FH Titles and the like...

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:
Guys and Gals,

the reputation system was actually previously disabled because of people abusing it,

No....... really ?

So if people have a good rep now its due to the quality and content of their posts ? <bangs head on wall> duh... right.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Tears said:
No....... really ?

So if people have a good rep now its due to the quality and content of their posts ? <bangs head on wall> duh... right.

In some cases, yes (take eggy for example)... in some cases no, but then I don't dish out resets just because someone posts alot and makes their way up the rep tree without blatantly asking for rep in threads...

Edit: BTW - that's a nice custom title you have there.... who gave you that??? ;)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:
In some cases, yes (take eggy for example)... in some cases no, but then I don't dish out resets just because someone posts alot and makes their way up the rep tree without blatantly asking for rep in threads...

I think eggy is one of the few worthy of a nice green bar, all the others should have the word "E-peen" stuck infront :)

Edit: who gave me the title ? duno ... some lame ass mod i think... sure its someone i knew at one point but cant quite put my finger on it - ahh well they didnt make that much of an impression then.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh... and another point is that when you look outside of the DAOC forums, the rep system seems to be used more sensibly - it was for these other users it was brought back in, to be frank :)

And yes, some mods can be real lamers :D

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:
And yes, some mods can be real lamers :D

and void of any origional thought, I mean which braincell wasted oxygen comming up with "Nerfed"?

and good point - i forgot there was a world outside of the DAOC forums :)

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Tears said:
and void of any origional thought, I mean which braincell wasted oxygen comming up with "Nerfed"?

... weren't me guv!!!

*whistles*

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:

and good point - i forgot there was a world outside of the DAOC forums :)

Generally Lovable

I rest my case... completely !

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
why does Tears get a free title and no one else eh?

you racist/sexist/biggot/xenophobic/homophobic/ mod!

(btw im joking jupitus, please dont hurt me :( )

Gamah

Banned
Tris- should get a "Deeply Disturbed" title :< He hurts my innocent eyes with his filth!

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Gamah said:
Tris- should get a "Deeply Disturbed" title :< He hurts my innocent eyes with his filth!

stop
trying
to
tarnish
my
name
:(

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
tris- said:
why does Tears get a free title and no one else eh?

you racist/sexist/biggot/xenophobic/homophobic/ mod!

(btw im joking jupitus, please dont hurt me :( )

I payed for mine, but for some reason a vicious mod changed it some time ago and I cant be assed to click the USER CP link to change it back.

and as I have no epeen i fear not the wrath of post/rep reset so if I wanted to poke fun at Jupitus's intellect and imagination well... I guess he could ban me but meh... not like i post anything worthwhile on these forums now.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Aw, jup you big sawfteh :D

Thanks for the love - got me proper confused it did, i thought it was a whole Wizard of Oz thing again, and i'd just dreamt that today happened! Oh joyz :) I have a little green garden path again (i've not got that big a garden either, so another VERY valid reason i should be teathered at "just really nice" cos otherwise the neighbours over the back will get all pissy and whiney and... stuff...)

If i could, i'd rep you a few years back in return ya ol buggeroo :D heh!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Wow, didn't realise I was even past 2,000 posts :s I thought I was at about 800 or so. God, I should post less o_O (Well, I don't actually post alot as it is)

Jup, should add in some new titles ;o

Ezteq

Queen of OT
tris- said:
stop
trying
to
tarnish
my
name
:(
*cough*

i dont think it was him trying to tarnish it that tarnished it, tbh you got it out waving about at people so much the air tarnished it all by its self.

Mmmm tarnish, say that word enough times and it starts to sound like a kind of food group.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Tbh i think i should get a costume title of ringmaster :(

I mean as soon as i go the cashpoint to have a look at my balance im going to donate anyway :(

Damn you people rape'in my inbox!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Tears said:
I think eggy is one of the few worthy of a nice green bar, all the others should have the word "E-peen" stuck infront :)

Can't really say if it's true or not.

Eggy has good posts, but then again, if people see a post as a reppable, is it any less worthy of a rep?

:eek7:

Yeah...i think that's what i wanted to say.

I sometimes wonder why people rep me for something, but most the time they seem to come from something funny or "well that's damn straight" post.

Who knows, maybe we'd need a secret rep society that watched posts and gave rep according to a strict repping policy :D

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
I was terribly upset when I found out my brother had a higher post-count and title than me, and in fact I'm still recovering from the shock. Oh well, at least I have more rep. :m00:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
sometimes i wanna rep someone if i think its a funny post but i usually get the "you cant rep that person again so soon", what happens from this is i randomly rep a few people just so i can go and rep who i originally wanted.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
hmm, i posted a pic and i still can't find my PC anywhere...

someone said it was viewable in the gallery - where?

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
yeah you need to make a Post... not post a picture... comment on one of the pictures there already

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
well, i managed 45 posts since my reset :D

Sad that i will never know how many i had before though... i'm sure my work would've been interested too :shifty: heh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom