Fireteams

J

Jonny_Darko

I'm getting into ET in a major way at the moment, and I'm getting half decent at it. As a result I've been receiving loads of invitations to join Fireteams, and I've said no to all of them.

I don't mean to be rude, but I just don't understand what being part of a fireteam involves?

Can anyone enlighten me of what is expected from one?

Thanks

M

mr.Blacky

The only thing I can think of is that it lets you see where they are and in what health, for the rest I am clueless also.

D

Deadmanwalking

It allows alot more than that. Using your numpad keys you select the members of your fireteam, this will make them selected in the little fireteam box top left. Press Z and it gives you a list for fireteam commands. Lets say you selected a guy who was an Engineer you then press Z and you will have an extra option untitled Engineer, this is a group of engineer specific commands that is only issued to your fireteam. This works for all the classes.

This can be incredible usefull as you can issue commands without having to type.

Anyway hope that made sense/helped.

DMW

D

doh_boy

Also as a medic knowing a persons position and their health is VERY helpful. I prefer being in a fireteam because I like knowing where people are. :)

K

KUJO

Definately prefer to be in a fire team. Makes for a more realistic team playing experience, especially when you can give specific orders to a specific role!

J

Jonny_Darko

K, still all sounds a bit complicated but I'll give it a try later. I like being able to tell where all the other players are, but am unsure of the value of issuing commmands to other living players who no doubt are going to ignore them!

W

Will

Its easy enough, and you can just ignore it if its all too much. I know I do.

K

KUJO

It all depends on what people prefer to do. You either are or you aren't on a fireteam. I have always been on a fireteam and have never had an individual order from another player so can't comment on the ignoring thing but if I did get one I would question the validity of it before acting on it, depends if the person issuing it was being a tit or not!

D

Deadmanwalking

I normaly only play if people i know are also playing, so we are in the same fireteam. Which in mine and Deadys case helps more than you can imagine.

Instead of random Fieldops artillery spam, he waits for my order to fire it and i say where. This allows us to time attacks/etc etc using both of our skills.

Not to mention as a medic it makes my life so easy it's stupid.

C

Campo

If ur team has say 2 fireteams Alpha can attack from one side, and bravo from the other. This can lead to enemy confusion and a much better team game, say in Goldrush on allies one fireteam can stay with tank while other team blows up barriers and kills enemy. Only prob is ppl want to run around shooting everything they see

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom