Finland

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't get the "exactly 21 following" bit. Also, I thought you had to follow people to have to listen to them go on about what they had for breakfast or if they enjoyed their pooh, etc, how are bots affecting people unless they chose to follow them?

(I don't actually get twitter anyway, nor why it is so important to people)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I don't get the "exactly 21 following" bit. Also, I thought you had to follow people to have to listen to them go on about what they had for breakfast or if they enjoyed their pooh, etc, how are bots affecting people unless they chose to follow them?

Exactly 21 is probably because that's what the script that creates the accounts sets them to have.

Finnish elections coming soon are they?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Presidential election coming soon

Incumbent looks lilely to win wothout a 2nd round (hes at 80% in polls) mostly due to his wife being pregnant, having a funny looking dog/face and Trump calling him NiniChoo (his name is Sauli Niinistö)

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Bots can set the trending topics which people click on to see what's going on and get sucked down the rabbit hole of bollocks. Alternatively they can flood replies to peoples' posts making it seem like the whole world agrees or disagrees with the opinion contained therein. Once-fringe opinions become mainstreamed.

Anyway, be interesting to see what these Finnish bots start posting / retweeting.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Its funny because their name is at the end of every race.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Bots can set the trending topics which people click on to see what's going on and get sucked down the rabbit hole of bollocks. Alternatively they can flood replies to peoples' posts making it seem like the whole world agrees or disagrees with the opinion contained therein. Once-fringe opinions become mainstreamed.

Anyway, be interesting to see what these Finnish bots start posting / retweeting.

So, essentially, if everyone was capable of looking at the facts and forming their very own opinion, this would not be an issue? I still don't see how people can be swayed by a series of brain farts on social media.

I mean, I get it, people are stupid, but I don't understand it.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
So, essentially, if everyone was capable of looking at the facts and forming their very own opinion, this would not be an issue? I still don't see how people can be swayed by a series of brain farts on social media.

It costs money to run bot and troll armies. They wouldn't do it if it didn't work.

Job

Why do you need an army, the papers these days class countrywide outrage as one idiot tweeting their bigotry.

georgie

FH is my second home

There's a reason companies the world over spend twenty gazillion pounds on advertising every year, people are swayed. A lot.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
There's a reason companies the world over spend twenty gazillion pounds on advertising every year, people are swayed. A lot.

It just goes to show, some people are easily manipulated. I create a hatred towards a commercial i watch more than two or three times.. Whatever it is. "I swear, they aren't out to sell stuff, they just want to make us miserable with this shit commercial"

Job

When are the going to finish Finland.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Did ya see Abramovich was denied a Swiss citizenship due to his connections to money laundering.

Looks like it's all coming out, and we're at the centre of it :D

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Did ya see Abramovich was denied a Swiss citizenship due to his connections to money laundering.

Plenty of countries and banks are at the centre of it and have been turning a blind eye for years.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
But yes, Abramovich should have been sanctioned or imprisoned years ago not left to lord it around Europe like some fucking duke off the back of money siphoned from ordinary Russians.

The cunt.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Is it even slightly surprising though, given the fact he's practically been given his wealth by the ex KGB agent running Russia...

Job

One mans fake news is another mans truth about the world.

Or womans
Or x to the n

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom