FG RvR with a BD in group?

R

-RG-Jaond

Anyone tested this?

Maybe remove the 3rd healer and take a bd in group?

Have been told bd is the only class with interuptable debuffs now? correct?

Lifetap, dd, interupt, pets etc sounds good to me :)

What you think?

T

Tasans

They fixed debuffs who are on the same timer as LT?

V

Vodor

we've been running with 2 tanks and a BD successfully the last couple of nights

D

duact

mumin once played bonehead with us and.... he got mezzed. .... he was mezzed.... he sucked and he died ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:)

P

piggeman

I've been playing with JH two night now. Mostly because they didn't have enough people to fill a FG, and that i'm in the same guild as them on prydwen. And imo we did quite well. But as the fotm guild they are, they would replace me as soon as they find another char suitable for my spot.

But anyways ...

When we meet a group of albs or hibs, most of them see me as a threat and the one that are easiest to kill. Therefor, it happened that i got the tank train on me. This is good, because:

- Keep dem tanks away from our support classes that are needed like our healers and shaman.
- When noone is attacking our healers, i can easerly tank 3-4 tanks with healer heals, my lt and my pets.
- And with 3-4 tanks on me, i can still interupt 2-3 of their healers with 2 insta interupt and pets.

I've also been playing a few random groups, with a warrior guarding me. Me like! :D

P

piggeman

Originally posted by duact
mumin once played bonehead with us and.... he got mezzed. .... he was mezzed.... he sucked and he died :)
Yeah, he suck. He give my char a bad name! :(

K

Kindar

i've been in a few random grps in odins and such...some had a bd along. Most are supp of course and can really annoy casters...dark seems ok too.

And as tank i don't mind the abs buff, which supp bds can put out :)

A

Asty

I think BDs could actually be good in groups, since they draw aggro and can keep it well, protecting healers. They also do good dmg with nuke+ lifetap

A

Asty

I think BDs could actually be good in groups, since they draw aggro and can keep it well, protecting healers. They also do good dmg with nuke+ lifetap

O

old.Lethul

Originally posted by duact
mumin once played bonehead with us and.... he got mezzed. .... he was mezzed.... he sucked and he died ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:)

stfu i keept that group on its feet!!!111111

H

horil

Originally posted by -RG-Jaond
Anyone tested this?

What you think?

I'm in to test it with my bd :D

P

piggeman

Originally posted by -RG-Jaond
Anyone tested this?

What you think?
BD do preform well in groups. The main reason why we still don't allow BD in group on this server, is because don't dare to try something new. We don't want to break up the mighty fotm grps with savages. But now when asd is nerfed, maybe more people should try this.

We might not do alot of damage.
We don't get that many deathspams in groups cos of this, so people keep saying that they are useless.
And we ware cloth so we die like casters.

But when looking from the good side of it:
I play defense with my BD. I do assist sometimes, but mostly i'm keepig my eyes on support/caster classes. By interupting enemy healers, the target that our assist train is hitting will not get that heal that he need to survive. Meaning he will die faster. And don't forget the 9% abs buff for all none-casters.

This is of course based on Supp BDs, I don't think Dark/BA spec have the same group friendlyness as the Supp spec.

I've been playing my BD for a while not, and I can say that i know my class pretty good. I can easy keep 2 healers interupted the whole fight. Even three if my pets is still alive. But many bonedancers out there might not know this class to its full use yet. Therefor they might not preform as good as the group want them to do. Which will end at all members of this group say BD suck and wont invite another one after that. Another misstake that i've seen many bonedancers do, is that they are all so fixed on their pets. They get free healers from their two or three healer pets. They put pets on passive, so they don't loose this free healing. Don't do that. Your group still have healers to do the healing. You job is to interupt. Send them on a healer class.

Don't forget. We (mid/exc) got lots of savages. Many are good, but at the same time we got lots of noob savages that don't have a single clue how to play it. Same thing goes with all chars in the whole game. The class might be good, but the guy behind the keyboard isn't, or the other way around.

When a BD die (userly first in group) it's not allways his fault. What was the healer doing?

Keep discussing this, and we'll see where it ends.

T

Twotosix

Absorb is one of the best buffs in the game i reckon :p Healers /shammies/warrior's in plate, svg's/zerk in chain. I've never seen tests to proove how much this buff pwns but I believe it does tbh ;p

B

bouh

Piggeman, ur pets r just mezzed, forget about them.
So u r like a regular caster but with insta interrupt. Additionally u provide abs buff to the rest of the grp.

Dont tell us stories here how u got 3 mydmidons on u and ur pets keep u alive :p

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Twotosix
Absorb is one of the best buffs in the game i reckon :p Healers /shammies/warrior's in plate, svg's/zerk in chain. I've never seen tests to proove how much this buff pwns but I believe it does tbh ;p

bd-bot @ mtk ^^

Z

zane

whatever, just give me group or somthing, running mmg-amg wihtout speed to get some leech rps is kinda timeconsuming, boring and... lonlely ... :rolleyes: Sometimes I even catch myself talking to my petsies but all they do is lagg ahead of me or run away for 10 mins ^^

P

piggeman

Originally posted by bouh
So u r like a regular caster but with insta interrupt. Additionally u provide abs buff to the rest of the grp.

Dont tell us stories here how u got 3 mydmidons on u and ur pets keep u alive :p
Didn't you red what i wrote? I just mentioned all that.

And no. BDs is not a regulare caster. Once again, scroll up and read the stuff o wrote again.

O

old.Lethul

/spacing huge

P

piggeman

I like to add something here:

Tonight i once again played with JH, cos one of their tanks left group. We were fighting an alb group in Odin's. I think it was FC, and we met them twice. This is what happened:

Round 1:
We met at hmg. I don't really know what happened. They might have been confused because JH suddenly had a BD in group. We manage to land first mezz. Our damage dealer was one savage, one warrior and one skald. They started taking out support classes, and i assisted and kept my eyes on their clerics. When they purge/mess wore out, i started what i do best - interupting.
Pet on one, insta on the other two. All alb tanks tried to kill our tanks and supporters. But as noone in their group got any heals, they started to die one by one. Some more albs added, about 3-4. No clerics among them.
Round one was over. All I really did was interupting their clerics. Rooted some tanks that aggroed our healers. And assisted when their clerics was dead. That's about it.
This could have been because they got confused because a BD was in group, as mentioned above.
9% Abs buff 4 teh win.

Round 2:
FC ported of course back to Odin's, to get their revenge. They probebly talked things over, because they had changed their tactics totally. We cought them all when they had just killed some random mids. We landed mezz. I interupted their mezzer and mumin got him down fast. They got out of mezz faster this time. Maybe purge ws up, maybe they had been mezzed before so they where immune. Now this is what they did. ALL tanks in the group came for me. Our warrior guarded me, as the tanks hitted me like crazy. Good guarding from our warrior and all our healers aggro-free, i stayed alive the whole fight. Five tanks hitting a cloth-caster. I kept doing what i did before. I kept interupting with my 1500 LT and Debuff. My pets got mezzed, so they didn't do much this fight. Mumin & Co killed their supporters one by one. And finally we hade only five tanks that still hitted on me. Without clerics, they dropped fast too. Round two was over.

Second fight was funny. But there was a back side. I took a huge amount of damage doing this. Our healers healed the entier fight. Shortly after round two, we suicided at atk. My isp crasched after this, so i couldn't scroll upp and see how much i got healed for. But i can tell you that i got healed for well over 20.000 hp all and all.
Heals from my LT, my pets, our healers, shaman and my TG vest procced several times.
Our healers burned all their power and used several potions to keep me alive.

Now ... who said BD suck in group? :)

B

bouh

piggeman, that isnt only my point of a view, that is a position formed by Mythic.

once again, u told us here perfect stories which started with "We landed mezz" or at least "They missed to land mezz".

R

Rulke-RM

piggeman, that isnt only my point of a view, that is a position formed by Mythic.

once again, u told us here perfect stories which started with "We landed mezz" or at least "They missed to land mezz".

C'mon, this is exioce we're talking about here, if he landed mezz it's only cos he spammed all 4 instas :/

Heals from my LT, my pets, our healers, shaman and my TG vest procced several times.

Lies :/

B

bouh

i mean if ur enemies r mezzed then any dmg maker is just uber.

get a thane, a hunter and a sb into grp, mezz enemies, let them assist and look what happens.
But dont make a post like "omg thane dmg output is out of limits", "hunters back stun must be nerfed asap" or something like this.

the conclusion is that bd is just another no deter class which could be very useful if deter gets nerfed.

R

rg-zorena

Originally posted by piggeman
Now ... who said BD suck in group? :)
ok bouh if you get jumped with bc and loose mezz how offen do you win and how offen do you loose, sometimes you are able to turn the fight 1healer purges and demezz etc but i also thought that perfect isnt a bd but then again, setup changes over time due to changes in patches and other realm grp setup... but really what does bonedancers give to a group you might think well 3things imo..
1. best interrupter atm 1 pet on 1druid/cleric
2. absorb buff
3. another target out of the 8 i meen after you get a bd in group your enemys will realize that they can choose from killing either healer healer healer shaman or bonedancer and if they dont kill bonedancer their support will suffer alot i meen intupted with 300 dmg is kinda annoying.

I played my bard and when meeting everlast, I couldn't heal couldn't mezz unless i singel insta messed bonedancer and by that time i found myself mezzed by healer.

P

piggeman

... or they never got the chanse to mezz.

B

bouh

a skilled bd > random deter tank
a skilled rm > random deter tank

that is

P

piggeman

i mean if ur enemies r mezzed then any dmg maker is just uber.

get a thane, a hunter and a sb into grp, mezz enemies, let them assist and look what happens.
But dont make a post like "omg thane dmg output is out of limits", "hunters back stun must be nerfed asap" or something like this.

the conclusion is that bd is just another no deter class which could be very useful if deter gets nerfed.
Once again you are missing my point.

I'm not saying that with a BD in group, midgård will have a new fotm group.
My point is that BD do give something to a help group.
Yes, you could easerly pick a better class instead of a BD.
So once again i have to ask you to scroll up and read what i wrote one more time. Or do you want me to Quote myself?

Originally posted by piggeman
I've been playing with JH two night now. Mostly because they didn't have enough people to fill a FG, and that i'm in the same guild as them on prydwen. And imo we did quite well. But as the fotm guild they are, they would replace me as soon as they find another char suitable for my spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom