FH to adapt - time for an Avalon section?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Esoteric said:
Since so many people seem to post about it I don't understand why a small section for people playing on the US can't have thier own place to chat.
So you start with Avalon, then Gaheris, then....and so on, where do you stop?

VN has all you need, plus devs, TLs, and lots more, you can all mold the VN sections how you like, but on here its kinda cruel to dangle your forward knowledge of things in the US (being so far ahead), and all I can see is those people who want this section bleeding back onto here with "Well in the US we got blah blah blah you aint GOA suczors customer service look at my new toys you aint got blah blah bork".

Already the posts from players wishing to join or coming back are being hijacked by US Bush fanbois, draining potential for those of us staying euro side of getting new blood. See me as a euro fanboi if you like, but after 5 years rolling elsewhere would kill the game for me, and I know lots of others who feel the same.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Already the posts from players wishing to join or coming back are being hijacked by US Bush fanbois, draining potential for those of us staying euro side of getting new blood. See me as a euro fanboi if you like, but after 5 years rolling elsewhere would kill the game for me, and I know lots of others who feel the same.

It's the same old same old story. It was the same when WoW and all the other daoc killers were released. People would try their very best to convince as many people they could to make the move with them because they felt it would A. Increase the odds of the move being worth it because there were more people. And B. If it ended up not being a good move at least they weren't the only one who made the mistake and they could blame it on "it was fotm".

There have been moves to other realms before,there have been moves to Avalon before .. there have been moves to the US servers before. I took part in all of them at some point in my insignificant daoc career. It was fun for a while but somehow it was never as good as your home server after a while. People who say differently are lying or are still in that first period where the change of scenery is still bright and shiny.

The cluster is currently dying. But I can't help but think that it would die a LOT slower if people weren't preparing for it to die by massively rolling on Avalon.

You can't kill something knowingly and then whine its dead... or well you can but it would make you a hypocrite .. or a FH poster.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
While we´re at it.. gifv sections for freeshards as well tbh imo kthx

Esoteric

Fledgling Freddie
My point is more for a US section than an avalon specific one.

I did consider playing DAoC US, instead I have returned to an old game and am committing to it. I cannot re-live the brilliant first year or two daoc had in any form so am letting it lie as a good memory.

I just troll here on my forum rounds as an old haunt :worthy:

GReaper

Part of the furniture
One possibility is to replace the Glastonbury section with a Alternative Servers section, with each server having just one subforum under it.

Such as:

Dark Age of Camelot
- (Main Forums)
- (Excalibur & Prydwen)
--- (Excalibur & Prydwen subforums)
- Alternative Servers
--- Avalon
--- Glastonbury
--- Killibury
--- Devon
--- etc.

Each server doesn't need all the subforums for separate realms. Only add servers for which there is enough demand, as I seriously doubt there is much interest in most of the other German servers or French ones!

Thadius

Part of the furniture
GReaper said:
One possibility is to replace the Glastonbury section with a Alternative Servers section, with each server having just one subforum under it.

Such as:

Dark Age of Camelot
- (Main Forums)
- (Excalibur & Prydwen)
- Alternative Servers
--- Avalon
--- Glastonbury
--- Killibury
--- Devon
--- etc.

Each server doesn't need all the subforums for separate realms. Only add servers for which there is enough demand, as I seriously doubt there is much interest in most of the other German servers or French ones!

GReaper has the best idea! Like Camlann has only 3 sub forums, Glastonbury only needs one subforum at the state of it.

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
GReaper said:

Such as:

Dark Age of Camelot
- (Main Forums)
- (Excalibur & Prydwen)
- Alternative Servers
--- Avalon
--- Glastonbury
--- Killibury
--- Devon
--- etc.

Seems like the most sensible idea, that way FH keeps subscribers and the ex Uk cluster players have somewhere to talk about their new ventures as well as keep in touch with old friends.

Barun

Loyal Freddie
GReaper said:

Such as:

Dark Age of Camelot
- (Main Forums)
- (Excalibur & Prydwen)
- Alternative Servers
--- Avalon
--- Glastonbury
--- Killibury
--- Devon
--- etc.

GReaper pwns again!

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Avalon already has it's own forum for all those who have moved to that green and pleasant land...here ya go:

However as per the FH CoC, i'm not allowed to advertise it, especially as the FH avalon/US forums will be opened soon.

What?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom