Football ffs sparky

- English -

Resident Freddy
why would you leave blackburn, a team you have built for the last 3 years and is pushing for europe for some shitty scum team which ruins your chances of ever managing united if you manage their rivals....

theory someone?;/

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Bigger budget ?

At the moment it's mostly speculation anyway, i wouldn't take it too seriously, look at the amount of managers Chelsea have been set linked with and later the story rubbished.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Silly move, going to a mickey mouse club with a mickey mouse owner. He will be sacked in less than 2 years, mark my words.

eksdee

FH is my second home
stupid move if he goes. makes no sense at all.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
I'm guessing he already knows he's lost Bentley, and he'd rather be at a club where he's got a chance of keeping his good players?

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Bigger club , better support , bigger budget and ofc the crucial factor in football now.....

BIGGER PAY CHEQUE.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Bigger club , better support , bigger budget and ofc the crucial factor in football now.....

BIGGER PAY CHEQUE.

bigger maybe, not better though. Blackburn can't just throw money at the manager like City are gonna do.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I bet he has gone for the money throw some cash around and try for a CL spot. He said something about the offer made it the best job in europe better than Chel$ki at least :) I would not have though he would go to city as there was alot of talk he was gonna replace furgie not sure man u fans would want the city manager.

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Its just a higher level to test himself on. Theres always the dream of taking your team higher and higher every season, but there must come a time where you plateau due to the resources available. City just give him the next step. But I agree, I dont think he'll be there long. The owner seems to demand instant success, Real Madrid style. And they change their manager every other season! :D

Marc

FH is my second home
He has taken Blackburn as far as they can go. They have no money, their crowds are so abysmal they have reduced their season ticket prices to less than some championship clubs to get the punters in.

At City, he is at a club that has money to spend, and as a club, can attract better players than blackburn can. Its a no brainer really

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
I would not have though he would go to city as there was alot of talk he was gonna replace furgie not sure man u fans would want the city manager.

I'm not sure how much faith I put in the stories of him replacing fergie tho. Do you think United in 2 years will appoint someone with no champions league experience with the success they demand?

I know they stuck with Fergie through thick and thin, but football really has moved on from those days. With the current debts and huge amount of money flying around, a bad season for United could really put them in trouble.. Just look at Leeds for an example. If he really does want to manage united at some point I think he needs to prove he can take a side to the champions league and compete there. Blackburn arn't a club that he can do that with.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Not a great sign IMO that Ronaldinho and Jo are both practically being forced on Sparky already.

I can smell the undermining from mr corrupt thailand from here.

- English -

Resident Freddy
He has taken Blackburn as far as they can go. They have no money, their crowds are so abysmal they have reduced their season ticket prices to less than some championship clubs to get the punters in.

At City, he is at a club that has money to spend, and as a club, can attract better players than blackburn can. Its a no brainer really

Blackburn isn't even classed as a City(even though it has a cathedral(its the only "town" to have a cathedral and not be classed as a city because it is so small)), so to field 20k attendance every week is quite good imo.

hopefully shearer will take charge

ill cry if allardyce or mclown gets it ;/

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I bet he has gone for the money throw some cash around and try for a CL spot. He said something about the offer made it the best job in europe better than Chel$ki at least :) I would not have though he would go to city as there was alot of talk he was gonna replace furgie not sure man u fans would want the city manager.

Quieroz will replace fergie, and rightly so, the man is responsible for much since his return from madrid.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
It's all about the money unfortunately and when you get the chance for a bigger budget as well, it's all good from a team assembly point of view. Just can't see him staying for more then 2 years though sadly due to their new fangled 'kick up while they're do'...no wait, 'kick them while they're... up?'.

I dunno anymore. Doubt it'll ruin his career though.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Not a great sign IMO that Ronaldinho and Jo are both practically being forced on Sparky already.

I can smell the undermining from mr corrupt thailand from here.

There are a lot worse players to be forced on you to be fair

kirennia

Part of the furniture
There are a lot worse players to be forced on you to be fair

Guess shevchenko would be in that catagory ;) Although with ronaldinohos recent health, he isn't going to be a great asset. He's linked with other clubs as well though so probably wont happen.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Shevchenko is worth the 30million just for the amount of ownage i use him for on PES2008 :D

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Shevchenko is worth the 30million just for the amount of ownage i use him for on PES2008 :D

There were a lot better on there though; can't drag up my all star team info now though... would take too long, heh. Adriano, Ballack and anyonelse with a ridiculously hard shot but not great accuracy are awesome on it though :D

megadave

I am a FH squatter
scored a free kick from within my own half this week with adriano, went straight through the goalies hands \o>

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
I think he's come to City just to continue building his portfolio. Our team will either become secure top half finishers over the next few years. Or, if Thaksin ends up in a Thai prison and the money stops, we'll be relegation fodder once more. So Hughes can either get himself the name for being an astute manager who secured relative success for a club starved of any success, or be counted blameless when it all goes horribly wrong when the owner is banged up. It's a safe bet with a good paycheck, and promises of high investment, and build up his portfolio a little more, he's a great manager but atm his CV isn't packed because he's only had a few management gigs.

I'm not keen on the move of 'dinho. I think it's extremely unlikely he'd come to Man City, and if he did, his wage demands etc would unsettle other players. Better to keep a team than bend over backwards to keep one player. Jo however i think would be extremely good for us, even if he's only with us a couple of seasons. I don't like the fact these transfers are board driven....little too much Abramovic style for me, but at least Hughes seems to be enthusiastic about it anyway. Other transfers should be left to him without our favourite Thai dictator interfering though.

As for the United link, i think Hughes knew he wasn't likely to get it and Carlos Q was the likely candidate, so he didn't wanna turn down a wage packet like that in the hopes that one day Man U would appoint him. He's got decades in management ahead of him, so eventually he could even end up there again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom