first and last name... how???

Z

zedmother

I have seen players with first and last names for their characters. How do I make a first and last name?
Thanks !

C

chretien

Well your first name is the one you choose at character creation.
When you get to level 10 you can go to an NPC in your realms' capital city called the Name Registrar - in Albion he's in an office near the round table along with the guy who forms guilds and puts guild emblems on shields and cloaks.
You give him the last name you want and it's added to your character. After that you can change or remove it by visiting him again.

Z

zedmother

wonderful :)

Thank you so much for the speedy response!

B

BlitheringIdiot

As already stated they are near the vault keeper, guild registrar, guild emblemeer etc - this applies to all three realms and you can find one in the main SI town aswell as the ordinary capital city.

Select them and type /lastname LookEveryoneIHaveALastName

N

-Nxs-

One point to make - currently although you can change your lastname as many times as you like (for a small cost to the name registrar) you are unable to clear it, i think this is made possible in a later patch.

B

BlitheringIdiot

Thats not entirely true...

Im going mostly on hear'say but Ive heard that if you use the alt+numpad numbers thing (ie alt 123) to get up funny symbols. Then do one of the leet synbols that arent allowed in surnames, like TM etc. Then change your name to something else, then when the registrar says 'are you sure you want to change you name to blah' you click cancel. It will not only not give you the surname you typed but clear the illegal one as its just realised its illegal.

Not tried it though and technicalyl you are breaking the Code of Conduct by putting the leet illegal symbols in your surname, but worst they would do would be to get rid of your surname all together which is what you want anyway ;)

C

Coim-

I don't think you can put alt+numpad characters in anymore. They changed it in one of the patches and now everytime you try it, says some random crap about "Illegal character in name" or something.

B

BlitheringIdiot

So I typed all that, checked for spelling mistakes, and posted it all for nothing? :(

C

Coim-

Originally posted by BlitheringIdiot
So I typed all that, checked for spelling mistakes, and posted it all for nothing? :(
Think so. Only reason I know is one of my chars had l33t symbols in it's name, then it got changed. So I went to get it changed back and it came up with all the "Illegal" stuff.

C

Coim-

Oh and you can't be very good at checking for spelling mistakes...

-Then do one of the leet synbols that arent

-Not tried it though and technicalyl

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom