Competition FH Photo Comp #23

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
As suggested by Tom, this is the official photo competition thread.

Subject

The subject for this competition is Summer is here, as chosen by Tom winner of compo #22.

Deadline

15th June, 21:00

Prize

Picking the next comps subject.

Rules

* The photo must be your own
* No text that isn't part of the original photo
* No merging of more than one photo, however panoramas are now allowed.
* Keep photos to a sensible size. It shouldn't be tiny, and viewers shouldn't have to scroll.
* Max of three entries. Multiple entries of the same shot from different angles etc not allowed. If you are unhappy with one of your entries, clearly point out which one and the mod will remove it. Keep this within reason please.
* Entries must be within the CoC (no cock except when made of snow, no flange)
* Allowed 'shopping : Rotating (finished image must be cropped to a rectangle), cropping, resizing, red-eye removal, lens correction (only to remove lens distortion, chromatic abberation and light falloff, etc.), non-selective image adjustments (changing levels throughout full image, blur, sharpen, noise reduction etc), gradient masks (linear only) for exposure correction

Previous subjects were:
apathy,the night,reflection,heritage,city,if you go down to the woods today,neglect,water,landmarks,transport,up close,summer,landscape,circular,no topic,texture, your christmas message to the world, Internet, People, bedtime

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Finally, a subject which isn't utter shit. Might enter this one.

milou

Part of the furniture
I like the optimism that summer will have arrived before the 15th June.

tierk

Part of the furniture
I like the optimism that summer will have arrived before the 15th June.

It's already hitting over 40 degrees C on a daily basis over here :( Hope to get out and about shortly though :)

StRaNgEdAyS

Fledgling Freddie
I know it's not Summer here, it's coming to the end of Autumn. The temperature is a chilly 19.5C(67F).
I bet you guys would kill for this sort of weather in November.
4631206550_712d084949.jpg

Link to larger size: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3341/4631206550_712d084949_b.jpg

tierk

Part of the furniture
I know its down under but whereabouts, it's certainly a pretty spot?

StRaNgEdAyS

Fledgling Freddie
That's about 10-15 minutes walk from my front door in Ballina, Northern New South Wales.
Looking from the north end of Lighthouse Beach over Shelly Beach.

tierk

Part of the furniture
That's about 10-15 minutes walk from my front door in Ballina, Northern New South Wales.
Looking from the north end of Lighthouse Beach over Shelly Beach.

That is one awesome view to have 15 mins walk from your front door dude - LUCKY Bastid!! :D

tierk

Part of the furniture
Nice.
Where was that taken?

Taken in Qatar in a place called Khor Udaid, in the south of the country bordering Saudi Arabia. They call this place the Inland Sea, which clearly you cant see as it is behind me when i am taking this picture. I have added a picture for the actual Sea part below, it is a truly amazing place for photography amongest other things.

1. http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4071/4654160084_a3ae12bc68_b.jpg

2. http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4033/4654160444_c05330e3dc_b.jpg

Hope you like.

I have to say that due to the climate round here i am very restricted on what i can take pictures of as it is either unbelievable hot or we have humidity hovering at about 90%. But i try and make do as best i can.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Nice, although the yellow in the foreground seems to be slightly overpowering the green stems a little here, could be my monitor settings though.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Interesting, I'll have to check that out sometime. Although I am VERY allergic to rape seed pollen.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I mean it looks like the motion blur has been tampered with. The windows look too defined where the rest of the train doesn't.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Anyway, off to Warwickshire at the weekend to piss about it the woods. Hopefully I will get some good pictures there.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I will be in the IoM for the next 10 days or so. The last time I was there I was able to get some nice shots, like this:

3625868066_4cb8cbe1de.jpg

So I should be able to get some similarly nice shots for this compo, in time for the deadline.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I mean it looks like the motion blur has been tampered with. The windows look too defined where the rest of the train doesn't.

Are you suggesting that I photoshopped the image? As Chet says, it's motion blur as it was taken at 1/50 of a second and the train was probably moving at around 40 to 50 mph.

I took the shot with and without the train; I left it in and glad I did because it did it's job of catching your eye.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
There's nothing odd about the windows or the train, dunno what he's talking about.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Are you suggesting that I photoshopped the image? As Chet says, it's motion blur as it was taken at 1/50 of a second and the train was probably moving at around 40 to 50 mph.

I took the shot with and without the train; I left it in and glad I did because it did it's job of catching your eye.

No, I am not. I am just saying it looks bit odd as usually a shot with a train in has much more motion blur.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No, I am not. I am just saying it looks bit odd as usually a shot with a train in has much more motion blur.

It depends how fast the object is moving, and what shutter speed was used.

If G had used a longer exposure, then yes, you would have had more blur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom