Ffs

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Only been watching the football for 10 mins and want to scream. Sounds like there is a wasp flying around my head, are they gonna keep those horns (or whatever they are) going constantly?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Only been watching the football for 10 mins and want to scream. Sounds like there is a wasp flying around my head, are they gonna keep those horns (or whatever they are) going constantly?

Only 95 hours 30 minutes to go. :( (plus stopages, injury time, extra time and penalties)

/em shoots himself repeatedly in the ear drums

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I heard that if you are on the ground you will suffer from permanent hearing damage after just 15 minutes if you are not wearing ear plugs!

South Africa will be deaf within a month :D

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Its shit, I hope it's not so bad for other nations games otherwise it will end up ruining the world cup.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
You mean fan stuff? Banging stuff, clapping, being a monkey?+

I think the fans at the world cup are all given free blow horns as they enter the stadium and they basically all blow into them constantly for the whole 90 minutes. It's very annoying.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I think the fans at the world cup are all given free blow horns as they enter the stadium and they basically all blow into them constantly for the whole 90 minutes. It's very annoying.

Yeah the video kinda confirmed it too.

Those are annoying, along with anything except shouting ye ol fashioned way and stomping feet(think it's the bass that's soothing).

I bet..hmm...ask your GFs to watch and ask if it's annoying? Women tend to respond to higher pitch tones differently. To men a crying baby is annoying :p

I usually tune those out, but i watch hockey more then footie, so i don't have much experience on how easily one can accustom to it.

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
I like it. Brings something different to this World Cup. Something no other nation could bring, once you get used to it and can tune it out so your not focusing on listening to it then you are fine.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
complaining about atmosphere is just lol, much better than a dull quiet match anyday.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Sounds like a swarm of hornets crossed with bagpipes.

It won't bother me because it won't be on my TV.
AT ALL.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I cant stand it, but if i focus on the football it's just a dull noise in the background.

Edit:- oh yeh, it was South Africa playing so they all had them. When England play you have the bands who come along so i think it will be less pronounced etc

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
we'll see what its like in the france - uruguay game.

they were an annoying constant background dirge in the SA game though :(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
ROFL

I was riding down Green Lanes this morning and a shop was selling em. Some bloke was walking randomly down the street blowing it. You could see the people on their phones covering one ear & glowering at the bloke

I'm gonna get me one

They're supposed to be louder than a pneumatic drill

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
story8c2c071507305996e18a778d86ab7b83.jpg

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
ROFL

I was riding down Green Lanes this morning and a shop was selling em. Some bloke was walking randomly down the street blowing it. You could see the people on their phones covering one ear & glowering at the bloke

I'm gonna get me one

They're supposed to be louder than a pneumatic drill

Where abouts on Green Lanes? i live on Green Lanes. So i can buy one and hang out my window

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I said exactly the same thing about that fucking noise, it really got on my nerves.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
South Africa's one chance to show itself off to the world and they do this.
They'll never give them the Olympics..ever, or anything else for that matter.

They're nailing every stereotype ever thrown their way.

The President needs to issue a ban or this will reside in peoples memory for decades.
Worst World Cup EVAH!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Where abouts on Green Lanes? i live on Green Lanes. So i can buy one and hang out my window

can't remember the name of the shop
was on the west side of the road somewhere between Falkland Rd & St Ann's Rd
looked like a pound shop
plenty of similar looking scruffy shops down there
they all look the same

Edit: whats the best place down there for a kebab? Its Turkey Town down there & I hear its the BEST place in London for kebabs

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
They're nailing every stereotype ever thrown their way.

Yeah i've always said that africans are hornblowers, that's the first thing anyone ever says when talking about africa.

"Been to south africa jim?"
"Nah, i bet it's full of people blowing horns."

Shameful, that stereotype was SO close to dying off and this just enforced it.

*cough*

Yeah.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
problem with them is they swamp all the other stadium noise. theres none of the build up of sound as an attack builds followed by ooh's and aah's as it hits the post etc..

its just 90 minutes of

paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The term 'LAZY FUCKIN N****S' is derived from the French for 'Lazy fuckin hornblowers'.

I was thinking more of the tribal chanting, 'Iz got a biggah gang dan u' mentality
that haunts the more basic parts of Africa.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
can't remember the name of the shop
was on the west side of the road somewhere between Falkland Rd & St Ann's Rd
looked like a pound shop
plenty of similar looking scruffy shops down there
they all look the same

Edit: whats the best place down there for a kebab? Its Turkey Town down there & I hear its the BEST place in London for kebabs

Get up to Turnpike lane and there is a lush kebab shop on the left next to catch 22

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom