FG v FG question

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Since i played daoc i have never been involved in fg v fg rvr. I am trying to get some guildies to start a guild group starting from level 1 going through the bg's upto 49.5 and then r4l9. Thats the plan anyway.

Questions i have coz i is noob at this fg stuff :)

Templates??? What are needed like items for example?
Ra set ups

I was thinking below of this

Healer
Healer
Shaman
Skald
Bd
Warrior
Warrior
Warrior

With the patch comming and tanks getting a boost

What would be best set up for todays rvr?

If any of you experts can give info/specs/example templates that would be great

Punishment

Resident Freddy
healer healer shaman skald zerk zerk savage rm is best setup i have ever played in 8v8 unless you meet a very very good alb caster or hib tank group

Lightfighter

One of Freddy's beloved
The above setup is good, my personal favorite is switching the savage for SM (healer healer sham skald zerk zerk SM RM) making it more hybrid. It has an easier time vs caster grps but a harder time vs full tank grps without BG (based on my experience anyway). Dark SM+Suppression/RC RM both work, prefer suppression RM personally.

Spec-wise for the healers we've ran 2x tri-spec healers instead of the traditional pac+aug healer, it works very well and I'd recommend it. The thought is that the points you spend in aug on the aughealer istn't rly worth the investment so you might as well go pac and get a backup CCer even if the 2nd healer still plays the aug healers role, with both healers having green celerity. You miss out a bit on resists though.

As for templates... there are cheap ones for pretty much any class that are still viable in rvr, and more expensive ones. Browse the VN-boards or the template section here for the classes you decide to go for...

BigE

One of Freddy's beloved
I'll join you m8, give me a yell when your on. :)

old.Eyez

Can't get enough of FH
The above setup is good, my personal favorite is switching the savage for SM (healer healer sham skald zerk zerk SM RM) making it more hybrid. It has an easier time vs caster grps but a harder time vs full tank grps without BG (based on my experience anyway). Dark SM+Suppression/RC RM both work, prefer suppression RM personally.

Spec-wise for the healers we've ran 2x tri-spec healers instead of the traditional pac+aug healer, it works very well and I'd recommend it. The thought is that the points you spend in aug on the aughealer istn't rly worth the investment so you might as well go pac and get a backup CCer even if the 2nd healer still plays the aug healers role, with both healers having green celerity. You miss out a bit on resists though.

As for templates... there are cheap ones for pretty much any class that are still viable in rvr, and more expensive ones. Browse the VN-boards or the template section here for the classes you decide to go for...

Thats right! 2 x healers, 1 sham, 1 skald, 2 zerkers, 1 rm and then i dont care if the last caster is sm/bd/wl.. since the RM can debuff for them! But atleast 2 casters in a grp is way better than a grp with just 1 caster!

And Catahl Valley is not that funny anylonger.. when the BG quests came out u could make a toon rr4l9 in a few days wit ha set grp in there! now u mostly find a few XPers and gate campers.. and if u get there with a FG u will get bored fast! because ppl will just do glass quests if they just wanna hit 50

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I wasn't saying it was the best setup old eyez i was saying it was the best 8 man setup i have consistantly won every fight in except against 1-2 groups on ywain atm, excellent farm group setup, good push skald+shammy 2 banelords and old savage taunt and dps are insane

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Main problem I think is finding 8 likeminded people who will turn up the same time, play okay, and not quit ASAP after getting zerged a couple of times. That first setup looks pretty horrid tho. Want some setup that's versitle enough to leech when not doing 8v8 imo.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
But atleast 2 casters in a grp is way better than a grp with just 1 caster!

A solo caster in the grp will have to get used to eating grass and being 2-3 times rez sick alot also!

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Single caster setup caster plays support aka supp rm/light eld it's not about dps it's about locking down their support/ranged dps

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Single caster setup caster plays support aka supp rm/light eld it's not about dps it's about locking down their support/ranged dps

Yes, I know, but you will get fragged all the time whatever you doing! Stop drinking that polish beer, it rots the head, take it from someone who noes!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I remember the good old mid days :<

healer mend/pac
healer mend/pac
healer mend/aug
shaman
skald
zerker/savage
warrior
zerker

fun times, pre-toa > all.

old.Eyez

Can't get enough of FH
I remember the good old mid days :<

healer mend/pac
healer mend/pac
healer mend/aug
shaman
skald
zerker/savage
warrior
zerker

fun times, pre-toa > all.

Pret-toa the fotm setups wasnt like that.. but like this:
3 x healer 1 x shaman 2 x savage 1 x savage/warrior they didnt run with skald when they used radar anyway :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
seen plenty of mid grps around running what I posted, some ran 1 runie tho instead of the extra zerker/savage. :p people like Jack Herrer bummed savages and ran like 10230127389012139123128312 savages yea.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Yes, I know, but you will get fragged all the time whatever you doing! Stop drinking that polish beer, it rots the head, take it from someone who noes!

Also the other 7 groupm8's will have much fun laughing at you in between the fights. I have experiance with this. :(

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Also the other 7 groupm8's will have much fun laughing at you in between the fights. I have experiance with this. :(

Seems I was on teh internet last night...

Yes, me too. On the other hand if you can't do anything in a fight no one can blame you for loosing !

Sardine

One of Freddy's beloved
Seems I was on teh internet last night...

Yes, me too. On the other hand if you can't do anything in a fight no one can blame you for loosing !

As the only caster in a group you may as well just de-stick on purpose before you even encounter any fights. And when your groupmates ask wtf you're doing when you're on the other half of the map, just reply with 'pre-kiting' :p

old.Eyez

Can't get enough of FH
seen plenty of mid grps around running what I posted, some ran 1 runie tho instead of the extra zerker/savage. :p people like Jack Herrer bummed savages and ran like 10230127389012139123128312 savages yea.

yep JH and Groove.. wasnt any other guilds there ran the savage trains on Excalibur so fare i remember.. and i was an active player in emain back in the days :) and i ran Ora Minus thee helped NP/JH etc when they needed help killing the zergs :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Honestly?, best Mid group setup is probably;

Pac
Aug
Sham
Skald
Zerk
BD
BD
BD

Logi

Part of the furniture
BD's are le shit in fg vs fg now, you should read patch notes more often :p they lost all their worth when Mythic forced pets to assist the owner/not split anymore.

first blow was dealt when they nerfed the body debuff to not being an interrupt anymore :/

Dossi

Regular Freddie
Daoc 8vs8 is still very much alive, most of the action takes place around 7GMT to 11GMT @ Agramon. Please feel free to drop by and donate some points!

Thehehehe

Mocske - rr11L1 barde
Mocskcha - rr11L4 Druide
Flopski - rr5L1 Nightshade
Moski - rr5 Warden

Mocski - rr11L Cleric
Moxski - rr5L Friar
Mocskii - rr5L1 Minstrel

Lootski - rr8L2 Spiritmaster
Badski - rr11L2 Healer
Mocskidoodle - rr7L1 Shaman

SKI SKI

old.Eyez

Can't get enough of FH
Daoc 8vs8 is still very much alive, most of the action takes place around 7GMT to 11GMT @ Agramon. Please feel free to drop by and donate some points!

Thehehehe

Mocske - rr11L1 barde
Mocskcha - rr11L4 Druide
Flopski - rr5L1 Nightshade
Moski - rr5 Warden

Mocski - rr11L Cleric
Moxski - rr5L Friar
Mocskii - rr5L1 Minstrel

Lootski - rr8L2 Spiritmaster
Badski - rr11L2 Healer
Mocskidoodle - rr7L1 Shaman

SKI SKI

Just a shame that it is mostly germans there are active 8vs8 and they dont wanna grp with other nations :whistle:

Dossi

Regular Freddie
Just a shame that it is mostly germans there are active 8vs8 and they dont wanna grp with other nations :whistle:

That's not completely accurate, I'm a tea drinker and play with 7 Germans which is a set group and when I'm not playing with them I tend to group with some yanks. If you join Irc and make some friends I'm sure its possible to get a decent group and compete on the isle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom