Finding the right weapon - con, dps, crafted, drops...

O

old.Hendrick

16.5 dps weapons
While those weapons should still cap at 16.2 at lvl 50, they have a point: Only at this range are weapons of all kind available, for example there is a 15.8 dps crush pole, but no 16.2 dps one. Also these weapons have excellent speed/dps relations, plus they look damn cool. The only item that is missing in the 16.5 dps range is a off-hand thruster, all other weapons are available in 16.5 dps (jambiyas, the supreme toy of any slash dual wielder for instance).

But: They have a difficulty of 1015 (not that difficult to reach), and to make masterpieces I'd need at least 1065 skill if not more :)

T

trigali

I am playing a SB, level 36. So I'm capped at 12 dmg

Is there an advantage for me in opening a fight with a, for example, 12 dps 2h sword, instead of using my double wielding with 2 x 12dps weapons (sword and left axe) ?

K

klavrynd

The 2hander is alot slower and since you get your first hit free of charge (no swing timer) you will hit alot harder with your 2h

T

trigali

Even with a dmg cap at 12 ? I'm a very thick Kobold, clearly, but am getting confused again.

O

old.Hendrick

Read my second post in this thread:
DPS = Damage per second, calculated over a certain amount of time.
A two-handed weapon can have the same dps as a tiny little dagger, but this does not mean they both do the same damage in one hit. The two-handed weapon will always do more damage in one hit than the dagger, but over time they both will even out.
This means that if it's all about a single hit, the bigger weapon will be better.

Just do the math: dps * spd * 0.xx qual = damage in one hit
You will find that a two-handed weapon with say spd 5.5 does more damage in one single hitthan a dagger or axe with speed around 2.5.

So: Use big sword for crit-strike, then change to dual wield/LA according to your preferences.

T

trigali

I am sorry, I am very tired today... I should have spotted the fact this was already explained above.

Thanks for your patience.

Now on to finding a good 2h sword :)

O

old.giriam

Originally posted by trigali
Even with a dmg cap at 12 ? I'm a very thick Kobold, clearly, but am getting confused again.

You dont have a dmg cap at 12, you have a dps cap at 12. (Level * 0,3 + 1.2).

The cap relates to the initial dps, not the effective one.

So a weapon with dps 16.2, quality 85% would do less damge than one with dps 12.0, quality 86% in your hands, but much more in the hands of someone level 50. its a wierd system.

G

F

Flimgoblin

Basically, a high quality yellow weapon/armour is better than low quality purple :)

D

Damon_D

A good way to actualy test yuor weapon is find a spot with grey con's , and then start to beat the crap out of em , by comparing your max dmg you can actualy find out what weapon is the best for you atm.

And to Anpu, I dont think durabillity was mentioned in the dmg calcculation - but condition was ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom