FIle transfer for dummies

UrganNagru

Fledgling Freddie
Ok is there anyway I can transfer a 300meg folder, using the internet to a friends computer, with out having to host them on web space. Can't use msn file transfer as it can only send one file at a time and is very slow.
If there is no way other than putting files on some web space can anyone suggest a free host and how you set it up?

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
just zip the folder and send it over msn, nothing else is going to be much faster anyway

UrganNagru

Fledgling Freddie
ah, meant it was 300 meg zipped lol, guess just have to have both of us running msn over night lol

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
You need Broadband my friend. Transferred a 150MB file last night with my friend took around a hour

stormrider

Fledgling Freddie
Use winrar to split it up into smaller archives and send them one at a time?
Setup a ftp server on your PC?

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
If you've got a slow connection, there's always the slightly lower-tech option: burn the folder to a CD and either drop it round his house (if he's close) or post it (if he's not)..

UrganNagru

Fledgling Freddie
Ah thanks for the advice all, guess i'll try find out how to set up an ftp server, as although both of us have broadband connections, msn just ain't up to the job.

Clown

Part of the furniture
IRC + DCC?

Stupid caps lock changing to small letters script thing :(

Cyfr

Banned
I personaly like filezilla (no relation to mozilla, just uses the name :p)

UrganNagru

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for all the suggestions, decided to try serv-u ftp, set the server up no problem but i have no idea how my friends can connect to it, anyone with experiance with this program explain it to me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom