Final Fantasy 15 to be the last one made?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Someone said this to me earlier and I can't find anything official, was basically told that it would be the last Final Fantasy ever made... can't see it being true myself, if Square gave up FF they wouldn't have anything else really.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's run its course tbh. Would like to see them work on a new IP.

Aada

Part of the furniture
This series props up everything else they do.

I personally like playing the new FF every time a new one is released I would miss the series.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It's run its course tbh. Would like to see them work on a new IP.

Final Fantasy will never run its course really, it's a sad day if they do decide to give it up because were it not for Final Fantasy Square wouldn't even exist, the series only started getting worse when they became Square Enix, series took a noticeable nose dive then.

If they just got rid of Enix and went back to their roots the series would likely pick up again.

This series props up everything else they do.

I personally like playing the new FF every time a new one is released I would miss the series.

Yea exactly, they have Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts - all they really have that people can relate to/know, if they dropped Final Fantasy entirely they would either have to come up with a perfect new IP or I can't see Square ever been looked upon in the same light again.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I don't think it matters what they call a game, they could start something new that doesn't need to include all the classic FF stuff in it. There are only so many Shivas I want to see!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I don't think it matters what they call a game, they could start something new that doesn't need to include all the classic FF stuff in it. There are only so many Shivas I want to see!

Tss :p Final Fantasy is awesome man, they clicked onto a great idea by calling the game the same name every single time but giving it a different story but references to earlier games... was a great idea.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Your friend is billy bullshitting, the FF series is probably their biggest money maker. Hell if they wanted a shit load of money all they have to do is remake all the FFs again on the next gen consoles. If they remade no 7 and 10 on a next gen console I would end up buying it, even though I still think £300+ is too much for a console.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Your friend is billy bullshitting, the FF series is probably their biggest money maker. Hell if they wanted a shit load of money all they have to do is remake all the FFs again on the next gen consoles. If they remade no 7 and 10 on a next gen console I would end up buying it, even though I still think £300+ is too much for a console.

I didn't think they'd stop making them, just wasn't 100% sure. As for a VII remake if its going to happen it'll be on the PS4 or not at all, can't see them doing it when the PS5 comes out in what? 6-10 years told - they would sell loads, if they made it PS4 exclusive they could strike a deal up with Sony aswell because I guarantee people would buy PS4 solely for a FFVII remake which would net Sony a fair old number - being how they are tho I doubt a FF game will ever be PS4 exclusive again, 15 was meant to be exclusive to Playstation at first but it seems its wiggled its way onto Xbox aswell.

My money is on FFVII remake for the 20th Anniversary of its release which will be 3-4 years from now.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
They have already said a FF7 remake may not happen as the work required will be up to 3 times as much as they did for FF13. Still hoping they do though as they still seem to be referencing FF7 in their new games:

Last edited:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
They have already said a FF7 remake may not happen as the work required will be up to 3 times as much as they did for FF13. Still hoping they do though as they still seem to be referencing FF7 in their new games:

Nah, they never said it would never happen what they said was something along these lines

We will not remake Final Fantasy VII until one of the newer Final Fantasy games surpasses Final Fantasy VII in terms of quality - so they never ruled it out BUT given how the newer FF games are made that will never happen and I'll tell you why :p

1. They've abandoned world maps, world maps played such a huge part of previous FF games, they gave you the freedom to roam where you wanted rather than being pigeon holed into going set paths (corridors) through X zones, I think 10 and 12 were the last 2 Final Fantasy games that got away with not having a dedicated world map but they pulled it off very well as there was a lot of side stuff you could do that took you back to older areas (which at the time weren't as bad as the newer games corridor wise)

2. Moved away the whole multi character thing, we haven't been able to control multiple characters since like.... FF12? and even then it was very automated via the Gambit system - controlling multiple characters was one of the hallmarks of any Final Fantasy game, taking it away was a huge mistake though I can see why they did take it away, it would be near impossible to control 3-4 characters with the new battle systems.

3. Story - We haven't had a good Final Fantasy storyline since FF9/FF10 (12's story wasn't bad but again it wasn't amazing either)

4. Moving away from the classic turn based system to a more action oriented system may have seemed good on paper but I think looking at it now it really hasn't been that successful, turn based is still looked upon by most FF fans as the only way to go (its just a shame Square doesn't listen to the fanbase) it was also the reason controlling multiple characters died out, had turn based systems still been in FF (and I wouldn't class 13 as a proper turn based system :p it was dreadful) we'd still be controlling multiple characters and having to think about our actions rather than relying on automated team mates to do X at X time.

5. Side quests/mini games - noticed they're also moving away from side quests and mini games, in 13 all you really had was the hunt system via those stones you'd find all over the place - if they completely remove the side stuff from FF they'd basically damage the franchise instantly, I can't even put into words how important side quests/games are in FF games (even if its just an optional boss or two or chocobo racing it gives people something to do rather than feel they have to crack on with the story because they have no choice left)

6. Greed - They've jumped on the DLC band wagon now, you will not see a complete FF game at release, they'll start gradually holding back all the optional stuff for DLC purchases like they did with 13-2 (Want to fight in a battle arena against special enemies? £4 for each enemy please!)

And those 6 reasons are why no new Final Fantasy will ever surpass VII in terms of quality

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Exactly. The series has gone to the dogs so should be put out of its misery. The PS4 FF15 looks OK from the short movies of it but will most probably be another linier borefest like the last few.

6, 7, 8 and 9 were the pinnacle, 10 the rot had started to set in and 11+ have all been pretty dreadful. Each one worse than the last.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yea 15 looks good but again could turn out shit, not holding my breath anyway but will buy it regardless :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
WTB more cutscenes of win tbh

Scene from Crisis Core on the PSP

Aada

Part of the furniture
I've enjoyed the last 2 games with Lightning, first game was the best.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I've enjoyed the last 2 games with Lightning, first game was the best.

I did and didn't, the battle system I thought was quite shit (especially the Stagger system and the fact you could poison every single hard enemy to death faster than you could damage them normally) story wasn't amazing either :p playable tho.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
13-2 was terrible, they turned the difficulty right down and you couldn't get the real ending without paying for lightnings dlc. Hell to get the same difficulty as 13 I had to do a no level up play through, which I never finished.

I hope they don't fuck the story up in 13-3 with this save the world shenanigans. It should be back to the core of 13 - saving Serah.

Last edited:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
13-2 was terrible, they turned the difficulty right down and you couldn't get the real ending without paying for lightnings dlc. Hell to get the same difficulty as 13 I had to do a no level up play through, which I never finished.

I hope they don't fuck the story up in 13-3 with this save the world shenanigans. It should be back to the core of 13 - saving Serah.

yea wasn't keen on 13-2 myself, I liked the whole pet battle system thing and that you could raise them in certain ways but again not being able to directly control that character slot was zzz, I think Lightning Returns has the same pet battle system aswell, sure i've seen in a demo or gameplay video she got a monster crystal when defeating a monster.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
As far as I know from all the gameplay videos I've seen you only control lightning but switch from 3 different costumes, which have different abilities. It wouldn't surprise me if they just copy and pasted the kill animations from the previous games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom