be me.

Might also be that reading over 100 student essays has gotten me grumpier than normal but I'm rather tired of seeing cross-posts.

Mkilbride

Loyal Freddie
Well, I made said topic on another forum, but am curious here as well. I've never had an issue with any other forum thinking I can only EXCLUSIVELY post on their forum and none others.

professor nomos

Regular Freddie
Well, I made said topic on another forum, but am curious here as well. I've never had an issue with any other forum thinking I can only EXCLUSIVELY post on their forum and none others.

I didn't insist on exclusivity, I asked for originality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom