Finally decided on my next Tattoo!

Sar

Part of the furniture
Fuck me thats some horrible bruising for such a small area, tell them to not push so hard next time :eek:

I got bruising but nowhere near as much as that thank god, along with the scabbing the bruises hurt lots.

Get some Bepanthen on it Sarlar, will be healed in 3 or 4 days with that, wash it 5 times a day then whack Bepanthen on and if you can stand it wrap it in cling film.

Had it in cling film and Savlon for the first 3 days, and I'm leaving it to the air now, and using Bepanthen, which I got yesterday. I'll go another day with the Bep then switch to moisturiser (Cocoa Butter).

It's virtually healed already. No scabs whatsoever, and it shouldn't as it's formed a skin over the tattoo which in about 4/5 days should just peel off and that will be it. The bruising is bad(ish) because when he was shading that part the ink wasn't taking well for some reason. Doesn't bother me though, as it's the end result I'll be worried about. A couple of days of pain & irritation is more than worth it in the end :)

Chet, I have the Heroes one done already (Saturday week ago, 30th Aug) :

View attachment 4549

It got infected though, thanks either to my cat being a pain in the ass and constantly nudging it while it was trying to heal, or the tattoo artist (not the same one that did the Q4 tat) who really tried his best to ensure that the ink was visible on the other side of my wrist as well, he dug in that hard.

So some of the ink has blown out on it (only a few tiny bits mind), so I'll get that touched up next month when I'm getting my dragon done on my upper left arm (full size, from shoulder to the elbow):

View attachment 4550

I'll be getting another couple on my left arm, to match the positions of the Heroes & Q4 tats on the right arm, but I've still to decide what I'll get there though.

elisera

Fledgling Freddie
Just makes me want more tattoos...

I got my back piece extended earlier in the year (I have a large angel whose wings got extended) but I would love to continue it right down to the bottom of my back somehow. Just not sure what I would get that would be in keeping with the one I have.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Had it in cling film and Savlon for the first 3 days

Don't use Savlon next time luv, it contains bleaching agents that can fade the tattoo, just use Bepanthen when you get your next one.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Aye, going to. The Savlon was just a stopgap until I got to Asda to get the Bepanthen bought.

The bruised shading is starting to slightly recede now, so I can see bits of grey where it's healed. The logo itself is coming along nicely, as the "skin" that formed over the top of it is starting to recede as well, so I can now see the actual subdermal ink of the tattoo proper. I'd say another 3/4 days and it should start peeling off.

That Bepanthen has done a great job. That should be it healed and done inside of a week to a fortnight at most, which is brilliant considering the size of the thing. Definitely going to go down the "Bep from day 1 route" for the next 3/4 tats, which should be me finished then. Unless I decide to get any done on my back/chest.

Actually I'll probably get a couple on my chest too.

:D

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Don't use Savlon next time luv, it contains bleaching agents that can fade the tattoo, just use Bepanthen when you get your next one.

Have always used Savlon on my tattoo's and never had a problem, what chemical is it that is the bleeching agent?

Trem

Have always used Savlon on my tattoo's and never had a problem, what chemical is it that is the bleeching agent?

No idea luv, its what my tattooist advised me. After my first session I said "so loads of Savlon on it now" and he said "oh god no never use Savlon it contains bleaching agents"

I will ask him if I ever get another appoinment there, still not bloody finished :eek:

Found something -

Hello! Having had a vaaaaaast quantity of tattoos, this seems to be the proceedure advocated by the pro's- Leave cligfilm on tatt for 24 HOURS (v.imporant apparently), after 24 hrs wash tattoo gently with unperfumed soap and water as hot as you can stand. pat dry. apply ACRIFLEX- savlon has bleach in it as does germolene which may damage the colour. Tattoo goo is apparently too weak to disinfect the tattoo and can hinder the scabbing process as it is too greasy. Try not to get your tattoo wet for a few days. Apply acriflex twice a day. After about 2- 3 wks when the scab is all gone, replay acriflex with e45 and always remember to apply sucream to the area when out.

Although they say to use water as hot as you can stand, surely thats not right as that can dissolve any scabs that have formed and cause secondary scarring.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
No idea luv, its what my tattooist advised me. After my first session I said "so loads of Savlon on it now" and he said "oh god no never use Savlon it contains bleaching agents"

I will ask him if I ever get another appoinment there, still not bloody finished :eek:

Found something -

Although they say to use water as hot as you can stand, surely thats not right as that can dissolve any scabs that have formed and cause secondary scarring.

So really, its each to there own then haha :)

Thanks, was just curious, I've seen the bad effects from some other products but Savlon has always done me right.

Cheers
Dreamor :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Just to weigh in, I also was told not to use savlon by my tattooist. Bepanthen all the way.

Trem

So really, its each to there own then haha :)

Thanks, was just curious, I've seen the bad effects from some other products but Savlon has always done me right.

Cheers
Dreamor :)

After what my tattoo cost I wasn't going to risk not listening to the tattooist, more than anything I was bothered about the money :D

Thing is (and I don't mean this in a pedantic way) how do you know your tattoo hasn't been affected by Savlon? I mean mine is still as bright as the day it was done, almost brighter somehow on the orange bits.

But like you say Dreamlarington, each to their own and I imagine Savlon is nicer to live with than sticky slimy Bepanthen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom