Competition FH Photo Comp #24

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
As suggested by Tom, this is the official photo competition thread.

Subject

The subject for this competition is contrast, as chosen by Big G winner of compo #23.

Deadline

7th August, 21:00

Prize

Picking the next comps subject.

Rules

* The photo must be your own
* No text that isn't part of the original photo
* No merging of more than one photo, however panoramas are now allowed.
* Keep photos to a sensible size. It shouldn't be tiny, and viewers shouldn't have to scroll.
* Max of three entries. Multiple entries of the same shot from different angles etc not allowed. If you are unhappy with one of your entries, clearly point out which one and the mod will remove it. Keep this within reason please.
* Entries must be within the CoC (no cock except when made of snow, no flange)
* Allowed 'shopping : Rotating (finished image must be cropped to a rectangle), cropping, resizing, red-eye removal, lens correction (only to remove lens distortion, chromatic abberation and light falloff, etc.), non-selective image adjustments (changing levels throughout full image, blur, sharpen, noise reduction etc), gradient masks (linear only) for exposure correction

Previous subjects were:
apathy,the night,reflection,heritage,city,if you go down to the woods today,neglect,water,landmarks,transport,up close,summer,landscape,circular,no topic,texture, your christmas message to the world, Internet, People, bedtime, Summer is here

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Well this has been mega popular :p

I will start with:

#1 - Lone Tree

mg2038s.jpg

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I'm hoping I'll have lots from North Devon/South Wales, leave Monday \o/

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
IMG_6996_DxO_raw.jpg

Might've been more suitable for the last competition but hey, there's contrast here. :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Technically there's contrast in every photo. Unless it's just entirely one shade of colour :p

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Nice milou, really like the second. When on earth was West Wittering that empty? :D

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
DSCF1103.JPG

FIRE! (quite applicable tonight, even if the image is 3yrs old :)

- English -

Resident Freddy
DSC00552.jpg

My first ever entry taken on my w995 camera phone. Ive just adjusted the curves a bit to darken the image, i dont know if its allowed or not. Im not expecting anyone to be impressed as im a total noob when it comes to pictures and picture editing, but i thought it was quite nice... or the idea is quite nice anyway ;)

old.user4556

#2 - Central Park Wedding

Returned from NYC a couple of weeks ago, what a superb city (will fire up some photos in another thread), took this shot in Central Park as a couple got their weddings photos done.

mg2472s.jpg

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Here's one i snapped at solstice;

Attachments

• numba1.jpg
    numba1.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 13

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Cheers. Sunset (about 17:30) in early March. A good time as only a few dog walkers are about then.

Only ever been down there in the height of summer so it's strange seeing it like that. Returned from North Devon/South Wales a bit disappointed: it rained all week, was never sunny or had good light. To top it all off I think I busted a BP-551A batter by charging it with my BP-511 charger, it no longer works in my camera. Will have to try a sneaky return to the retailer methinks.

As such I didn't get nearly as many or as much quality as I would have liked. Will try and post-process the good ones as fast as I can but not sure when that'll be exactly. I'm hoping there's at least a couple of ok ones.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
#2 - Central Park Wedding

Returned from NYC a couple of weeks ago, what a superb city (will fire up some photos in another thread), took this shot in Central Park as a couple got their weddings photos done.

mg2472s.jpg

theres something about the way the two of them are looking at each other that just seems to, god i cant put it into words, but it makes me wonder who they are, whats happened between them etc.

very expressive.

or maybe its just me, its the expression on her face, the slump of his shoulders, the apparent age difference, so many other things.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
My first attempt at rescuing the photos from the awful conditions on my holiday:

#1 Welcombe Mouth
4813221519_6c236de8d0_b.jpg

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Comments/criticisms more than "welcombed" btw (hrhr), I'm not very happy with above image and we all know I have no technical ability so any guiding points will be taken on board. :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I like the photo, but that's biased cause i like rust/black combo :p

If it was a sunset'ish, red sky, it would be perfect in my taste, even perhaps painting material.

Can't say much about technique etc, i don't really look at that kind of stuff.

old.user4556

Like that one Wazz; you got a link on where that is so I can research some geography? Looks rather volcanic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom