Final Fantasy XIV

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Glad someone else started this topic.

Pre-ordered my collectors edition for sure.
also 11 is amazing so being a large improvement would be tough.

As for not being a wow killer - you sure? :d
US/EU/JP All on same servers
PC/PS3 all on same servers.

going to be awesome.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
is the PC version going to be dumbed down due to the fact console newbs are playing on the same servers?

will start having a look at it I guess :)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
They will force PC users to map out gamepad controls on our keyboard..

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Glad someone else started this topic.

Pre-ordered my collectors edition for sure.
also 11 is amazing so being a large improvement would be tough.

As for not being a wow killer - you sure? :d
US/EU/JP All on same servers
PC/PS3 all on same servers.

going to be awesome.

Still it has alot to compete with although some of the features in it do piss all over WoW in some respects.

Aada

Part of the furniture
The last one was awful, if you work then don't bother as you need to spend 9 hours a day of your life on it to progress.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Can't believe they're asking us to preorder already when they've barely shown us anything.

As a long time FF11 player, I'm not too impressed with 14. Will keep an eye on it.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Never making the mistake of pre ordering an MMO again tbh. Although I'll probably end up buying it as soon as someone says its good on release day on some forum :)

I think i registered for the beta a while ago actually. Has it started?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The last one was awful, if you work then don't bother as you need to spend 9 hours a day of your life on it to progress.

If you hate it, you know it's awesome.

Can't believe they're asking us to preorder already when they've barely shown us anything.

As a long time FF11 player, I'm not too impressed with 14. Will keep an eye on it.

I played a lot of 11 as well - what dont you like?

Never making the mistake of pre ordering an MMO again tbh. Although I'll probably end up buying it as soon as someone says its good on release day on some forum :)

I think i registered for the beta a while ago actually. Has it started?

Beta has started :) I'm playing it right now.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Will pre order nearer to time, waiting to see how the combat is. If its real time and faster paced as they promised im in for sure.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Will pre order nearer to time, waiting to see how the combat is. If its real time and faster paced as they promised im in for sure.

It's a lot faster than alpha, there are some E3 vids showing the new combat system.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I played a lot of 11 as well - what dont you like?

It just doesn't get me excited, at all. Also, I really doubt that the team has learned anything from their past mistakes...

ECA

I am a FH squatter
It just doesn't get me excited, at all. Also, I really doubt that the team has learned anything from their past mistakes...

Did you not see all the easy stuff in 11 they added that took < 30 mins to do? Nyzul, FOV, etc etc? They learnt a lot from 11 and it's mostly the same dev team.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Doubt ill be getting it as FFXIII nearly put me into a coma..

watch 5 min cut scene, walk in straight line, have a fight, walk in straight line, watch 5 min cut scene....flatline.......

got to chap 8 or so then traded it in for Alan Wake which i enjoyed a LOT more.

oh I fail, its an mmo haha. still wont bother though :)

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Did you not see all the easy stuff in 11 they added that took < 30 mins to do? Nyzul, FOV, etc etc? They learnt a lot from 11 and it's mostly the same dev team.

Nyzul was still a bullshit grind with crap drop rates.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Previous FF online was just bad, I'll wait before trying this one

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Must play a Taru Taru (or Lalafell as they are called now), armory system certainly sounds interesting being able to switch to things by simply equipping a different weapon.

Syri

FH is my second home
Pretty sure I'll be picking it up at some point, looks like they've gone for a slightly better control system this time, from the videos i've seen, seems more like the traditional MMO quickbar, instead of all the menus to get to the spells to use. Graphics look absolutely superb, and if they can manage interesting and engaging gameplay on top of that, I think they'll have a winner. Doubt it'll match WoW's subscription numbers, but I think it'll be a good success in it's own right.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Never making the mistake of pre ordering an MMO again tbh.

This pretty much hits the nail on the head.

What is it, one in forty, one in fifty MMOs get close to delivering what they promised? Possibly even fewer. Even the ones with tip top intellectual properties and a no-fail premise have fecked up down the years.

Beta is now where a game succeeds or dies, I wouldn't even consider pre-ordering now without excellent open beta feedback.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH

What is it, one in forty, one in fifty MMOs get close to delivering what they promised? Possibly even fewer. Even the ones with tip top intellectual properties and a no-fail premise have fecked up down the years.

Beta is now where a game succeeds or dies, I wouldn't even consider pre-ordering now without excellent open beta feedback.

Probably less. I generally put it down to lack of developer tallent really. I mean you look at concepts like Warhammer or Lord of the Rings. You would think with a really good dev team it would be really hard not to make a decent MMO as everything is already there - background story, basic world rules, races ect. Any yet they still manage to make it a grind with a very limited lifespan and appeal. Warhammer for example was DAoC with some bells and whistles, but missing a realm.

The problem with FF is that the formla for the last online one was written by monkeys with typewriters and their wasn't a lot a western audience could get to grips with in the final product. Square hasn't put any concerted effort has been put in to the recent standard console games to make them open world and free flowing, so there is no real background to leech ideas off for a MMO, so without a really talented team full of new, exciting and more imporantly orginal ideas, it will just be another failed MMO.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Even if a final fantasy mmo(working) would be fun as hell, i think EVE and WoW will suffice to my MMO needs. They just do things better and everything works(more or less :p).

Fallout mmo, fingers crossed, could be my personal MMO choice of the future.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Even if a final fantasy mmo(working) would be fun as hell, i think EVE and WoW will suffice to my MMO needs. They just do things better and everything works(more or less :p).

Fallout mmo, fingers crossed, could be my personal MMO choice of the future.

Aye, its quite plainly obvious the new FF won't beat WoW blizzard pretty much broke the mold, short of copying WoW to a 99% likeness they couldnt match it but I still think the new FF will be fun and a nice change of scenery :) as for EVE i've tried it 2-3 times now and just couldnt get into it sadly.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Aye, its quite plainly obvious the new FF won't beat WoW blizzard pretty much broke the mold, short of copying WoW to a 99% likeness they couldnt match it but I still think the new FF will be fun and a nice change of scenery :) as for EVE i've tried it 2-3 times now and just couldnt get into it sadly.

Yeah i can't play EVE for years on end either, it's more like some light space entertainment until something better comes along.

Otherwise WoW njust has everything a MMO needs, albeit in a bit of an easy mode, but there's still some fun to be had.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
by end of 2011 Wow will have lost its grip due to a mix of things including age/boredom and new mmos like SWTOR. If SWTOR doesnt desthrone wow tho with its combination of top company and established franchise then nothing will.

Aada

Part of the furniture

So fucking true I wouldn't preorder another mmo since Age of Conan tbh with the exception of WoW which is a decent MMO anything that has come after it has just been completely terrible.

Aada

Part of the furniture
by end of 2011 Wow will have lost its grip due to a mix of things including age/boredom and new mmos like SWTOR. If SWTOR doesnt desthrone wow tho with its combination of top company and established franchise then nothing will.

People said that about WoW 4 years ago lol WoW will be around and be the top dog for many years to come if they keep releasing their huge content patches and expansion packs.

What will it take to beat WoW? An absolute huge content filled game at launch I'm talking a game brimming with content many many dungeons, a crafting system that works at launch and a working PvP system at launch.

People will just not accept a game that is broken at launch anymore it was acceptable before WoW game a long but since then we have seen games destroyed because of broken promise and contentless launch.

Unless Starwars has all of the above then it will fail no matter who is developing it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Have to agree with Aada on this one, WoW appeals to many people on alot of different levels + it has a monsterous player base it'll be around for a good 10-15+ years (look at everquest thats still going strong with 300-500k players and thats what? 11-13 years old?) and 300-500k players is more than enough to keep a game afloat let alone the 13,xxx,xxx WoW has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom