Finding real IP-address from a command prompt...

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Simple question:

Need to get hold of my real IP-address, not the one the gateway/router assigns to the different PC's...

And need this done from a CMD-prompt.
Code:
Ipconfig /all
does not give out this information, any other way to get hold of it ? Any other way to get it from cmd-prompt or some program I can run to do this ?

Getting different IP-addresses from the ISP, I thought I could get hold of the current IP and then just FTP it to a webpage. That way I could always see the current IP on a webpage if I need to access the PC from work etc.

Thx in advance :cheers:

(edit) I know I can get hold of the address in the managment section of the router, but that's not suitable for this

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
CMD>tracert www.yahoo.com

or something like that..guessing you real IP for the internet (one the router holds for you) should be second hop? presuming you network consists of machine-router-net.

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Neffneff said:
CMD>tracert www.yahoo.com

or something like that..guessing you real IP for the internet (one the router holds for you) should be second hop? presuming you network consists of machine-router-net.

Ofc, didn't think of that :touch:

But anyhow, need to do 2 tracert's to get the real IP

First will show default gateway, and using that IP in second tracert will get me the current IP

Thx for the help :cheers:

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
knew there was something like that around..jsut couldnt be arsed to look for it ;P

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
If the first external hop on a traceroute doesn't display it then you are looking at using a 3rd party program as you can't with standard windows install afaik.

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
You could just check thet config page on your router like normal people do.

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Mojo said:
You could just check thet config page on your router like normal people do.

I'm pretty normal FYI :flame:
And read from start pls like normal people do :p

It's for helping a mate of mine having access to his ftp site at home when he's at work, but the ISP renews his IP with random intervals...

So to solve this I was just gonna pipe the current IP to a URL and then FTP it to his webby once every 15 minutes or so...
Then he can have the link with the current IP address all the time..even if his ISP renews and gives him a new one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom