Final Fantasy XI... or IX.... or.... Urr.... I'm Confused.

A

Archeon

Taken From Here
Thousands of players can play FINAL FANTASY XI simultaneously. Its virtual space is made up of several different Worlds. As a rule, characters must remain in the world in which they were created.

How do you play in the same world with your friends?
Within each world, there are NPCs who issue a string of numbers called World Passes. Giving a World Pass to a friend will let that person create a character in the same world as you.

How It's Done:
Obtain a World Pass.
Give your friend the World Pass and the name of the world your character is in.
When your friend creates a new character, have him or her enter the name of the world where your character resides.
Have your friend enter the World Pass. He or she is now free to create a new character in the same world as you!

Correct me if i'm mistaken... but if i'm looking at it correctly then it means that.. in order for me to play FFIX(XI?), i'l need to find some... whats that word... friends?...

Anyway, i'l need to find some of these friend things. Then give said friends a world pass... and...... you know its a shame. I noticed this while searching for somthing to blow 20 odd quid on and i was all interested right up until this bit.

Maybe i'm just reading it wrong?

Help!

S

Sharma

Well not quite, you can create a char delete it and keep doing that until you are assigned your desired server. :)

J

Jonaldo

Or wait for something better to come out :p

Horizons in December :D

/me pokes Sharma
:touch:

A

Archeon

Originally posted by Jonaldo
Horizons in December :D

I'm not too hopfull about that, i know a couple of people who are in the Beta (they'd left DAoC), and they were very un-impressed. So unimpressed infact that they decided to come back to DAoC :D

N

-Nxs-

FFXI will be here for a while now - i really think its going to pull some players back from DAOC, ok so we said this about SWG but SWG was actualy really crap - at least FFXI stands a chance with much better gameplay :)

As for starting - Try to get on a server called Bismarck - thats where the vast majority of euro players are heading. Just create your character and see what server its on, if its not Bismarck then delete and reroll, some people can get on the server ina bout 10 mins, otheres have taken over an hour. The alternative here is for someone already on Bismarck to buy a "WorldPass" they get this from a NPC merchant in game, its just a passcode that you key in on character creation to join Bismarck.

It really is a good game :) well worth looking at.

A

Addlcove

that whole worldpass idea seems pretty stupid to me... why not let people choose their servers?

J

Jonaldo

Not seen a good review of FFXI yet, just lots of fanbois says "yeah it's wicked, it's great, the graphics are this and that, big swords!" etc..

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by Addlcove
that whole worldpass idea seems pretty stupid to me... why not let people choose their servers?

the advantage is that there's no uber populated servers, and a few deserted ones tho...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom