FINAL Final Fantasy - What are your thoughts?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Since Hideo Kojima annouced that he's putting his master creation, Metal Gear, into rest (as is with all good things, it must end sometime), i came to thinking.

When might be the time for the REAL Final Fantasy?

What would you like to see?

What would your reactions be?

Do you believe that game series should, at some time, be put to their resting place in the halls of glory?

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Well, personally i hope i get to play FF21 for the Playstation 4.

Metal Gear, is a fantastic series. But, with a somewhat set cast and limited world. So i think it's ok for Metal Gear to be layed to rest.

Final Fantasy however, i much less limited imho. And i think there is still things left in the future for the Final Fantasy franchise.

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
Make a prequel/sequel to 7 then they can rest.

Also what about a mgs light gun game?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Final Fantasy however, i much less limited imho. And i think there is still things left in the future for the Final Fantasy franchise.

so does the sims but thats still not a good idea :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Make a prequel/sequel to 7 then they can rest.

This was actually my thoughtd about the final FF game too. If they ever decide to scrap the franchise, this would basicly be their only option to keep the fans "happy"'ish.

Also agree on your points about the game being of a different innovation/expansion value.

But also i think that Final fantasy franchise has to radically change to survive much longer, it's been balancing on the line of "same old" and "new stuff" for a bit long.

I believe Hideo Kojima said that he had told everything that was to be told of Snake, and it was time for new and exiting adventures of other sorts.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I honestly think Final Fantasy will keep being made for a long time. If you look at most of the previous games, they offer some of the best graphics the consoles can actually offer. When the final Final Fantasy comes out, it's going to be when there's nothing else people can do graphically. That's really it. Story lines can change and change and allways be different. (X/X2 doesn't count.. X2 sucked)

Hope it's around for a while. I just hope they can make something as good as FF7. (If they can, they should stop there)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
My friend told me a while back the guy went mad when desigining the combat system for FF12 and left the company/got fired.

If thats true then the series may continue, but under some other designer/creator

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Load of crap, should stop now and never release another! :p ;) :D

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Since Hideo Kojima annouced that he's putting his master creation, Metal Gear, into rest (as is with all good things, it must end sometime), i came to thinking.

When might be the time for the REAL Final Fantasy?

What would you like to see?

What would your reactions be?

Do you believe that game series should, at some time, be put to their resting place in the halls of glory?

ive never been a fan off the FF series, so tbh... i dont care.
is a lot of games etc that neeed to be put to rest cos they have run there course. n hopefully making final installments great

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
Final fantasy was better back when every game was a new world. It started going down the pan when they started doing sequals. Not that there bad, its just a case of seen this done it. The new world new story thing is why theres now 13 versions + spin offs + sequals ect, its a nice new thing every go. If you did MGS with different chars / worlds everytime, it would be much more interesting.

I personaly whish square would resurect the chrono games. They would rock!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
they don't really bear much of a resemblance to one another though, obviously the fight systems are similar, mobs, spells etc, but the story is always different. They could call it something else but whats the point? Final fantasy is more of a brand now anyway.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
That Jinlish tagline they had a few episodes back "Another Final Fantasy?!" always tickled my ribs. I just imagine this hyped up Japanese guy screaming it.

FF series has slowed down a bit lately with more spin-off titles than actual sequels.

For the "final" final fantasy, maybe a PC game which has monthly updates. Haven't really seen anything like that, so you have people waiting in suspense like waiting for the next 24 episode.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Keep releasing them but keep the fighting system how it was in older FF's, the latest additions to the series are no where near as enjoyable as the previous releases. They've made great FF's in the past and I'd love to see a prequel to FF7 and/or FF9, I have faith in them being able to release another amazing FF game somewhere along the line :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I just wish the whole final fantasy series would FOAD! Stupid Japanese nonsense with crap dialogue and a plot full of holes! :p ;) :D

leviathane

Part of the furniture
i think the new ones are crap, give remakes of the good ones, ff7 and ff9 ftw xD

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
remember that when the FF series was around, they were fighting against some amazing sega games.. and the japanese are nuts for rpgs..

for a long time FF had to face the Phantasy Star series on the master system/megadrive.. PS won

then sega unleash the shining series (megadrive and saturn).. FF answer with FF7.. which is.. a good game.. but way way WAY too much dicking around doing nothing and waiting for craploads of text to scroll by.

the latter FF's simply didnt compare to what was happening on the dreamcast.. Phantasy Star Online, Skies of Arcadia :worthy: Grandia 2.. now theres a game.. grandia 2.. can prolly get it dirt cheap for pc now.. less crappy diaglougue.. and an awesome combat system.

the FF series wont die tho.. coz of fanatical japanese fan base

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Grandia 1 was better.

anyway, playing a RPG with out the Story(all that scrolling next you complaing about) it liike playing a FPS with out a gun.

and I agree with sparda bring back the Crono searies. Crono Tiggeer and Crono corss roxed.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
there was way too much text tho.. christ u could go for fully 30mins+ with nothing but stuff scrolling on screen.. doesnt help replay values does it?

Delket

One of Freddy's beloved
Just been playing through FF12 (Having played 7-9 and missing 10) and i love it as much as i did the others. No random battles and a more real time combat system is awesome and it seems like a way forward for the series, also makes it harder in some respects.

So long as they can keep the scale, story and feel as good as ever theres no reason it shouldn't continue.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
there was way too much text tho.. christ u could go for fully 30mins+ with nothing but stuff scrolling on screen.. doesnt help replay values does it?

Oh yes - blatantly :eek7:

Overdriven

o_O Sinner. Honestly, the scrolling wasn't a big deal, since the story line and ganeplay made up for me. Sure, it's a downside; but it's nothing to stop replaying the game.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Actually replayed FF7 recently. Blame FF12 and th opening titles playing an updated version of the original FF7 music. It just made me smile ;)

Once you get past the initial 'graphics look crap' 5 minutes and start to replay it you stop noticing that and start noticing characters that still make you care about them...

Last FF game ever? Remake FF7 as it's most ppls favourite of the lot. Bring it up to todays standards and add the content they ditched due to lack of time.

I always wanted the Aeris resurrection stuff to be added back in one day.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Just been playing through FF12 (Having played 7-9 and missing 10) and i love it as much as i did the others. No random battles and a more real time combat system is awesome and it seems like a way forward for the series, also makes it harder in some respects.

So long as they can keep the scale, story and feel as good as ever theres no reason it shouldn't continue.

I liked it for a while, but that game was a huge letdown overall :(

Nate

FH is my second home
never played any FF games, but noticed FF3 is out on the ds..should I buy it? I've seen a couple of films The Spirits Within and Advent Children, they were pretty cool! :)

Overdriven

never played any FF games, but noticed FF3 is out on the ds..should I buy it? I've seen a couple of films The Spirits Within and Advent Children, they were pretty cool! :)

I need to correct you on a few things..

1) The Spirits Within has NEVER been considered a TRUE Final Fantasy film.
2) Advent Children is the best animated movie, ever. So far :D
3) Yeah, might aswell give it a go. There's a few others (Chronicals etc) which you should play too.

Though, nothing really beats the console versions... =< I've still yet to pick up #12

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom