Films I have recently watched that are rubbish

Damini

Part of the furniture
CROW: something or other, with Tara Reid, Edward Furlong, and David Borneaz. Legend has it, that sometimes, when an actors career dies, or when a film franchise finishes its natural run, a crow digs the corpse out of the ground with its beak, and for some reason best left unexplored, reanimates the atrophying body with a pale mimicry of life. Good heavens, this was a bad film, but is one of those rare creatures that is so bad that it is almost highly enjoyable. So that's what happened to Tank from the Matrix! So this is what David Borneaz is doing now he's no longer playing angel! So that's how Tara finances her raging cocaine addiction! Edward Furlong, when transformed into the Crow, somehow managed to skip straight past the tortured look of a man from the grave, and managed to morph into a disgruntled lesbian. Specifically, Shane from the L Word. It's quite magical. Look out for a magnificent cameo from Dennis "They took away my medication" Hopper playing a hip gangstsa pimp daddy. Wonder at Tara Reid's vast array of facial expressions that simulteneously convey "Is what we are doing wrong?", "I think something just burst in my brain", and "I don't know what I am doing here". Gasp at a script so chunky that they are using parts of it as bricks to rebuild homes after the Tsunami. Sheer genius.

Ladder 49 - It has fire. And men's men. And testosterone induced bouts of bonding. It is also told entirely in bile inducing flashback, and has a scene at the end of the film that I shan't spoil, just in case some of you like dull, cheesy, cliched bilge designed purely for an american market, but should you get to the final scene and have also seen Baseketball, then try this. Watch, and think back on the bit in Baseketball where he's driving along, and an obscenely relevent song comes on the radio. And then try not to giggle. And then realise you paid money to rent it, and cry a little inside.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Anything with Sandra Bullock...

Trancor

Fledgling Freddie
'The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy' can't believe I paid money to watch the soul be ripped from the book and tv series.

Chilly

Balls of steel
XXX:State of the union

I thought it might be cool because it had Ice Cube in it, but oh was I wrong. It's a pile of shit. Utter shit, it's the MTV version of "hip hop cool" blended with spies and CIA-style all american plots....waste of time

Dommers

Fledgling Freddie
Land of the Dead: Bang bang shoot dead bang bang shoot dead "scare" bang bang shoot dead "scare"

mank!

Part of the furniture
I Know Where I'm Going, some b&w flick from 1945 that I had to watch in film. It was truly terrible. Generally films try to generate empathy for the main character, especially when she's in such a predicament but everyone fucking hated her.

it was crap.

djpringle

Pork Smuggler
The US remake of Dark Water, please stop remaking Japanese films :(
xXx2
Torque
In fact anything with Ice Cube in it

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Tom said:
WTF tbh?

Anyhow, Mr and Mrs Smith is dire.

Saved by Angelina Jolie in rubber bondage gear. And its got Vince Vaughn in it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Wij said:
Keep preachin', I'm a-listening :)

Only film where I've left the cinema actually angry at the breathtaking levels of shiteness.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
All three Lord of the Rings films. They should remarket them as sedatives.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
The Day After Tomorrow

I was really dissapointed they didn't manage to sing the american national anthem for all the symbology they were cramming in. or at least hum it. humming isn't that hard really.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Bodhi said:

Eh? You dislike the LOTR trilogy but enjoy the Matrix trilogy? Such a waste of an education.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
The great thing about movies is, they're subjective :)

I love Starship Troopers but many of me friends don't, it's just one of those things.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
FuzzyLogic said:
The great thing about movies is, they're subjective :).

I guess this is true. Most people raved about the recent 'Batman Begins' film, but I thought it was awful.

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
Equilibrium, I left the cinema 15 mins after the start.

I rented some film about girls from the hood cleaning a building, cant remember the title. I think I saw 5 mins of that one.

Hero is pretty crap. Especially when you consider the house of flying daggers was so good.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
djpringle said:
The US remake of Dark Water, please stop remaking Japanese films :(
xXx2
Torque
In fact anything with Ice Cube in it

Ring remake was SO fucking bad, yes please stop ripping off jp horror films.
Hope they don't remake Audition :/

ECA

I am a FH squatter
both matrix and LOTR trilogies are steaming piles of turd, first matrix film was good, the rest bad.

Equilibrium was alright actually "1984 vs The Matrix" pretty much.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
SawTooTH said:
Hero is pretty crap. Especially when you consider the house of flying daggers was so good.

I was uninpressed by both of those. Atlhough i did fall asleep during flying daggers as i was on my third international flight in 2 days and hadn't had more than 5 hours sleep in 3 days at that point.

I got the feeling with both films, that... Yes, they were exceptionally pretty to look at, but the storylines were total gash and the characterisations were just not there.

Personally the only film i've ever walked out on was Father of the Bride (the steve martin remake) which goes to show, never let the chicks choose ;)

I've not seen the 3rd Matrix movie, the Second one was such a cinematic travesty i wasn't giving them a penny more.

Damini

Part of the furniture
Oh, oh, Ring Two - american remake. So chronically bad it made me bleed into my eyes.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Bodhi said:

But you like Matrix Revolutions ?

Films are not subjective. My opinion is TEH TRUTH !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom