finnally announced!

F

Falcon

I have to say, I know full well no system is hack proof but this quote raises and interesting point:

Analysed the origin and nature of the attack by doing a quite extensive technical audit.
Took necessary steps to prevent such attacks to continue or happen again.

Why weren't those procedures to prevent the attack there to prevent them ever happening in the first place? If it WAS an internal attack by an employee then there DEFINETELY should have been procedures in place to prevent such things happening. If it was an external hack why make such a bold statement making an open invite for someone to try or try again?

The news post is helpful and indeed well written, the free days are nice but my liking, it's just too little too late.

G

granitus

Just for info ( dont know if this is posted anywhere)

E-Mail addresses are changed from the ACCOUNT page not rightnow(tho you may be able to do it that way , i never have ) and to access the account page you use your subscription password and login name NOT the game password which you dont have or is wrong.

I know this does not affect the amount of time untill these services are up but hope it can help some people who have wrong password or not recieved one .

S

Shike

Originally posted by raivothewarden
Jesus fucking Christ. Get a life, dude.

lewl, say that to the group I usually xp with from my guild aswell that is waiting for the druid. Oh and I have a wife and a son that I spend time with aswell besides daoc, I have a life or something that can be called a life at least. Do you? :rolleyes:

R

raivothewarden

Originally posted by Shike
...Oh and I have a wife and a son that I spend time with aswell besides daoc, I have a life or something that can be called a life at least. Do you? :rolleyes:

Yes. I have wife and son too. Just sounded so nolife the comment u sent, I just had to send teh msg I did.

And. If your guild is ONLY up to your druid... :rolleyes:

S

Shike

Originally posted by raivothewarden
Yes. I have wife and son too. Just sounded so nolife the comment u sent, I just had to send teh msg I did.

And. If your guild is ONLY up to your druid... :rolleyes:

RvRgrp under construction where some already have dinged 50, they are waiting for me at the moment, and thats frustrating to say the least, but nevermind, I wont spew out some rubbish now despite the fact that my fingers itch :p

W

Whoodoo_RD

Re: Re: finnally announced!

Originally posted by Draylor
Hilarious

Remember the 24+ hours downtime way back at the beginning that was claimed to be a DoS attack at the time? Either GOA dont remember it, 24hours+ downtime is nothing or they were lying at the time.
Huge difference between denial of service (spamming their IPs) and actually getting into the servers and fooking about with them. Only one is a security risk, the other is just a pain in the arse where the hacker does not actually get into the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom