fill in my survey, bitches!!!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
no, seriously...I'd be greatly pleased if any code monkeys amongst you would take the time to help me out by filling in my survey.

it's mostly geared towards developers, but anyone in IT who works with code projects et all should be within the scope. primarily the questions are biased towards Continuous Integration but you don't have to use that method.

help a brother out, and I *might* reward you with pictures of Deebs in compromising positions that Chilly and I took last time we were all together.

Also...any question type feedback (cough DaGaffer cough) is greatly appreciated!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1qVIIQ8kGwyMLJoPJk7m2Aypoa-b0of5maeGNyApHdgk/viewform

Thanks, TdC

Chilly

Balls of steel
I'm going to pick dutch and then see how well I can answer the questions :D

Chilly

Balls of steel
And what the hell does this mean?

• Primarily the development of System Software
  • Primarily the development of Programming Software
  • Primarily the development of Application Software

TdC

you don't know?

*boggle*

TdC

also...you didn't really pick Dutch then, wuss :D

Chilly

Balls of steel
and lol. once you've finished in english it goes to dutch. This questionnaire is fail :p

TdC

and lol. once you've finished in english it goes to dutch. This questionnaire is fail :p

this is exactly what we're looking for! thanks dude!

TdC

aaaaand fixed, cheers Chillbacon :D

rynnor

Rockhound
Done - happy to provide even more expanded comments if you like :)

TdC

Cheers Ryn, you're a star :D

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I opened it and had no idea what it was about so closed it. I can answer randomly if you like?!

TdC

if you have no clue, then don't answer it :)

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
yeah sorry I tried to look at it since I got help but I didn't understand the topic so I couldn't fill it :(

TdC

don't worry about it :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Hiya, went through it to test the format (so ignore the answers from your results - I did the survey about 10 minutes ago). Methodology is fine except for one trivial thing; in the question "Continuous Integration can mean (a combination of) several things. *", you shouldn't be able to click the last answer and any of the others (since its effectively "all of the above"), but I'm guessing Google's form design is flexible enough to deal with it, so if anyone clicks from options 1,2,3 and 4, ignore 1,2,3.

TdC

Cheers Mr Gaff! Yeah, there are a few things in the survey generator that are surprisingly good, and some things that aren't. I know there may be a way to script around that particular issue (the Google does expose certain features) we simply don't have the time to actually work that stuff out in addition to everything else we have to do (they just sprang an extra essay on us for example....so that's one fully coded up product, a research paper, a presentation, a 2 hour workshop based on our research paper and a written exam in the six classes we have left woo!)

by the way...did you submit the form? my google drive has been dicking about all day and the results are not displaying :(

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I looked at filling in the questionnaire but I think scientific programming is so different from what you would consider programming that the input wouldn't help.

Chilly

Balls of steel
I looked at filling in the questionnaire but I think scientific programming is so different from what you would consider programming that the input wouldn't help.
yeah cos you're all a bunch of cowboys who edit code live in vim ;)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
yeah cos you're all a bunch of cowboys who edit code live in vim ;)

That's surprisingly accurate.

Also, 40 new versions of our code were released today. The latest version is called: 17.2.7.5.15-atlasphysics-x86_64

TdC

Wel Cadelin, in that case I'd say you're totally welcome to fill in my survey. We welcome your insights :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Cheers Mr Gaff! Yeah, there are a few things in the survey generator that are surprisingly good, and some things that aren't. I know there may be a way to script around that particular issue (the Google does expose certain features) we simply don't have the time to actually work that stuff out in addition to everything else we have to do (they just sprang an extra essay on us for example....so that's one fully coded up product, a research paper, a presentation, a 2 hour workshop based on our research paper and a written exam in the six classes we have left woo!)

by the way...did you submit the form? my google drive has been dicking about all day and the results are not displaying :(

I think I submitted it. Went all the way through the process, even if my answers were gibberish.

TdC

hmmm I asked as there was nothing there in the results and that gave me Teh Fear that that my millions of results were disappearing in to the bit bucket :(

luckily we actually seem to be getting stuff so it's cool :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom