Fired for doing the right thing

Syri

FH is my second home
This article describes how a dinner lady at a school was fired, for telling the parents of a child that their child was being bullied... someone has offered to pay for a legal fight for her, but should that really be necessary?
I think it's disgraceful myself. Bullying is something that schools just don't seem to take serious any more, and for an act of this severity, they're really going after the wrong person.
I think the whole education system needs a shake-up to be honest. The punishment for bullies is getting less and less, and victims are made to feel more and more at fault. I can't help but feel if more was done to prevent bullying, there wouldn't be anywhere near as many problems with youth crime in this country. Not saying all youths are criminals, by any means, but the amount of youths causing trouble is increasing, that can't be denied.
Personally, I'd rather see schools taking a more aggressive stance against bullies. Instead of sending them home, which they probably want anyway, allow some real forms of punishment back in. Not saying go beat them up for beating others up, but at least something that will show them not to cross certain lines.
I was a victim of bullying throughout school, and those that bullied me weren't punished nearly enough, and it's only gotten worse in the 15 years since then. I'm just curious to hear other people's thoughts on this.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
It is a disgrace, what is even more stupid, is everytime the school discuss it they finish with it's their priority is to "provide the best possible education" for it's pupils.

They aint got a clue.

Nate

FH is my second home
I think it's because if they bothered to deal with the family that has the bully they will probably get a lot of abuse/trouble, instead..fire the messenger. Much simpler. School's just can't be arsed to deal with problems correctly if there is an easier way, even if it's morally wrong.

It's like my mate, his kid is going on holiday and wants to keep his homework kept up to date during it but the school won't bother to give him the homework because they can't be arsed to write it out for him.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Sacked for breaking confidentiality? Who was the the confidentiality designed to protect? Clearly not the kids, perhaps the management of the school who can't keep the kids safe?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Fucking Government.

This country has become a nation run by absolute fools.

You cant do half the things you could 10 years ago, you cant stand up for bullies. Fuck all.

Tories, liberals, labour, they are all the same. Stupid laws and rules that are ricockulous.

And the media and politicians cry and whinge when an alternative party, like the BNP, gain seats.

/rant

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
its totally shit, and at the same time, completely unsuprising

fair does to her for standing up for what she believes in, and glad to see someone is offering to pay her fees, i get the nasty feeling it was a case of "shes on a council salary, she cant afford to contest it, its quieter than having to confront the parents of the other childrens"

grow some balls pls people

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom