Final Fantasy 10 and 10-2 coming to PS3

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Apparently a march release, HD version, really looking forward to it, one of the better final fantasys imo

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Playing 13 again after playing through 8 again, you can see how far its gone down hill since Enix got their mucky hands on it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Playing 13 again after playing through 8 again, you can see how far its gone down hill since Enix got their mucky hands on it.

Aye, if they went back to the old formula, the one that made FF popular in the first place they'd make a fucking killing. I consider 12 the last great FF, not many people liked 12 due to the combat system but it had everything that made FF great

-Lots of areas to explore
-Lots of boss/unique monster battles
-Decent story
-Loads of side missions etc to do
-Loads of hidden items to unlock
-Combat system (again - wasn't for everyone but they delivered on it well despite not being able to control multiple characters at once)

The cons that 12 had were pretty obvious

-No real leading character role, wasn't a massive con but I prefer to have 1-2 main characters to center the story around (worked great for Cloud, Squall/Laguna, Tidus/Yuna)
-How summons worked was quite weak
-Once you get the perfect item/gambit setup you were pretty much unstoppable and most of the fun would instantly be sucked out of the game
-Magic spells (excluding heals/support magic) was weak vs stronger enemies, especially when you could potentially melee for 9999-50,000 while magic would do a max of 9999 with no option for multiple hits

These days Final Fantasy games are basically long corridors that it forces you down, barely any exploration (13 had some brief exploration when you got to that wide open area on gran pulse but nothing major)

I think how the series is going now is the genuine reason they won't remake Final Fantasy VII, because they know it'll be shit if they remake it with current standards.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
I think they will eventually remake it, they would be stupid not to. I think they are just trying to find the right combat system. I'm pretty sure they mentioned they wanted a combat system that would be similar to the advent children film. Lightning Returns FF13 brings a kind of button mashing and FF15 from what I've seen looks interesting.

FF12 was boring, set right tactics up and just auto pilot through the game, zzzz.

Last edited:

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
If anything they won't remake VII cause it'll outsell all their recent attempts :p Will just prove how much they've lost touch.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
After 8 and 9 I didn't think they could top FF7. Then they bought out FFX and I knew greatness. My main save had 220+ hours and still not 100% completed. X-2 was a massive pile of wank. Haven't played XI, XII or XIII. Though I must say, Knights of the round in HD would be incredible!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Pre-Ordered on Amazon £24. Bargain.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah I thought about it but I doubt I would ever look at the extras, an artwork book, some poster things and a soundtrack.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
I might buy this for the Vita. Looks good from the videos I've seen.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I don't play consoles, PC masterrace and all that, but FFX(-2) is worth a console even for me.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
I really hope they give the option for the old soundtracks to be played instead of the remastered versions as some sound worse than the originals. Challenge for example:

Original

Remastered

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So is it out yet? and if so whats the verdict? seen streams of it being played but stream qualities wouldn't do it justice.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
21st March it is out in the UK.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Booked Friday off, Amazon have promised it will be in my sweaty little hands then.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I thought it was out on the 28th? Has it been moved forward a week? :D

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Had to panic check ! But no, definitely the 21st :)

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Had to panic check ! But no, definitely the 21st :)
Bah, I really can't justify a game per week for three weeks running :p Still haven't got close to finishing South Park or Dark Souls!

leggy

Probably Scottish
Haven't started South Park and this arrives on Friday.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Haven't started South Park and this arrives on Friday.
I've been putting it off a bit, partly because of Dark Souls and partly because I've heard it's quite short even if you do everything in the game. 15 hours or so doing all the side quests, and I'm 10 hours in, I'm trying to pad it out a bit :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Been playing it most of the day. They have done a fantastic job polishing it up. Only ever played it through once, 10 years ago. Its like a brand new final fantasy but rather than crap like the last few it is truly excellent.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Been playing it most of the day. They have done a fantastic job polishing it up. Only ever played it through once, 10 years ago. Its like a brand new final fantasy but rather than crap like the last few it is truly excellent.

Stahp, making me want a PS3 now to play it lol.

leggy

Probably Scottish
My controller is dead so in about 20 mins I'll be playing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom