Fighter ?

W

WiZe^

hi i ust wonder what tha best fighting class is to be fotm ;) and no i dont whana play pala (they seem to be gayis :p )
how is merc's ?

C

chimaira

Merc is Fotm for sure.
And if u consider a tank who lives forever gayish I wonder if gay isnt so bad :E

as u can see in my sig I got both.

a pala and a merc. is the best from both worlds. Top offence and top defence

W

WiZe^

"And if u consider a tank who lives forever gayish I wonder if gay isnt so bad :E"

-what ment was that is so bloody many of em' ;)

C

chimaira

guess why it is :E

ohh and u say u want FOTM?

u ever seen a FOTM that isnt many of? :)

W

WiZe^

Originally posted by chimaira
guess why it is :E

ohh and u say u want FOTM?

u ever seen a FOTM that isnt many of? :)
'

Never! :p

S

Subform

I'd go for a Merc mate ..
I got one underways myself, and so far she rocks!

W

WiZe^

think of doing a sacren one whit 50 DW 50 thrust 28 parry....
if i hit hit 50 :p that is....

N

naetha

Thats about as fotm as you can get ;)

Personally I prefer Briton thrust mercs as you can then have the best of all worlds if they change/nerf some styles in the style review and you have to respec.

Paladins are great too, and make a great offence/defence and RvR/PvE combination if you ahve a merc too.

Agree with Chim, definitely best two tanks to have :)

O

old.giriam

I want to make a saracen merc with 50 parry/50 shield/29 slash.

Couple that with a natural high dex, advanced evade, dodger 4, and Mastery of Parry 4. Would be fun to see if anything could actually hit you :)

G

O

old.mattshanes

Half ogre is the way to go if you making a merc make's any other one look like a shrimp ;/

O

old.Hendrick

Shield Merc just doesn't work. I tried myself, albeit with highlander and no dodger RAs etc. I specced 50 shield, slash and the rest in parry. Your slam won't do much good since you can hardly deliver a lot of damage afterwards, your endurance will be gone quickly (unless grouped with a paladin - a guy with a shield who makes it possible for you, the other guy with the shield, to do his job effectively. Hmmm.) It just doesn't work. You will do crap damage, both Armsman and Paladin will block way better than you since they get access to the mastery of blocking RA. You completely neglect the one thing that a merc is good at and trade it for something that just doesn't work. Defensive is all nice and well, but if you want to do that then go for a paladin who just does this job way better with his chants, end-regen, higher AF, plate armor and ghetto rez as a bonus.

M

martok_

Give iold days when their was like 100 mercs there are way way way way way too many of us these days nerf FOTM!!!!

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by martok_
Give iold days when their was like 100 mercs there are way way way way way too many of us these days nerf FOTM!!!!

You mean 20 at most online:p

O

old.Bubble

was much better when i used to do /who Sorcerer and 3 people came up (Xorta was allllways online)

M

martok_

hehe mat i was thinking in total but aye 20 ppl at anyone time :)

O

old.Morchaoron

Originally posted by WiZe^

-what ment was that is so bloody many of em' ;)

then you already answered your own question: paladins are fotm

O

old.mattshanes

Heh sycho's unbuffed ws=1441.

RR1 Half Ogre merc crush specced ws unbuffed=1490.

Crazy :/

C

chimaira

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Heh sycho's unbuffed ws=1441.

RR1 Half Ogre merc crush specced ws unbuffed=1490.

Crazy :/
no bloddy difference

you prolly got highest WS on prydwen and u whine :m00:

X

XeffoInfil

Highlander Slash Mercs are very very fotm. very

O

old.mattshanes

Nothing will ever be as fotm as an inf.

Now the old active ones finally get a group like myself we get called fotms mainly after patch 1.62, pathetic really when mercs still aren't that overpopulated on pryd.

C

chimaira

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Nothing will ever be as fotm as an inf.

Now the old active ones finally get a group like myself we get called fotms mainly after patch 1.62, pathetic really when mercs still aren't that overpopulated on pryd.

not quite as old as mistar shanes but still called a FOTM even tho when I made one you where lucky if u saw 10 mercs online at the moment tbh.

back then NEVER and i mean NEVER when u did /who mercenary u got a reply to many matches

:E

M

martok_

aye but thoughs were the good old days now everyone makes and PL's it up to 50 when some one says its FOTM.

Ive now been called a FOTM ffs my mercs been in game since beging lol and getting called a FOTM merc i find that funny dont you :p

give ToA and let all the FOTM's start again lol

i remeber when you could do /who merc and get gondo maxgirth danyhr me and a few others now you do /who merc you get like 25 + another 25+ unable to be listed.

S

Straef

i got called fotm till they duelled me...
nerf highlanders

S

Straef

Originally posted by chimaira
back then NEVER and i mean NEVER when u did /who mercenary u got a reply to many matches

:E

yeah i remember when not everyone had a pl'ed merc yet ;<
i actually got rvr groups

V

Vladamir

Dont forget us polearming types, we hit just as hard, but slower :(.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom