Films to Rent This Week

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Hi Guys :D

Just a quick one, what film do you reccomend I rent this week? I like anything apart from birds films and horror! Cheers :D

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
I know a bunch of great movies you can rent!

One flew over the cuckoos nest!
The Birds! Wait that's a horror, and it has birds
The Birdcage!

I give up :(

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Underworld is popular this week(don't know why tbh).

Ned Kelly I fancy(the film ffs :eek: ).

DO NOT RENT SIN EATER!!!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Lawrence of Arabia.

Better still buy it you cheap fucker :eek:

;)

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
throdgrain said:
I rented Tomb Raider 2, and its shit :(

LOL I will kep away from that then :) tbh I didnt see the first one as I think the games are pants :)

Damini

Part of the furniture
Animal House is poo, avoid that (no idea how it got in the charts, the only commendable part of it is the stellar casting of Mickey Rourke as a lady man convict). Wrong Turn is a good killer/horror type film, but if you hate horror then that's no good. My surprise rental of goodness was a brit film called Pure, which has an astounding cast and some amazing kid actors in it. It's all about the effect heroin has on a small estate, and specifically on this young Cockney kid. Kiera Knightly doesn't make the most convincing cockney lass, but the rest of it was really good.

Trem

FS!! It was Mickey Rourke wasn't it, I couldn't figure out who the tranny was in Animal House.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Animal FACTORY ffs.

Animal house is a class film. Factory on the other hand was the most boring film event since k-19 the widowmaker.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Films to rent imo (recent ones that is):

Whale Rider
Buffalo Soldiers (if you haven't seen it)
Old School (should be shit but is actually funny)
Veronica Guerin (Blanchet is as good as ever)
Second hand lions (looks good but haven't seen it)
Belleville Rendez-vous (Animated) (looks wierd but good)

Wrong turn i'm not too sure of tbh. I'll probably rent it anyway.

Stay away from:

Underworld
The In-Laws (ABYSMAL!)
And probably most of the other new release shit.

Beck

Fledgling Freddie
Tomb raider 2 was a bit pants.. but my hairdresser was in it for the 1st 10 minutes as one of the greek boat owners who gets his throat cut ;)

Just bought animal house the other wek.. hadnt seen it in about 10 years, wasnt as funny as I remembered but still has its moments. :)

Just bought a few more movies to watch this weekend...

Deer Hunter (havnt seen it yet but its one of those films that all men should see I have been told.. fits in the category of Deliverance where at some point it will come up in conversation down the pub)

saving private ryan (never watched it all the way through.. but remembered that the 1st 30 minutes is quite entertaining)

first blood (the best of te rambo movies imo.. seen it a few times but always enjoy it)

Once upon a time in mexico (havnt seen it yet.. and tbh havnt seen the other 2 films either.. not sure if this can be watched as a stand alone film or not but will give it a try)

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Deer Hunter & Saving private Ryan are both class movies so is Animal House :)

Beck if you havent seen Band of Brothers yet then PLEASE get them and watch them. They are mini series in the mould of SPR and they are ACE! :)

Trem

I found Band Of Brothers, well, erm, shite.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Darthshearer said:
Warn the tape out im afraid. Great cartoon :) Unless there are any other versions I dont know of!

LMFAO bless the innocent children! :)

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Children Children I tell you im nearly old enough to buy cigs vote!

Beck

Fledgling Freddie
Ok I watched Deer Hunter last night.. I was a bit pished but still. I wasnt too impressed...

It seemed to spend way too long at the pre-nam stage.. wedding etc although I see the relevance of the hunting. Then suddenly we see Mike (deniro) waking up in nam and a con is wiping out the local villages.. he smokes the fool with his handy flame thrower then Nick (Walken) walks up and says 'hey mike!' and Mike doesnt really know whats happening.

From this I presumed he had been out in battle for a while and Nick and co possibly thought he was dead and Mike was a bit messed up from it.

Anyway.. suddenly we see the 3 friends all in a pit.. captured by the con while ppl around em are playing russian roullette. Hmm, ok.. Ill let my imagination decide how they were all caught, its no biggie.

I liked the roulette scene especially when Mike started shooting. Anyway they all escape and get seperated.

Back in Saigon.. Nick is a bit messed up and cant remember his parents DOB.. he then sets off on his new career as a russian rouletee expert with that french bloke. I realise that he and deniro figured out a trick to it but I dont think that trick works every time! But still.. I think Nick was loosing it and anyone who would take him in he was gunna go with.

Mike goes home and gets with the girl who he loves who actually loves Nick.. We see Mike a bit messed up on the hunt. Steves wife seems very messed up in bed when Mike goes to visit?? Is this just because Steve had his legs amputated and his also messed up? It didnt really explain this much.

Mike goes back to Siagon looking for Nick.. this was quite good.. Nick is really messed up and can harldy remember Mike.. they play each other at RR and Nick starts to remember as they 'click' at each others heads... Nick blows his own head off.. again quite emotional and good.

Mike then goes home and they bury Nick and the end.

Anyway.. I can appreciate the emotions and story of these friends having to goto war and the effects of that. The whole thing just seemed slow to me and not really that great.. I would say it wasnt too bad but I can see that alot of ppl would not like it at all. Unless Im missing something?

Hmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom