Final Fantasy XI and XIV

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I havent even tried it yet Aada :p waiting for my in-game item first because its 1 of a kind and cant be passed to other characters so i want it before i start.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
I cant remember which server I used to play on, think it was Bismarck or Windhurst or something in a linkshell called Aurora i think. Had a level 60 White Mage / 30 Summoner but losing levels at that level made me quit. I don't think I'll be able to recover my account as I can't remember the details so I think I'll start anew. Going to try a red mage.

Just a quick question, I have the game + rise of the zilart expansion disks, do I have to rebuy these to make another account after the trial is over?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I havent even tried it yet Aada :p waiting for my in-game item first because its 1 of a kind and cant be passed to other characters so i want it before i start.

That stuff is normally pretty freakin instant, you sure you dont have to pick it up somewhere?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
That stuff is normally pretty freakin instant, you sure you dont have to pick it up somewhere?

I get it from a Festive Moogle apparently but it just keeps saying "I have nothing for you" read around the official forums there are a lot of people having problems with the Destrier Beret :/ just woke up anyway i'll login and check if its there yet.

edit: nope still not there

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Just a quick question, I have the game + rise of the zilart expansion disks, do I have to rebuy these to make another account after the trial is over?

Depends if there are CD-keys on them that you used on the previous account, if there are then yes you would need to buy them all over again.

Or just buy them on Steam anyway and get the files from there. Probably faster then downloading from squeenix....

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
got mine from steam :p still a 10 hour download to update it all xD

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Well I've updated from the trial, took 10 hours roughly to do it. Think I'll try the trial first and if I want to continue I'll buy from steam, only £11 with their summer deal offer. What servers are people playing on?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'm on Fenrir when I start playing, not sure about ECA :p Chosen thinks he's on Fenrir aswell.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Ok I'm online now name is Bigmack. The trial limitations suck abit, cant even make macros for one, probably to stop gold selling bots I suppose.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Just that they won't use the ingame macro system. :)

I can probably make my G15 do a text spam macro if i really wanted to...

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Playing this again brings back memories, such as hating goblins for their bomb toss ability. :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
anyway! that aside when I do get my Destrier Beret what do these quest givers look like ECA? I found a red book near a home point and a guard by a gate I can geta signet buff from, is that the npc that also gives the quests?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Check the wiki i linked for field of valor, it'll show you where the npcs are in each zone.

- Yes it's a floating book called a field manual.

Last edited:

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Anyone know what places people go to group exp at low levels? (lvl 13 onwards)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
meh starting to get sick of waiting for this fucking hat :p think i'll just start without it.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Hmm is Fenrirs population low as I haven't seen many people about. Went to the group exp place for my level and its deserted too. :/

Aada

Part of the furniture
Heh face facts your playing one of the oldest mmo's the people playing right now are mostly very high level, you can be sure you probably won't start seeing people until lvl 30 at least in mob camps.

I played the game back in 2010 had a itch like you guys and the place was deserted and as i quickly found the only people playing were the vets that had been there mostly since it was born.

The only good thing was the community which i saw was very helpful and they give away gil to new players like it's nothing so you can buy a decent set of weapon/armour off the AH.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It's not so bad, the only 2 things I've found so far that I absolutely hate is PlayOnline and the UI for FFXI, no idea what they were thinking when they made PlayOnline and the UI :p must have been on fucking acid or something.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Remember they were both designed for "ease of use" for PS2 players.

( Playonline is fucking awful though ). It was meant to be SEs "steam" if it was successful :p

They have thankfully ditched it since.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Do keep in mind that you're playing with japanese/american/french/german/etc on the same servers, and try the autotranslate tool, it's a thing of fucking genius.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Aye I must admit i'm surprised other mmo's havent tried the autotranslate tool yet :p

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Going to buy it from steam just because of the price reduction but I am pissed off with this:

If you purchased the game from Steam:
You will need to uninstall the trial version first as Steam uses its own client to install the game. Go to “Control Panel”, “Programs”, “Uninstall a Program” and remove any FINAL FANTASY® XI-related content as well as the PlayOnline viewer from the drop-down list before proceeding with the Steam installation.

Upon completing the installation, simply log in to your Square Enix account, select “Select service” and then choose FINAL FANTASY® XI. Under “Active service accounts”, click on “Transfer to regular service” and enter the registration code provided with your purchase.

So another 10 hours of installing to do ffs. They should make it like WoW and patch all the files through the launcher after registering the codes instead of this bollocks. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom