Competition FH Photocomp #30

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
As suggested by Tom, and helpfully reminded by caLLous this is the official photo competition thread. I have now taken over running of this for the time being while TdC is too busy swaffling goats and the likes.

Subject

The subject for this competition is everyday, as chosen by Wazzerphuk, winner of the previous competition.
Everyday - Pretty much what it says on the tin. It can be something you do or see every day, an every day item or object. It could be something ordinary and often overlooked, something rarer, part of your routine or something you like very much. It doesn't strictly have to be "every" day, but something that people would encounter in normal life.
I'm hoping this is accessible and practical for enough people.

Deadline

1st April, 23:59 (UK Time)

Prize

Picking the next comps subject.

Rules

* The photo must be your own
* The photo must be taken within the time period of the competition (new)
* No text that isn't part of the original photo
* No merging of more than one photo, however panoramas are now allowed.
* Keep photos to a sensible size. It shouldn't be tiny, and viewers shouldn't have to scroll.
* Max of three entries. Multiple entries of the same shot from different angles etc not allowed.
* If you are unhappy with one of your entries, clearly point out which one and the mod will remove it. Keep this within reason please.
* Entries must be within the CoC (no cock except when made of snow, no flange)
* Allowed 'shopping : Rotating (finished image must be cropped to a rectangle), cropping, resizing, red-eye removal, lens correction (only to remove lens distortion, chromatic abberation and light falloff, etc.), non-selective image adjustments (changing levels throughout full image, blur, sharpen, noise reduction etc), gradient masks (linear only) for exposure correction

Previous subjects were:
apathy,the night,reflection,heritage,city,if you go down to the woods today,neglect,water,landmarks,transport,up close,summer,landscape,circular,no topic,texture,your christmas message to the world, Internet, People, bedtime, Summer is here,contrast,Kitchen Utensils,Glass, forgetting, pre-dawn,circle

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I have a photo off my phone i shall upload tomorrow, not great quality but never the less, beauty.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I may or may not have a photo off my camera that I may or may not upload this month. It might not be very good quality, but nevertheless, pancakes.

Gwadien

IMG-20120210-WA0006.jpg

Firstly, Let me apologise for the quality, it was taken at 1:30 AM or something like that, after walking home from a friends house, off my phone, which isn't brilliant, but, this picture, pretty much means a lot.

This is 'Gap' I walked through this everyday to get to school, even though there was a normal footpath like 5 metres away. Not until I was in my final year, this turned into a 'metaphor' for me, since, I realised it was a social class thing, since I met my friends here, when we went to school, and when we just mucked about. The importance of this to me is that in the distance, it's a middle class area, and behind me is the working class area, per say, and this tiny path way, acting as a 'barrier' between the two social classes, until recently.

Since the 'working classes' saw them as the posh snobby middle classes, whilst the middle classes didn't even know the name of the estate, but to us kids, through immaturity and naivety, it mattered not.

I'll hug all 'cool story bro' messages.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Quality isn't important! I don't know how many times I need to say that - if you have a good image you have a good image. Quality of equipment used is secondary to final result!

Clown

Part of the furniture
Fuck you. I thought the deadline was the end of the month so I was scrambling. 1st of April, are you having a laugh?

Have my first entry. Cunts.

Commute. by Clwn, on Flickr

Firstly, let me apologise for the quality. It was taken at around 09:38:35 AM, or something like that, after getting on the tube, using my kit lens, which isn't brilliant. But this picture pretty much means a lot to me. This is the 'carriage' I stand in everyday to get to work, even though there is another 'carriage' like 5 metres away. Not until just now, this turned into a 'metaphor' for me.

I realised it was a social class thing. I meet my colleagues here when we go to work and when we go for drinks at the o2. The importance of this to me is that we are travelling in a tunnel. The tunnel represents life. The train driver represents god. We travel wherever the driver takes us. The carriage is the world. God is driving the world around the sun, creating the day and the night.

The broadsheet newspaper is a simile for the rich people. The the posh rich snobby middle classes buy more broadsheets while the poor people rely on the free Metro newspaper. Even this is not good enough since some people can afford to discard their Metro newspapers for the even lower class to feed on. There are poor people in Africa with flies walking on their faces reading second hand free newspapers.

My stop signifies death. The train driver has taken me where he wanted me to go. The slow march towards work; the flash of light you experience before you pass away. At work. Where people go to die.

Gwadien

Fuck you. I thought the deadline was the end of the month so I was scrambling. 1st of April, are you having a laugh?

Have my first entry. Cunts.

Commute. by Clwn, on Flickr

Firstly, let me apologise for the quality. It was taken at around 09:38:35 AM, or something like that, after getting on the tube, using my kit lens, which isn't brilliant. But this picture pretty much means a lot to me. This is the 'carriage' I stand in everyday to get to work, even though there is another 'carriage' like 5 metres away. Not until just now, this turned into a 'metaphor' for me.

I realised it was a social class thing. I meet my colleagues here when we go to work and when we go for drinks at the o2. The importance of this to me is that we are travelling in a tunnel. The tunnel represents life. The train driver represents god. We travel wherever the driver takes us. The carriage is the world. God is driving the world around the sun, creating the day and the night.

The broadsheet newspaper is a simile for the rich people. The the posh rich snobby middle classes buy more broadsheets while the poor people rely on the free Metro newspaper. Even this is not good enough since some people can afford to discard their Metro newspapers for the even lower class to feed on. There are poor people in Africa with flies walking on their faces reading second hand free newspapers.

My stop signifies death. The train driver has taken me where he wanted me to go. The slow march towards work; the flash of light you experience before you pass away. At work. Where people go to die.
Lmfao You're such a joker, btw, what is your surename, I know someone who could be your twin.

Nate

FH is my second home
Every day for one day of my life I looked over the side of a boat cruising between reefs on the Great Barrier Reef and saw 2 dolphins doing this.

Firstly, Let me apologise for the quality, it was taken at 6:32AM GMT(I think my clock on my camera was wrong too) or something like that, after getting to the top deck, off my camera, which isn't brilliant, but, this picture, pretty much means a lot.

This is 'Dolphins' I saw this everyday for one day, even though I could have looked at the other side like 5 metres away. Not until I was in my final day on the boat, this turned into a 'metaphor' for me, since, I realised it was a social class thing, since I learnt to dive here, it was like the dolphins were remembering when we went to school, and when we just mucked about. The importance of this to me is that in the distance, it's a middle class area(those islands), and behind me is the working class area(the boat), per say, and these 2 dolphins, acting as a 'barrier' between the two social classes, until recently...as they moved.

Since the 'working classes' saw them as the posh snobby middle classes, whilst the middle classes didn't even know the name of the reef, but to us people who paid to go on a boat and learn how to dive, through immaturity and naivety, it mattered not.

Attachments

• P7050623.JPG
    P7050623.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 21

Gwadien

Cunts, thought I'd add a little story, and all I do is get ridiculed.

Nate

FH is my second home
What are you talking about? This happened to me and it's my thoughts.

Clown

Part of the furniture
Are you trying to say I'm not being sincere?

Well, sincerely fuck you.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I like your ongoing theme Clown. Nice one!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah, ditto.

I get nervous in situations like that. Did people turn around when they heard the shutter release? Do you glare? Smile sheepishly? Masturbate? WHAT'S THE PROTOCOL?

Clown

Part of the furniture
I'm pretty much a chav. I mean mug them and tell them to do one if they get all up in my grill.

Clown

Part of the furniture
In all honesty though, what's the worst they can do to me? I'm sure I've dealt with much worse than people cutting their eyes at me and tutting. I do get a bit self conscious but I try not to show it, so I usually just look back at them and judge it. I'll give a thumbs up or a smile if they deserve one. If they get arsey then that's their problem.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
And if they're really bad you can always delete the shot in front of them and apologise, even if you don't mean it and they're an utter cunt about it.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I'd rather fight about it. I'm as much of a cunt in real life as I am on here ;)
If I haven't done anything wrong...

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Nearly got in another fight at Bank station this week, was very funny. It's always at Bank.

Some very angry city types out there...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah I've done candid stuff before but I get awful self-conscious sometimes if there is eye-contact. I would rather be standing a bit away and using a telephoto lens but that's cowardly! I need to go to a big city and do some street stuff tbh.

Clown

Part of the furniture
More often than not though, the eye contact will make the picture. Wear some earphones or something and start trying not to give a fuck :)
Maybe it helps that I look a bit touristy so I haven't really had any drama before.

This was the closest I got to confrontation and even then I'm not sure if he was being serious.

Bah Hum Bug. by Clwn, on Flickr

TdC

ugh something really fucked up is happening to that pic. not sure if it's my computer or something else. it's very hard lighted and has jagged artifacts going on 0o

Clown

Part of the furniture
Yeah it's a bit contrasty but no pixelation here.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I think the texture on the chairs doesn't help but other than that it's fine. Must be a dutch thing. :(

And it's at least a degree off of vertical. For shame, Clown.

TdC

hmm if I click through to flickr then it goes away. dunno what's up with that tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom