Final Fantasy XIV

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Didnt sat it would die , just it will lose its grip on the crown.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
A Star Wars game has no chance of even worrying Blizzard.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
by end of 2011 Wow will have lost its grip due to a mix of things including age/boredom and new mmos like SWTOR. If SWTOR doesnt desthrone wow tho with its combination of top company and established franchise then nothing will.

Good luck with that.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
by end of 2011 Wow will have lost its grip due to a mix of things including age/boredom and new mmos like SWTOR. If SWTOR doesnt desthrone wow tho with its combination of top company and established franchise then nothing will.

Thing is, by the end of 2010(cataclysm) the WoW world will be turned upside down, everything changed and a buttload of new stuff added that could only be described as a WoW 2 add-on.

They're re-inventing the whole game, while keeping the basic good bits in.

Sure they'll make mistakes like every other patch/add-on and they'll lose a few peeps due to it, but every single person i've talked to who played WoW at one point, says they'll come back to try out Cata.

If Blizzard can make an add-on feel like a newer and better MMO then an actual NEW MMO, there's a problem.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
To be honest I think blizzard have too much to loose by not investing a lot of development hours and expense in every new WoW expansion. That may not have been true early on but I would guess so now. I'm not a big fan of WoW, I still think it looks a bit "Disney" and I am still bored by the PvP elements, but that is a matter of taste and for the majority WoW is unmatched.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
To be honest I think blizzard have too much to loose by not investing a lot of development hours and expense in every new WoW expansion. That may not have been true early on but I would guess so now. I'm not a big fan of WoW, I still think it looks a bit "Disney" and I am still bored by the PvP elements, but that is a matter of taste and for the majority WoW is unmatched.

Yeah the cartoony look bothered at first, but then i realised that i'd rather jump around in a consistently cartoony world, then get annoyed by pseudo-realistic MMOs. Now you don't even notice it.

Problem is that realism, especially in graohics, doesn't work in MMOs as content>graphics and as such, most MMOs that try realism fall somewhere into 5-10 year old FPS graphics :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
As they say, don't judge a book by its cover or in this case don't judge an MMO by its graphics :) WoW is appealing because of the PvE content if it didn't have that it'd be dead by now tbh.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Lolled hard at SWTOR dethroning wow.

About as likely as STO doing it.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
WoW graphics engine manages to look kinda nice on old PCs. FFXIV sounds like it'll laugh at my Q6600 and 8800GTX :(

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
WoW graphics engine manages to look kinda nice on old PCs. FFXIV sounds like it'll laugh at my Q6600 and 8800GTX :(

you'd be surprised :p I bet your pc would still run it fairly well considering.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
kek, just been selected for the Beta as well. I'll give it a pop I spose!

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I fucking played FFXI for years, quit, came back for another few years, and those kunts at Square Enix don't think I deserve a beta invite! :<

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I fucking played FFXI for years, quit, came back for another few years, and those kunts at Square Enix don't think I deserve a beta invite! :<

Same with WoW i've played it since open beta and i've never got an invite for TBC/WOTLK or even Cata and they claim its "random" yet one of my friends has not only received 1 invite for all 3 but 6 invites for all 3 in total... it blatently goes off system spec and what not.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Well I ran the benchmark (FINAL FANTASY XIV Official Benchmark) and...

Score 2705 (which they rate as "standard performance") at 720p with a Q6600@2.4ghz and 8800GTX.

Going to try 1080p now ... it takes so fucking long to run.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
1761 at 1080p... "Low Performance" .. "Capable of running the game, but will experience considerable slowdown. Adjusting settings is unlikely to improve performance."

Bleh. I could run Dragon Age at 1080p but not this crap? Still, the benchmark wasn't too choppy...

ECA

I am a FH squatter
1761 at 1080p... "Low Performance" .. "Capable of running the game, but will experience considerable slowdown. Adjusting settings is unlikely to improve performance."

Bleh. I could run Dragon Age at 1080p but not this crap? Still, the benchmark wasn't too choppy...

I can run the beta fine at 1850, the cutoff for playability is like 500 or something.

They are saying that even a 4970 can't fully take advantage of the engine.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
just tried 1920x1080 on the benchmark got 2262 no idea how good that is, not bad for the pc i'm using I guess E8400/4gig ddr2/4890 :) upgrading soon so should be all set for this when it arrives.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
just tried 1920x1080 on the benchmark got 2262 no idea how good that is, not bad for the pc i'm using I guess E8400/4gig ddr2/4890 :) upgrading soon so should be all set for this when it arrives.

its looking about the 'average' pc score, 8k+ is brilliant apparently, but no one can afford that shit.

I got like 1800 on high on a 2 year old PC, so you wouldnt have any problems running it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
its looking about the 'average' pc score, 8k+ is brilliant apparently, but no one can afford that shit.

I got like 1800 on high on a 2 year old PC, so you wouldnt have any problems running it.

aye thought so, I was just upgrading for upgrade sake :) my old (current) pc will goto my wife as hers is shitty and old.

Afran

Part of the furniture
I got 3528 on the high res, quite a bit off the 8k ;o

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom