Final Fantasy: Crystal chronicles, anyone got it yet ?

jakob

Fledgling Freddie
Saw the game of the local software dealer today, and I was really tempted to buy it. But really can't afford it, so I had to leave it at the store :<

anyone that got it yet and can say if its any good ?

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Hmmm, i could actually get this tomorrow, for £80*.

*Includes a free GC and Link cable. :>

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Crystal Chronicles seriously is the first FF ive turned my nose up at, really doesnt look good to me at all, might be a good party game but i can say for one, i despise party games. :(

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Gonna reserve judgement til i get it, which should be tomorrow morning. By all accounts it's more of a multiplayer game than a party game, and that part of it sounds excellent, dungeon crawling and helping each other.

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
I'm holding off until someone can tell me whether you do need 4 GBAs for multiplayer on the Pal version. If so I'll get it but I need to pick up 2 more gbas before hand.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Scooba da Bass said:
I'm holding off until someone can tell me whether you do need 4 GBAs for multiplayer on the Pal version. If so I'll get it but I need to pick up 2 more gbas before hand.

According to edge yes. They say its the most gorgeous FF ever but the need for 4 GC and 4 Gba and 4 copies of the game make the MP aspect nigh on impossible. Also made worse by the fact that you cant just resume a save game from a multiplayer session as you WILL need your friends to help out as i think the game still considers the fact that you still have a 4 strong party of insane geeks.

5/10 they gave it for that very reason.

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
You need 4 copies of the game?

I thought you just plugged the GBAs into the controller port and played off the single disc?

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Multiplayer game play requires up to four GBA's and up to four GBA link cables.

That's what it says on the mailer i received, which gives me a free FF:CC with a GC purchase.

I severely doubt you need four copies of the game, this isn't 1996 y'know.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
You do. It's one GC, one game and 4 GBAs (if you want to play 4 player). It's perfectly possible to play anything from 1 to 4 player.

I don't pay attention to a word Egde writes any more, they climbed into their own arses some time ago and have failed to return. 'Edge thinks this that or the other'. Gimme a break.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Me bad, im usually half asleep when im in my bath... Pile of edge magazines in there too. Anyways, i just reread it and yes, it would seem that you do also need to have your friends move in for a couple of weeks if you wish to continue the savegame where you left off as explained earlier.

I get edge mainly for redeye and (admittedly arrogant) well written articles, not for the reviews but it does seem a mojor stumbling block for a game to recquire that much tomfoolery. In SP its not too good.

I also guarantee myself its not PSO beater but id love to hear how you all get on with it.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Just got it, rather groovy box and free cable can't be bad. I'll go play for an hour or two and give first impressions.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Well, first impressions are good. Been playing single player and fought 2 bosses so far. The intro song is the best since Soul Edge, and the graphics are really good.

For some reason though I had an old 3rd-party memory card in slot B, guess what just happened to my save. (hint: the same fking thing that happens to every 3rd-party memory card).

Mate coming over later so we'll give the GBA multiplayer game a bash.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Going to pick this up tomorrow I think. Left my £5 voucher at home, so I may as well use it. Mate of mine has 2 GBAs, as do I. So I think next weekend may be a 4 strong multiplayer event type thing :)

oldman

Fledgling Freddie
sad old man only plays in single player but i have to admit it looks great, sound good,plays well after a couple of hours of play,but it could be a bit booring if it carrys on as just a hack and slasher.

Bym

One of Freddy's beloved
Just got it, started playing it 2-player - looks good so far and plays well, until we start arguing over items/artifacts/gil/crappy healing, etc that is ;)

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
i like this game :> made one of them lil guys with a bucket on his head :> only prob with it is its bit expensive :/ cos its about 300£ just to play 4player :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom