FFs whats with the lag

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
I also have probs in the Lab.

Seems fine every where else, including New Frontiers on the Lotm client.

Yet in Lab it is shocking - today I eventually gave up and moved my toons out of there.

Got P4 3ghz, 2gb ram, geforce 6600gt.

Usually play 1280 1024 on main 800 600 on bb. Dropped main down to lowest settings as well as putting it to 800 600 but nothing helped. Tried other bits and bobs too.

I know its slightly out of date spec but dont want to have to buy any more upgrades just to play in Lab :(
Your setup should run just fine imo. People say the lab client runs better than the dr one but i dont agree with that at all. ToA is still the smoothest client for sure. Everything after that is just crap.

Its an old game i know and the gfx engine is probably made on windows 98 or something back in the stone age. Some small updates have been done after that but it sure seems that it needs a lot of redoing to make it up to date with all the different and new hardware/software thats been coming on the market since daoc was made.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
My new computer is uber smooth on the LotM client, but I'd expect it to be.

My laptop will run LotM more smoothly in Camelot than Cats client (though it still crashes there occasionally, and about once every 4 hours elsewhere if on a large raid). Haven't tried it much in the Labyrinth, but seemed ok. Will have to try it.

Both machines have 2Gb ram. Laptop is X300 graphics, PC is 9700GTX.

Darzil

Sarsean

Fledgling Freddie
Yea tried this one as well but it doesnt do much at all. Theres obviously some kind of memory leaks or similar because even if you get it to run with dual cores you still get low fps in many parts of the game. And thats without a zerg around.

Tried the dual core patch out tonite in labby and i didn't get ld's or lost target which is a major improvement. Even with the mid/hib zergs it was holding out quite well. But as you said, the framerate is quite low in labby and in some places it feels 'sticky'. I never had any problems with DR even dual logged.

I have a AMD64 Dual core 4.6g, 8800GTS, Striped SATA RAID and 2g memory and one would expect this to run pretty well. I even tried a dual 6800GS SLI with the same problems. Latest MB and NVidia drivers. If you find a solution I would like to hear.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
More reading Flim! Anyways if people with spec's like that can't run the game normally, somethings fishy imo.

runs fine on mine and its way lower spec :p yellow fps triangle with 6fg in view, green otherwise.

I'm only running the one account though...

The lab has a lot of polygons in the hub + high res textures (ala new camelot textures...) which means it will be laggier than outside... but it should still be playable on the rigs people are saying here...

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
The lab has a lot of polygons in the hub + high res textures (ala new camelot textures...) which means it will be laggier than outside... but it should still be playable on the rigs people are saying here...
Yea but i could like fit the whole game in the memory of my graphics card so that shouldnt be a problem ;p

Im not gonna bother with this anymore, its just the way it is and to expect that Mythic would do anything about it on a 5 year old game wont happened thats for sure.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I trust you folks have the standard tweaks to improve loading times from disk applied ? Stuff like having real time anti-virus skipping the Camelot directory?

I tend not to suffer those bottlenecks due having a raid 0 raptor array (because I've seen in the past that hard drive loading speed tends to be more of an issue in these areas than graphics processing).

Darzil

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
I trust you folks have the standard tweaks to improve loading times from disk applied ? Stuff like having real time anti-virus skipping the Camelot directory?

I tend not to suffer those bottlenecks due having a raid 0 raptor array (because I've seen in the past that hard drive loading speed tends to be more of an issue in these areas than graphics processing).

Darzil
Clean install of xp with nvidia nforce 4 raid 0 configuration... So yea its np there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom