FH'ers playing Dota?

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Just checking if many peeps from here play custom WC3 map Dota. (Imo totally uber waste of time :) )

Otto

Fledgling Freddie
Played it for almost 3 years both the classic wc3 version and the frozen throne version.

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Playing from pickup channel on irc or playing just public games?

Otto

Fledgling Freddie
Clan matches or inhouse with my clan mates.

Pickup people usually suck quite alot and only do 2v5 pubbies sometimes for a laugh.

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Had good and bad in from pickup channel but back playing Daoc now so not gonna try to fix match vs you in Dota :)

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Looks like this is exploding in popularity now. Any more peeps playing it from here? :)

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Think you played camlann nedo ;

Me (Pinp) Angui, Liveandletdie, Zephyrex play quite a lot actually... been playing it for about 2 years on / off now.. as well s the occasional skibi td / enfos

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Ye I played camlann on and off but not been logged on there in ages. Created Fear with some friends but many quit and so on so cant say I played there for any longer periods. Healer on PvP in as only support in group of 8 and so on not that fun :p

cool, have no idea what so ever if you run us straight over in Dota or the other way around but a 4 vs 4 or 3 vs 3 would be fun some time. (were not good nor bad I would say)

Playing with Rarely, Instant and instants bro and trying to get Ratt and Klette in to but they have to bad connection.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Played Eul's Dota then Guinsoo's Dota and now the newest Icefrog's Dota.
Rather fun though hate Bnet, either choose to play on the European server and get people speaking 6 types of languages and you can't communicate, or play on the US server and get kicked when they check where you are from, eventhough you do not lag..

Time for some proxy gaming I guess, does lag more but then atleast you'll be able to mask your IP and use a US IP to get into those US games.
Though DotA kinda got killed when the 'see all invisable things' maphack got released a couple of weeks ago, people walking away from your mines or dropping wards next to a Windwalk hero eventhough they could have never known the person was there etc.

Also play alot of TD's especially the non rigged Wintermaul Wars those are fun though alot of people don't know how to play so it's most of the times an easy win.

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Alot of "maphacking" is extensive use of wards. Been accused several times when all we do is spend 200g for wards :) (or 375 for ts ones depending on opposition)

Can recommend IRC channel dotapickup.euro for better quality random games. Banning for leaving or abusing and quite good quality on the playerbase. Need Q auth to join channel but then its just to play. Only english allowed in chat and in game in that channel.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Yes I know people use Wards and place them in area's (river rune area) that alot of people pass but if you watch a few replays you find out that the person _always_ uses the ward exactly when it's best for that person to see you for instance, even if he has no possible way of ever knowing you are there which is quite funny how obviously some people cheat.

Could have been so much better if Blizzard just didn't quit on a game once their new game gets released, Same will happen to WoW as soon as Blizzard releases it's next game loads more cheaters will appear as Blizzard cba to support the 'old' games anymore then, shame.

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Ye agree on the last part. D2 => WC3 and next WoW I guess.

Will allways be cheaters in all games :/ We gonna try to play a league now and I just hope that in that form the cheaters dont have possibility to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom