Film FH Film of the Year 2009

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
add harry brown to my list, watched it last night and it was excellent

Chilly

Balls of steel
Nominations will stay open til friday this week, then we'll move to voting. Only films with two or more nominations will be put in the final poll (so far that's about half of the films mentioned). If it's possible can I become a minimod for this topic only so I can manage the first post with the current nominations etc? Either that or someone else do it :p

Will

/bin/su
We can't make you a mod for this thread only. You can send me the edits if you want (by PM) and I'll paste them in. Or you could send them to a more reliable mod. ;)

Chilly

Balls of steel
righto i'll sort out the current list later on and spam em to someone.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Or you could send them to a more reliable mod. ;)
Nope, send them to Will as penance for not doing a werewolf thread for ages even though he got his own private forum for it, etc.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Looking at that list of films released this year and it was yet another poor year for films. But my least hated films that came out this year prolly were.

Star Trek (just for Simon Pegg)
Zombieland (for Bill Murrays Cameo)
District 9 (the main guy sounds like my mate when he gets drunk and his SA accent comes out strong, plus the story was so good, if he goes onto to make the Halo film if the money ever gets sorted, I will have to watch it)

Haven't seen the new Underworld film, so I can't put that in the list. As for New moon check the New moon thread for my comments on that god awful film.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I want to hold on until I've seen Avatar on the 16th before I make a decision.

If it can't wait, then I'd say Star Trek.

Nate

FH is my second home
Did anyone see The Men Who Stare At Goats yet?

I think the only film I went to see this year was Star Trek so thats my list atm.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It is pointless if it offers nothing new and does not better the original, regardless of its competence.

Keitel was pretty much close to perfect in the original, remaking it is basically pissing on his great work.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Have anyone seen Law Abiding Citizen? Refreshing from other movies i have seen this year and with Gerald Butler as the guy who stands up to the system. Can be enjoyed if you can see past the Hollywood cliché idealist characters like the one Jamie Foxxxx plays.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Heat wasn't pointless and that was a remake of a good original.

Will

/bin/su
Heat has quite a few differences from LA Takedown. It had a more complex plot, was a longer film, it had a better cast, bigger budget, was almost twice as long etc etc. So Wazzerswifts point still stands.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Have anyone seen Law Abiding Citizen? Refreshing from other movies i have seen this year and with Gerald Butler as the guy who stands up to the system. Can be enjoyed if you can see past the Hollywood cliché idealist characters like the one Jamie Foxxxx plays.

No no no! Worse and most overhyped movie of the year. If you want a good vengeance flick go and see Death Wish.

So much wrong with Law Abiding Citizen, it's not actually a thriller for a start, they seem more interested in how they can kill the next innocent off rather than progressing a story or having any kind of moral lesson or character development. Colm Meanies character is pointless, as is Jamie Foxx's. It starts off with promise and quickly descends into nothing, while you wait for the inevitable and quite obvious conclusion.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Actually, i never heard anything of it before i saw...it. Wrong to post in in Movie of The Year thread, my bad. Tho i enjoyed it only because his voice reminded me of Bauer (guy from 300), and he kills off random cliché characters made by Hollywood. The Death Wish flicks gets the job done for revenge flicks, that they do ;D

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I didn't like Heat, it was shit.

Nothing to do with it being a remake though, everything to do with the awful direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom