Ffxii

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
anyone bought this yet(its out later today, apparently) if so, what do you think?

and please if your discussing the plot use spoilers, dont spoil it for those who don't wish to read

leggy

Probably Scottish
Not bought it yet but I plan to. My 360 was returned to me 2 days ago (after repair) and I just bought Okami so I don't know if I'll wait until next month or not.

Looks awesome though. Had a quick go with the battle system in HMV. It'll take a while to get used to but I love a bit of originality.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
how is the battle system? i read that they changed it... but cant figure out from SS how it works(cause im downloading an infeasible amount of torrents, streaming a preview isn't an option)

is it still turn based? or is it like KH?

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
i should have checked the forums(gamespot specifically) they say okami is better...

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
Okami and FFXII are 2 very differnt games. Okami is more like Zelda, where as FFFXII is more like an MMO, but off line. Its kinda like a Tale's of ...... game that namco used to do, but in 3D. I like it, though im still running about solo.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Okami and FFXII are 2 very differnt games. Okami is more like Zelda, where as FFFXII is more like an MMO, but off line. Its kinda like a Tale's of ...... game that namco used to do, but in 3D. I like it, though im still running about solo.

symphonia, i have that... kinda sucked imo...

witch are you comparing it to:-/

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
well theres a few all called tales of ....., RPGS done by namco. Personaly there not bad for the era they were made for, i have Tales of destiny on the PSP. What i mean mostly is the combats kinda like there combat but in 3d. Another good comparason is MMO combat, but with a FF twist. Realy download a vid, its easyer to see then :)

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I just bought it, got home, and my ps2 is refusing to read DVD discs, and giving me a Disc Read Error for CDs. Fan-fucking-tastic.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
I just bought it, got home, and my ps2 is refusing to read DVD discs, and giving me a Disc Read Error for CDs. Fan-fucking-tastic.

Open it up and clean it. That's what I did when GT4 started fuckin' about. Warranty was long since dead, anyway.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
The combat works by purchasing or acquiring gambits. These are specific commands you can cue up for your characters whether they're the leader or not.
e.g. if a team mate's health is below 30% cast heal on them. If a monster has 100% then Steal from them. Target the mob with least health etc etc.

You can prioritise them and buy additional slots to stack more conditional commands. It works really well but does take a while to get into. you can spends AGES configuring your characters before a boss battle and it gives a real sense of satisfaction when you've done it.

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
I bought it last week but i've only had time to play for a couple of hours. So far i like the style of the game, i also like the way a lot of it is story based so far. The thing i hate though is the new combat system, i find the fact that you can move while attacking pointless. I much prefer the turn based system.

I'm at the part just after getting the magicite crystal from the treasury. I was walking through the sewers with the two other characters and came across 5 mobs, 2 on my level and 3 slightly lower down. I went to attack the 2 on my level but one of my party decided to shoot one of the ones lower down also, so i ended up being attacked by 5 mobs. Needless to say i died very quickly. That's the only part i really dislike about the game so far, i much prefered the old style of turn based combat, being able to take your time deciding what you want to use. I'll just have to get used to this new system i suppose :(

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I like moving when attacking to regen MP :)

I think I do prefer turn based, but I absolutely LOVE not having to transition between travel mode / combat mode for random encounters. The game flows soooo much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom