Film to watch - Amelie

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
Ok, so it's a french film with subtitles, but it's really quite good. If your looking for something that you and the gf can watch together, this is a classic, since you'll enjoy it too.

Dunno why I enjoyed it, the story was quite good, but I think it was just the filming of it, the colours, the uniqueness.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I completely agree. It was a superb film and is one of my most favourite films!
It has an Alley McBeal feel to it but is far superior.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Oh come on, its nothing like Ally McBeal. For one thing, Amelie is quite happy to be on her own. She doesn't feel the need to be politically correct, and shes a damn sight prettier than that stick insect.

Although I agree it is a superb film, definitely in my top ten.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Superb film.

I'm still intent on making the wife sit down one day and watch it - she hates films with subtitles.

:)

Xmi

Fledgling Freddie
My brother recommended this one, forgot all about it until I saw it here again, guess I should sit down and watch it now...

Cheers for the prompt !! :clap:

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Tom said:
Oh come on, its nothing like Ally McBeal. For one thing, Amelie is quite happy to be on her own. She doesn't feel the need to be politically correct, and shes a damn sight prettier than that stick insect.

Although I agree it is a superb film, definitely in my top ten.

I completely agree with you there but I was meaning more on the lines of the way you see her imagination/thoughts visually...like in Scrubs.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
I saw it twice at the cinema I liked it that much! :D

It's in my top three. Brilliant film. Was slightly disapointed in Belleville rendez vous but still was kinda cool.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
I only saw a bit of Amelie, but I'd like to see it again all the way through, same humour as Delicatessen.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
xane said:
I only saw a bit of Amelie, but I'd like to see it again all the way through, same humour as Delicatessen.
Same Director too iirc

mookie

One of Freddy's beloved
Sar said:
Superb film.

I'm still intent on making the wife sit down one day and watch it - she hates films with subtitles.

:)
heh, what is it with girls and subtitles?, my missus wont watch either run lola run or hard boiled, purely for the fact that theyre subbed. she's missing out on so much :)

Second

Fledgling Freddie
Lovely movie. Audrey Tautou is very, very cute too. Got the poster hanging on a wall in my apartment too. Rating: 5/5

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Do a google images search for Amelie 1024 to find some nice desktop wallpapers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom