Film FH Film of the Year 2009

Chilly

Balls of steel
It's december so most of the 2009 crop of films are out and watched. What are people's favourites? Lets get some nominations then a poll and a big old vote and then we can flame each other for our obviously shit taste in films!

I'll nominate two

1- Harry Brown (new, well worth a watch)
2- Duplicity

Here's a big old list to pick from: 2009 in film - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
1) Watchmen
2) The Wrestler

Not been a great year for films really.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I think this year has been pretty poor tbh for films but the last two I saw that were decent are Pontypool & Moon.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
The two best films, Moon or The Wrestler. The film I enjoyed the most watching, The Hangover

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
* Zombieland

* Star Trek

* District 9

Vae

Resident Freddy
Nothing particularly stands out for me this year.

1) Watchmen - Superbly well done version of the comic book. However not to everyone's taste.
2) Star Trek - Fairly weak story but a very well done, and very tongue-in-cheek, reboot of the franchise.
3) Up - Mostly for the visuals but also quite a sweet story.
4) Looking for Eric - A Ken Loach film so never going to be that funny. Had a rather convincing gritty/real feel to it. Quite enjoyed it and Cantona was, despite his rather thick accent, pretty good in it.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
The film I enjoyed the most watching, The Hangover

While I did laugh a few times it was an inferior work compared to the writer/director's earlier film Old School. Now that's funny.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
While I did laugh a few times it was an inferior work compared to the writer/director's earlier film Old School. Now that's funny.

Yeah I loved Old School too, I think maybe it was how I watched The Hangover that I enjoyed it so much. It was the first comedy for a long time that I went to see in the cinema with a load of mates and the cinema was absolutely packed. Everyone in the cinema seemed to find it hilarious and it really brought back what was good about going to see movies. It is one of my top 3 ever cinema movies.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
district 9
inglorious basterds
ponyo on the cliff
zombieland
star trek
new york, i love you

looking forward to seeing black dynamite, the last station and taking woodstock in the near future

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Looking at that list briefly, it looks to me like this year I haven't seen a film made in 2009 yet.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Zombieland
Taking Chance (TV Movie but i really liked it)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hmm... looking at the list I can see that I certainly need to get out more - of all of them I have seen...... 1.

On the basis that I must have been inspired to see that, and therefor the others obviously don't have the pull, I'll vote for it anyway, District 9, which I really did enjoy :)

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Currently Up / G-Force. Although I will see Avatar and A Christmas Carol before the year is through so I will watch those before giving my final judgment.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Currently Up / G-Force. Although I will see Avatar and A Christmas Carol before the year is through so I will watch those before giving my final judgment.

G-Force! Really? Ooookaaaaay....

I'm struggling actually. Lots of "OK" movies this year, but not much that I'd give five stars. Star Trek and Up are about it. I'm still looking forward to Sherlock Holmes, but I still can't take Dances With Smurfs/Avatar seriously.

Will

/bin/su
My best of the year would probably be District 9.

In The Loop was very good too. Zombieland was good enough, but not anywhere near god enough to be on a film of the year list. Star Trek was entertaining, but if it wasn't Star Trek, we wouldn't even be considering it. I did like The Men Who Stare At Goats, but not sure it was god enough to be on a list of film of the year.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
On watching district 9 through again I enjoyed it a lot more as I wasn't expecting much.

For the part where he is in the machine at the end alone its in my top 5 of the year.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
1) Watchmen
2) The Wrestler

Not been a great year for films really.

the wrestler was 2008.

From this year, I haven't seen quite a few supposedly good films, from those I have seen it would be:

District 9
Moon
Star Trek
Taken
The Hangover

Nate

FH is my second home
It's got to be Twilight: New Moon, it's all I hear about!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
G-Force! Really? Ooookaaaaay....

I'm struggling actually. Lots of "OK" movies this year, but not much that I'd give five stars. Star Trek and Up are about it. I'm still looking forward to Sherlock Holmes, but I still can't take Dances With Smurfs/Avatar seriously.

Well g-force was better then up for sure.

Up is the most over-hyped piece of average brownie since juno.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom