FH ads?

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
How much do we need to pay for you(FH), to get rid of the FH ads? - not so cool to have ads such as this one >>

fhadds.jpg

:(

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
forgot to add - there are far better ways of getting your hosting paid for than resorting to adverts which promote illegal ways in which to further yourself in DOAC>

Tilda

rampant said:
forgot to add - there are far better ways of getting your hosting paid for than resorting to adverts which promote illegal ways in which to further yourself in DOAC>

Such as?

As has been said in one of the 50 other threads, deebs is going to look into blocking advers from the cheat/trading sides tomorrow, post domain names for those selling them on the forum and he'll block them.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda - just some ideas

1. make access to the DAOC forums payable (£2-£3 payable annually..)

2. advertise products (but not illegal products)

3. - referals - need i say more - its how a lot of the professional forums make their money - by making the content of the site better fit their business needs

4 - content - make it worth while to PAY for a service - dont just arrogantly sit there and wait for people to pay - YOU have to give a reason for people wanting to pay

5. ive said enough and my gin-and-tonic is warming up!

just some quick simple ideas - if you want more feel free to contact me!

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
or fix more alternative methods you can subscribe with, I myself want to subscribe but PayPal thats the only method dont like my visa-card so cant!

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Elkie said:
lol fh wont be so popular then;)

i agree with you - a forum board needs to live off either subs / funding or advertisement (or a wealthy sugar-daddy)

Failing that you have to engage the current membership and find out what other boards or places they 'hang-out' at online - so as to try and tap into a revenue stream (like setup music sections, and then advertise play for example)

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
I don't mind ads. I do mind if there is an ad for "DAoC cheats" though. That's just silly. :)

Guess it's a mistake though.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I have been considering subscribing for a while now, money has been tight recently but won't be much longer so I will do my part.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Azathrim said:
I don't mind ads. I do mind if there is an ad for "DAoC cheats" though. That's just silly. :)

took the words out of my mouth :)

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:

woohooo that were some very cheap 200p \o/

( :wanker: )

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
as few ppl mentioned, i dont mind the adds, just the damn cheating promoteing adds suck :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
wells its google that provide the ads not FH, i guess they just search for key words and advertise whatever comes out (that have paid google ofc) its how google make money, and usually a good service too.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
WiZe^ said:
Am not geting paypal ust to pay 10 £ :twak:

same here, im not getting paypal for that.. paypal is the suxxx...if u hav read the history and stuff (had a project in uni :p)

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
MaditioN said:
or fix more alternative methods you can subscribe with, I myself want to subscribe but PayPal thats the only method dont like my visa-card so cant!

Exactly the same problem

Try getting married - the only way they'll let you change your name without changing your cards is by mailing them the (only) copy of your marriage certificate. Even my bank don't need that.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Tbh I really don't see what the fuss is - so what if there is stuff on the adds to buy gold n cheat etc - its nothing that people cant find anyways by searching on google - noting this is where the adds are from - if you don't like the adverts....dont read them - its the same as people moaning about whats on tv - if you dont like it...turn over :)

If there is anyone on FH who didnt know about the nonsense in these adverts anyways then they must have been living under a rock and not reading teh whine threads accusing people of various cheats in the past..

Seems another excuse to whine about FH/something on FH tbh to me... really dont know what the fuss is about.

~edit~

Stick an advert in my sig for all I care tbh :)

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
FH giving advertising space that is being used to host cheat warez, account selling, gold trading etc isnt really on.

I was considering paying for a FH subscription, but im sure as hell not now I know some of it is inderectly going to people whose purpose is to make money out cheats and destroying the game balance in general.

Tell ya what FH, I promise ill pay for a sub, but not while you advertise on behalf of con artists and gold traders.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Boni said:
FH giving advertising space that is being used to host cheat warez, account selling, gold trading etc isnt really on.

I was considering paying for a FH subscription, but im sure as hell not now I know some of it is inderectly going to people whose purpose is to make money out cheats and destroying the game balance in general.

Tell ya what FH, I promise ill pay for a sub, but not while you advertise on behalf of con artists and gold traders.

So been a member since 2004 but because they put a advert on in 2006 you now won't pay for subs - don't get me wrong I havent paid so I can't take the moral high ground on that but all the people whining who aint paying anyway and still want it all for free without adverts etc.....makes me laugh tbh and I feel sorry for the people behind FH getting grief for simply trying to raise some revenue to keep providing webspace for everyone to come and whine at them on...

Shame on you all !!! :touch:

MesS°

Can't get enough of FH
Boni said:

2 things...

1. FH has nothing todo with the adverts, except hosting them, its not like Debs whent and found them. Its all done automaticly, and im sure we wont see them much longer.
2. Members dont see the adverts.

Outlander

Part of the furniture
exactly members dont see the adverts, and also the more members there are, then the less chance they will need ads in the 1st place :p

pez

Can't get enough of FH
This isn't GoA's forums. This isn't Mythic's or anyone else's related to DAoC. The person or persons who own and maintain this site (afaik) don't even play DAoC.

You have the arrogance to sit there and complain about the way they offer you a service completely free of charge which gains them no benefit?

Personally i hope they keep the ads and they make them alot of money. As far as i am concerned they deserve it. If you or GoA or anyone else dosen't like it then they should make a forum. I mean ffs we pay like 10 quid a month for DAoC and theres not even a fucking forum. How pathetic is that?

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Dont mind ads.. at all, especially not for a free service and especially not on the internet where you arent forced to look at the ads for 5 minutes straight before you get another 10 mins of whatever you were watching. Its the "illegal ads". And thank god Deebs wanna filter those ads out. All we have to do is send the links to him so he can WTFBAN them. so.. do so!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom