Competition FH Photo Comp #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
As suggested by Tom, this is the official photo competition thread.

Subject

The topic is transport. Planes, trains, cars, roads, canals, bridges, boats, airports, walking, skateboarding, running, babies crawling, people on their way to work - anything transport related. As chosen by Big G winner of compo #9

Deadline

25th April, 21:00

Prize

Picking the next comps subject.

Rules

* The photo must be your own
* No text that isn't part of the original photo
* No merging of more than one photo, however panoramas are now allowed.
* Keep photos to a sensible size. It shouldn't be tiny, and viewers shouldn't have to scroll.
* Max of three entries. Multiple entries of the same shot from different angles etc not allowed. If you are unhappy with one of your entries, clearly point out which one and the mod will remove it. Keep this within reason please.
* Entries must be within the CoC (no cock, no flange)
* Allowed 'shopping : Rotating (finished image must be cropped to a rectangle), cropping, resizing, red-eye removal, lens correction (only to remove lens distortion, chromatic abberation and light falloff, etc.), non-selective image adjustments (changing levels throughout full image, blur, sharpen, noise reduction etc), gradient masks (linear only) for exposure correction

Previous subjects were:
apathy,the night,reflection,heritage,city,if you go down to the woods today,neglect,water,landmarks

itcheh

Part of the furniture
#1: Death Valley last year on my road trip. Picture was taken out of the window of the RV while we were driving :)

3396327597_51047a963c_b.jpg

Tom

I am a FH squatter
ooo now that will be hard to beat (serious).

Pfy

Fledgling Freddie
DSCF0022c.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF0022.jpg
    DSCF0022.jpg
    483.3 KB · Views: 25

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Ouch!

the level of competition is going to be tough on this one. Itcheh and pfy, two very nice pics there.

Going to start with a golden oldie and then take two new pics for this compo.

Oldie:

IMG_2346.JPG

itcheh

Part of the furniture
#2: I took this one 2 weeks ago at Barcelona airport while I was queuing at the passport check-point

3396289805_40229b4555_b.jpg

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I wonder how many long exposure night street images we will see :/

JingleBells

FH is my second home
BTCC at Oulton park:
crash_small.jpg

RNLI lifeboat & tractor at Weston
RNLI.jpg

Click for bigness

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.

Hopefully the colourspace won't get fooked up this time.

Thanks to whatever mod removed my post :).

igp2794a.jpg

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Ok you may be thinking "Tom, that's a fucking bridge you twat" and you'd be half correct, but this is actually Prestolee Aqueduct, designed and built to carry the Manchester, Bolton and Bury Canal across the River Irwell at Prestolee. Its about 220 years old and still carries water, although no boats have crossed it for at least 40 years.

3404765983_33a4fdc812_b.jpg

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
These were taken a few years back at the Goodwood Revival. A fantastic weekend it was.

33684752bugatti.jpg

goodwood3.jpg

fighters.jpg

Itcheh, I love that road shot, and the airport for that matter.

RB

itcheh

Part of the furniture
All of a sudden I have the theme tune to Street Hawk in my head :)

Nice pic!

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Taken this morning on the canals of Brum (CFB):
BrumCanal.jpg

I just wish it wasn't so misty :(

old.user4556

JB, re the misty - have you tried converting it to black and white and playing with the contrast? I find pictures that have mist and fog in them can have a large impact in black and white + contrast adjustments.

My falkirk wheel picture was shite in colour - no depth, no atmosphere, flat, grey, boring. I converted it to black and white, played with clarity and contrast to recover a reasonable shot.

TdC

your number 2 shot is awesome Big G o0

old.user4556

Cheers, took about 40 takes to get one I was happy(ish) with. Hooray for cheap memory these days!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
3414708866_4e6fdbae45_b.jpg

These things are ace. They're called Steam locomotives, they're the latest technical innovation and are slowly being introduced throughout Bury and Rossendale!

Its actually on the ELR line coming into Summerseat station

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
helicopter.JPG

an old picture from back in 2006 from a local event when they had helicopter flights at it.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
JB, re the misty - have you tried converting it to black and white and playing with the contrast? I find pictures that have mist and fog in them can have a large impact in black and white + contrast adjustments.

My falkirk wheel picture was shite in colour - no depth, no atmosphere, flat, grey, boring. I converted it to black and white, played with clarity and contrast to recover a reasonable shot.

Cheers Big G, that definitely improves the pic, I've looked into making it Sepia rather than B&W to add some element of nostalgia

CFB:
redoneCanal.jpg

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Cheers Big G, that definitely improves the pic, I've looked into making it Sepia rather than B&W to add some element of nostalgia

CFB:
View attachment 4947

You should try using the black and white option in photoshop - it allows you to select from a range of colour filters to enhance certain tones. What that means is that if you had a camera with monochrome film, and took a picture with a red filter on the lens, you'd end up with a high contrast mono image. Photoshop allows you to do this very easily. If you don't have PS, The Gimp may well do the same thing.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
TBH if you're just starting out (unless it's radically changed) The Gimp is a lot less user friendly and easy to pick up than Photoshop.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oooo some tough choices to make on this one.... nice pics guys!

TdC

I'z fixored it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom