FFs whats with the lag

fiire

Fledgling Freddie
I have a good pc good memory good graphics card so what the fook is whith the stupid arse lag in laby its unplayable and dont tell me its memory of some shit this is just stupid. This game shouldnt need a state of the art pc toplay it, anyone else havin this trouble

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
I have a good pc good memory good graphics card so what the fook is whith the stupid arse lag in laby its unplayable and dont tell me its memory of some shit this is just stupid. This game shouldnt need a state of the art pc toplay it, anyone else havin this trouble

system spec might help people help you m8 might be a FX card known problem i havent had the problem with this new client but have help a few in /as that have

but try the following anyway
software
make sure your running directx 9.C(or the latest one if your reading this in the future)

defrag your hard drive
update all your drivers one by one and i dont just mean your fx card i mean all your mobo, soundcard, INC, modem/router etc
check for bios updates
check for firmware upgrades

make sure you dont have any back ground updates running ie antivirus windows etc

make sure cammy has released it memory it had a nasty habbit of leaking memory and processor time

hardware/software
have a harddrive just for daoc and other games on 2nd IDE channel
if you cant do that make a partition with just cammy on and about 6gig free space

hardware
make sure you have at least 1gig of memory (try to get 2.2.2 dd ram with the max clock speed you can get for your board)
go in to your cmos setting and make sure your CSA vaule is set to the correct setting (or maybe try and over clcok your ram if you know what to do while your in there) make sure your ram has good bus speed and a reasonable cache
make sure your fx card is up to the job, infact make sure you meet recomemed spec plus 25%
(daocs minimum and recomended need to be looked at badly tbh, there no way on earth you will touch a captial city or rvr with the minimum spec)
try geting a ramdrive (an phiscal drive would be bets but if you have enough memory a virutal ram drive may work)

other than that it just stuff i've said before you can see most of it in webby here

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
system spec might help people help you m8 might be a FX card known problem i havent had the problem with this new client but have help a few in /as that have

but try the following anyway
software
make sure your running directx 9.C(or the latest one if your reading this in the future)

defrag your hard drive
update all your drivers one by one and i dont just mean your fx card i mean all your mobo, soundcard, INC, modem/router etc
check for bios updates
check for firmware upgrades

make sure you dont have any back ground updates running ie antivirus windows etc

hardware/software
have a harddrive just for daoc and other games on 2nd IDE channel
if you cant do that make a partition with just cammy on and about 6gig free space

hardware
make sure you have at least 1gig of memory (try to get 2.2.2 dd ram with the max clock speed you can get for your board)
go in to your cmos setting and make sure your CSA vaule is set to the correct setting (or maybe try and over clcok your ram if you know what to do while your in there) make sure your ram has good bus speed and a reasonable cache
try geting a ramdrive (an phiscal drive would be bets but if you have enough memory a virutal ram drive may work)

other than that it just stuff i've said before you can see most of it in webby here

The lag is inherent to the labarinth, ie. it isnt there in NF. Not exactly sure why it is zo laggy (prolly because of the big zone), but a lot of people have it.

And before you give out advise's like, bios update's and cmos settings you might warn them for the consequense's when things go wrong there.

Pio

One of Freddy's beloved
Ye I have a shit hot pc 3800 Dual core overclocked by 400mhz 7800GT 2gig ram and I get 20fps on max settings when in NF i usually get 60 upwards

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
The lag is inherent to the labarinth, ie. it isnt there in NF. Not exactly sure why it is zo laggy (prolly because of the big zone), but a lot of people have it.
it not big classic toa and SI are all bigger
And before you give out advise's like, bios update's and cmos settings you might warn them for the consequense's when things go wrong there.
sorry did i tell him how to do it ?
i said try the following hence he needs to go away and read how to do it and if he does then any site that has anything to do with firmware has warning to back it up first and 90% of modern firmware are reflash able even if it goes screwy.

Ye I have a shit hot pc 3800 Dual core overclocked by 400mhz 7800GT 2gig ram and I get 20fps on max settings when in NF i usually get 60 upwards
dont lag in there at all and that dual booted bar with 100albs on stick and then i drops to 34 fps which was still playable (its no more than toa zones )

ps
when you have 8gig of ram 2.2.2 and a 8gig ramdisk on raid0
i-RAM-test-050930-04.jpg

image of iramdisks and crossfire cards

two ati 1950 on crossfire then call your system shit hot but 2gig is good not shit hot

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
thergador said:
it not big classic toa and SI are all bigger

sorry did i tell him how to do it ?
i said try the following hence he needs to go away and read how to do it and if he does then any site that has anything to do with firmware has warning to back it up first and 90% of modern firmware are reflash able even if it goes screwy.

No you didnt, all you said whas check for a bios update. The fact that you assume someone will go and read about the howto is dangerous enough! 90% of the firmware might be reflashable, but if you flash your bios and things go wrong...
Anyways isnt the lab the biggest zone ever made in a mmorpg or something like that (i'm sure i've read it somewhere)? Still is strange why people don't have issue's in NF or the other zone's. Mebbe its got something todo with the rendering in the lab.

thergador said:
dont lag in there at all and that dual booted bar with 100albs on stick and then i drops to 34 fps which was still playable (its no more than toa zones )

Wtf 100 albs ^^.

p.s. Still on a Dual Pentium 3 (1.126mhz) with 1gig of mem, rawking with SDRAM at 150mhz. :fluffle:

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
No you didnt, all you said whas check for a bios update. The fact that you assume someone will go and read about the howto is dangerous enough! 90% of the firmware might be reflashable, but if you flash your bios and things go wrong...
well think they might have picked out that they should read up or not do it now dont you :)

Anyways isnt the lab the biggest zone ever made in a mmorpg or something like that (i'm sure i've read it somewhere)?
biggest dungeon yes biggest zone no.

Still is strange why people don't have issue's in NF or the other zone's. Mebbe its got something todo with the rendering in the lab.
might have alot to do with the way the game works with it though ie if your under the hub you still get every bit of info thats above and below your location heance why you get relics locations for those not on the same lvl but thats got little to do with rendering or a simple fx card booost would solve the problem.

Wtf 100 albs ^^.
p.s. Still on a Dual Pentium 3 (1.126mhz) with 1gig of mem, rawking with SDRAM at 150mhz. :fluffle:
yes (1st attempt at unlocking the mauler at 18relics) 100 albs with names of and full fx + hibs amd mids ofc is about where i see the drop in fps but even with 200albs + enemy it stay around the same fps (remember that some systems run at about 34 80% of the time)
id bet my left nut you cant do that with those specs

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
thergador said:
might have alot to do with the way the game works with it though ie if your under the hub you still get every bit of info thats above and below your location heance why you get relics locations for those not on the same lvl but thats got little to do with rendering or a simple fx card booost would solve the problem.

Ye, ie. it has to load the whole dungeon. Considering it has a lot of tubes and big halls with flashy stuff in it + the people that play in there.
On the otherhand it could be that its gfx brand related (Ati or nVidia).

thergador said:
yes (1st attempt at unlocking the mauler at 18relics) 100 albs with names of and full fx + hibs amd mids ofc is about where i see the drop in fps but even with 200albs + enemy it stay around the same fps (remember that some systems run at about 34 80% of the time)
id bet my left nut you cant do that with those specs

You might be carefull on what you bet your left nut on. 200+albs is doable for me with those spec (ati x1650 gfx card btw) in any zone, but the lab tbh. I've done the ml's steps on my infil with 200albs in the bg with no problem at all :|
In the lab i get max ~15fps, but i have hade 3fps at the crossroads with 1 fg mids and 1fg albs there (will check on how bad it is on avalon).
Think i get ~35fps in NF and otherzone's btw, which is enough for me (yeye i know the hardcore gamer wants atleast 60fps).

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Try lwoering the ingame res see it it can fix the problem. Just a temp solution however.

Lab runs fine for a few hours after I've rebooted my 4yr old comp. And I run in 1600x1200, but without any shadows cause thats just silly eye candy. =((

othmaar

Fledgling Freddie
I am running on a socket 478 P4@3.3GHz (Prescott), 2GB RAM a single 250GB (SATAII) and a 7600GS (fanless, AGPx8). All eyecandy is on, far clipplane self shadows only. The system is a relatively fresh install of XP Pro with Norton and an idle IIS running in the background. No weird stuff installed. Just a few games and the OS, all fully upgraded. My ping is roughly around 250 to the server.

I have no problems with fps, and only slight inclag in both labby and NF. During ML raids I set spell effects to group only, but it is not strictly necessary.

I recently upgraded from 1GB to 2GB RAM and from a gimped FX5200 card to the 7600GS. That made a tremendous difference. I should mention that the 7600 card gives amazing bang for the buck.

My system is founded on 2-3 year old tech. So if you have a higher specced system and still have problems the issues are most likely local network performance and software problems.

EDIT: Tip: Use native resolution for your monitor, even if it is higher than you currently use it may increase performance quiet a bit.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Odd , Zeus has a feckin monster PC compard to mine and the lab is fine for me tbh. The onlytime it ever jerks is when enemies are incoming and thats only for like 1 second, but i get that above ground too :D

Maybe im just uber and all that :p

snoepie

Fledgling Freddie
i'm running lab on a P4 , 1.8Ghz and 700 odd ram , dunno what u lot are crying about tbh :p

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Dual Core Athlon 3800 with 1.5gb memory and a 512mb geforce agp card, running at 1280x1024 with full details - no lag for me :)

pinkey

Fledgling Freddie
Only time i got any lag in there is when we had 100 albs in bg for the relics but my computer isn't that hot anyway tbh.

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
i'm running lab on a P4 , 1.8Ghz and 700 odd ram , dunno what u lot are crying about tbh :p

1.66 768 odd ram and the only lag i get is on inc .

ofc i should consider a format for the last 2 years , im still on considering . . .

Davejohnson

Banned
lots of bs in this thread :p

"1.66 768 odd ram and the only lag i get is on inc ." for example. what do you consider lag? anything below 10fps or what?

Nate

FH is my second home
I'm guessing the reason people get more lag in lab is because everything is piled on top of each other. When you run to the hub you probably are in clip range of the other 4? or however many levels there are in the lab. This is why you don't get so much lag in NF/any other zone, no other zone/dungeon has been made this way to this extreme.

Try setting the Clip Range down, you most likely don't need it as it's all pretty close range for whats in LOS in the dungeon.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
I'm guessing the reason people get more lag in lab is because everything is piled on top of each other. When you run to the hub you probably are in clip range of the other 4? or however many levels there are in the lab. This is why you don't get so much lag in NF/any other zone, no other zone/dungeon has been made this way to this extreme.

Try setting the Clip Range down, you most likely don't need it as it's all pretty close range for whats in LOS in the dungeon.
the clip range thing might work but your system is still going to get the data but it will not try to render it thus i think the problem will still be there but if peeps are lagging it might be worth a try

ps there not half as much lag on mythics servers so might even be something to do with goa's server or they way they have installed it

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
might depend what resolution you're running in - my main machine only runs in 1024x768, 2 gig of ram 3200+ athlon (single core) and a geforce 6800GS - nothing too fancy, a good machine for a year or two ago.

It runs fine in the labyrinth.

Meanwhile I hear complaints from people with 4 gig monsters who are playing in a slideshow.

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
wtf ???

i got p2@333mhz and ati rage pro with 256mb ram and got 90 fps on laby ;o

Attachments

• sshot000.JPG
    sshot000.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 57

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
Dual Core Athlon 3800 with 1.5gb memory and a 512mb geforce agp card, running at 1280x1024 with full details - no lag for me :)
I also have this CPU but with an Asus 8800GTX PCIx16 with 768MB of memory. And ive been having loads of problems with lag. Especially in Lab around the HUB. Im no expert but it sure does seem that DAoC does not support dual cores at all. Sure it will run but it also creates problems sometimes. This is normally fixed by setting the game.dll to just run on one core. This helps yes but it sure sucks imo. I wish Mythic would go through their game engine and update it so that it does support all sorts of setups (Vista / Dual Core / 64 bit OS etc).

Ive done ALOT to try to fix my slide show in hub but so far i have no solution to it. Reformat, newest drivers, all kinds of tweaks (www.hardforum.com) havent helped at all.

I still use ToA client when i dont have to use other clients and this is a shame tbh since my computer sure as hell is capable of a lot more. Almost 8000 in 3DMark06 tells me that. This is not a huge score but its pretty darn good for a single graphics card setup.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
1 gig ram on a non memory hungry system is really the min. 1 gig on a winxp system with all sorts of fancy tasks (msn, virus scanner, spy ware scanner, jade jade jade) running and taking over 250meg ram will slow you computer a lot. 768 mb ram with xp means you`ll have someting like 512 mb available, which is not enough.

i wouldn`t try run daoc on vista with less than 1.5 GB

i got 1 gig ram, but run on a stripped win 2k (windows takes less than 90 meg ram) and i run on an amd sempron 3000 ( only 1.8 ghz) with an ati 9600.

i find my frame rate more than acceptable.

other performance optimizing factors include putting the swap file from windows, on a seperate a) partition. 2 gb partition for swap file only ensures that there never occurs fragmentation of the swapfile.

b) putting the swap file (partition) on a physical different hard disk on a seperate ide/sata controler than the windows/game install. ensures that no extra performance loss is created when data has to be swapped and read/writen from the same device/cabble/controler.

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
1 gig ram on a non memory hungry system is really the min. 1 gig on a winxp system with all sorts of fancy tasks (msn, virus scanner, spy ware scanner, jade jade jade) running and taking over 250meg ram will slow you computer a lot. 768 mb ram with xp means you`ll have someting like 512 mb available, which is not enough.
I have 768MB of ram on my graphics card dude.. Got 2GB regular ram running winxp pro.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
What res are you running on Amiga?

Might be worth reinstalling the latest drivers etc. etc.? (mobo drivers, graphics card drivers, directx) incase they've not installed properly before.

Sarsean

Fledgling Freddie
I also have this CPU but with an Asus 8800GTX PCIx16 with 768MB of memory. And ive been having loads of problems with lag. Especially in Lab around the HUB. Im no expert but it sure does seem that DAoC does not support dual cores at all. Sure it will run but it also creates problems sometimes. This is normally fixed by setting the game.dll to just run on one core. This helps yes but it sure sucks imo. I wish Mythic would go through their game engine and update it so that it does support all sorts of setups (Vista / Dual Core / 64 bit OS etc).

Ive done ALOT to try to fix my slide show in hub but so far i have no solution to it. Reformat, newest drivers, all kinds of tweaks (www.hardforum.com) havent helped at all.

I still use ToA client when i dont have to use other clients and this is a shame tbh since my computer sure as hell is capable of a lot more. Almost 8000 in 3DMark06 tells me that. This is not a huge score but its pretty darn good for a single graphics card setup.

I have a similar setup to yours and similar problems. I've tried this AMD Dual-Core Optimiser http://www.amd.com/gb-uk/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html fix but still need to test it in labby.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
What res are you running on Amiga?

Might be worth reinstalling the latest drivers etc. etc.? (mobo drivers, graphics card drivers, directx) incase they've not installed properly before.

Amiga said:

More reading Flim! Anyways if people with spec's like that can't run the game normally, somethings fishy imo.

Adrianicus

Loyal Freddie
I also have probs in the Lab.

Seems fine every where else, including New Frontiers on the Lotm client.

Yet in Lab it is shocking - today I eventually gave up and moved my toons out of there.

Got P4 3ghz, 2gb ram, geforce 6600gt.

Usually play 1280 1024 on main 800 600 on bb. Dropped main down to lowest settings as well as putting it to 800 600 but nothing helped. Tried other bits and bobs too.

I know its slightly out of date spec but dont want to have to buy any more upgrades just to play in Lab :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom