Help find me a new mobile!

- English -

Resident Freddy
Is it just me, or do all the current phones appear to suck. Im very picky, and if something sticks out, i wont have it lol.

I currently have a nokia n81, and I have had nokia all my life.

I dont want an iphone or touch screen. I dont really want another flip / slide phone. And the screen cannot be too big.

It should have a mp3 music jack, and pref 4gig + memory card to store music on.

Camera would be nice, 3mp + is req

The phone can't be too big, too long, too wide, too heavy and most importantly, it cant be ugly.

Wifi would be bonus, but internet is a requirement as i would like one of those boltons to get the internet for a fee a month.

Does this phone exist???!!!

The best ive seen so far is this. Ive noidea if its any good though.

g_00295983.jpg

Sony Ericsson W890i Mocha

Reps for help, thanks alot !

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If you've not browsed, i prefer samsungs.

Currently have the g800.

It's a slider though, but it works wonders.

No crash problems, java works very well, camera is good enough(for a mobile), space is a bit tight, but correctable with a MC.

It's an old model(ish), so some newer might be out there for you.

Not at work currently so can't go through our database or our 1400+ mobile profiles :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
If you are a Nokia user then do not go Samsung, their UI is awful and very alien to nokia or sony users.

I'm sure a few phones meet those specs, will have a look later; but can you tell us what network you are on -is it an upgrade, or are you buying it pay as you go or offline? Will change the handsets you can and cannot get.

edit:// actually reading your post it appears you are on o2, yeah?

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Dont touch the W890i, its a piece of crap, i had 2 of them and took them back, they just dont seem to pick up a signal. Deebs got rid of his too for the same reason, and we are on different networks b4 you ask

I'm not saying dont get a SE, i have a K770i atm and its great, but stay away from the W890i

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If you are a Nokia user then do not go Samsung, their UI is awful and very alien to nokia or sony users.

Actually i would say the UI is far better then Nokia, but, it's like comparing IE with FireFox.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
BBs are quite nice, not quite my taste, but might be just the thing.

They should be quality enough.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Phone Product Detail - Nokia 6300 Refurb

this is nice as well, but camera is only 2megapixels. Also the 6500 classic is a nicer phone (the non slide version) but o2 no longer list it.

There seems to be a lack of non touch screen, non slide/flip phones that are actually any good at the moment.

have you considered getting a phone off ebay and taking the massive discount from o2 for not getting a phone? You'd go on their sim only tarrifs.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I dont want an iphone or touch screen. I dont really want another flip / slide phone. And the screen cannot be too big.

It should have a mp3 music jack, and pref 4gig + memory card to store music on.

Camera would be nice, 3mp + is req

The phone can't be too big, too long, too wide, too heavy and most importantly, it cant be ugly.

Wifi would be bonus, but internet is a requirement as i would like one of those boltons to get the internet for a fee a month.

Does this phone exist???!!!
With all those restrictions, I'd be surprised if you could ever find a phone that fits your requirements. All your parameters are subjective... what you dismiss as no good might be someone else's dream machine.

All I will say is that the days of "old style" phones are numbered. Touchscreens are the way the market is going and if you don't like them, tough. That's the market talking, not me.

Saying you don't want a phone that's "ugly" speaks volumes. You want something to be flash and show off? Then you'll have a problem because you'd dismiss anything "too big, too long, too wide, too heavy". You're going to have to compromise on something. I can't give you any suggestions because my preference is for touchscreen Pocket PC phones with a slide-out keyboard.

I would suggest visiting http://www.omio.com/ and seeing what fits your parameters.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
litmus -it's a touchscreen phone..... also probably one of the worst touchscreens I have used.

English - I have found phones that match your description, but they are not out yet, or or old models no longer offered by the networks.

I'll stick to Nokia since sony use their own headphone jacks, not 3.5mm:

Nokia UK - Buy Nokia N82 Camera Phone from Nokia UK

Nokia UK - Buy Nokia N79 Camera Phone from Nokia UK

Nokia UK - Buy Nokia 6500 Classic Mobile Phone from Nokia UK

Nokia UK - Buy Nokia N78 Multimedia Phone from Nokia UK

Nokia UK - Nokia 6700 classic - Specifications

- English -

Resident Freddy
I really like the look of the 5730 express music, though cant find any release info on it

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
The Samsung Tocco Ultra looks quality. It has a touch screen and a standard key pad and is aesthetically very smart, 8 mega pixel camera, a video camera with 30 fps... cool

soze

I am a FH squatter
The Samsung Tocco Ultra looks quality. It has a touch screen and a standard key pad and is aesthetically very smart, 8 mega pixel camera, a video camera with 30 fps... cool

It is horrid to use the UI was really really sluggish and it seemed the screen was not calibrated properly and miss clicks were a constant problem. I had a early model so it may have been improved.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Didn't it only come out a month or 2 ago? I have the Tocco myself, it's alright, not awful, not great, but i've heard only good things about the Ultra edition.

soze

I am a FH squatter
The Ultra did get good reviews but in practical use it was bad but from reading some forums it looks like that was sorted with a firmware update.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I read in the paper last week Apple plan to release the iPhone on pay as you go for under £100

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom