Finster and other sb's/hunters

V

Vrollo

I just wanted to know what your thrust resists are. I was fighting Finster (SB) when he attacked my scout friend and managed to hit Fatbelly (Hunter) a couple of times with my infi before I got ganked by savage squad. I checked log and every hit I did had about -50%dmg on every hit.

for example:
My PA on Finster was something like 446 dmg (-222 dmg)

J

jox

Originally posted by Vrollo
I just wanted to know what your thrust resists are. I was fighting Finster (SB) when he attacked my scout friend and managed to hit Fatbelly (Hunter) a couple of times with my infi before I got ganked by savage squad. I checked log and every hit I did had about -50%dmg on every hit.

for example:

-50%? nah...

but -36%? ok; 10(mid leather) + 26 = 36

Neither norse or kobold have any bonus against thrust.

A

Arnor

for example:

they have thrust-cheat v.5.2

Z

Zaragon

when did - 222 dam out of 668 gett to 50 % thrust resist?

W

Whisperess

for example:

446 + 222 = 668

222 / 668 = ~ 33%

I would say he has 36% thrust resist ( including mid leather 10% thrust resistance ) and you didn't remember the exact values.

V

Vrollo

Originally posted by Valhall
when did - 222 dam out of 668 gett to 50 % thrust resist?

My log said 446 dmg (-222 dmg) so I think I would have hit him for about 224 dmg total?

Or did I do 668 dmg total -222 dmg and did actually hit him for 446 dmg? Little confused now :) Gonna test it out then.

Thrust cheat ?

A

Aybabtu

My log said 446 dmg (-222 dmg) so I think I would have hit him for about 224 dmg total?

Or did I do 668 dmg total -222 dmg and did actually hit him for 446 dmg? Little confused now :) Gonna test it out then.

Thrust cheat ?

446 is what you hit him for, 446+222 is what you would have hit him for if he had no thrust resist and neutral armor, afaik.

V

vintervargen

Or did I do 668 dmg total -222 dmg and did actually hit him for 446 dmg?

yes.

now lets play "guess vrollo's RR"

B

BidAccount

I have gone against fatbelly before (and usually lose) - but sometimes it is around 50% resists.

I'm guessing he has a level or 2 of Avoid Pain.

V

Vasconcelos

Originally posted by donttouchpoopy
I have gone against fatbelly before (and usually lose) - but sometimes it is around 50% resists.

Advice: check death messages before trying on Fatty. With AP n Purge up hes a tuff bastard :p

D

Driwen

Re: Re: Finster and other sb's/hunters

Originally posted by Whisperess
446 + 222 = 668

222 / 668 = ~ 33%

I would say he has 36% thrust resist ( including mid leather 10% thrust resistance ) and you didn't remember the exact values.

hunter TL has posted something interesting about armour resists. He said you should multiply them to get the proper one so .74 for the 26% and .90 for the armour makes .74*.9=.666, which means 33% resist. What is what he had. However he might be wrong there, but he claims to have heard it from the dev's.

P

Pin

AP does not effect resists

V

Vrollo

Originally posted by vintervargen
yes.

now lets play "guess vrollo's RR"

well what would you guess then :), not much guessing really since you can look up my amount of rp on duskwave and the chronicles :)

I knew it but wasn't sure that's the reason for this post.

Q

quinthar

for example:

50% would be 400 (-400) thats around 35% cba to work it our exactly, I'm on my lunch break ..

That woudl include armour type resists...

edit: Boo beaten to it ...

B

BidAccount

Hmm - so assuming studded leather, max'd thrust resist - do Kobbies get a racial on thrust? Does any Mid class get a castable absorb buff?

Could have sworn it was close to 50% resist. Fatbelly - explain yourself.

A

Aybabtu

Hmm - so assuming studded leather, max'd thrust resist - do Kobbies get a racial on thrust? Does any Mid class get a castable absorb buff?

No acording to Jox neither Norse or Kobie gets thrust resist from race and BD's has castable absorb

O

old.Lethul

absorb doenst effect resist. .. .. .. ..............

B

BidAccount

Well - put it down to me not taking logs and trying to avoid getting my ass kicked at the time.

O

old.fatbelly

i have 26% thrust res, and thrust resistant studded armor+10% or so.. and ap3 but it doesnt affect resists.

kobold has 5% crush 5% energy as racial resists.

B

BidAccount

I've never used AP - does it kick in after resits or before?

Eg Does 100 damage have the 26% resist taken off, then 30% off the remainder or is it 30% off the top, then 26% off the remainder?

H

Haldar

it is same.

final dmg = base dmg * 0.74 (rez) * 0.7 (AP3)

[edit] armor/weapons bonuses/penalty not included

B

BidAccount

Would I be right in thinking that with AP3 up that 100 base damage would read 52(-26).

Slightly misleading - with armour resistances and af it'd probaly be some thing in the region of 40(-26).

Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

H

Haldar

AP discounts dmg first, then the resists kick in. and armor/weapons tables are factored into resists too.

Users who are viewing this thread