"FFS 1 Button class!!!" posts

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
There have been a lot of whining about the whole "1 button 4tewin" simplified fotm classes such as shadowzerkers, bonedancers, infils to some extent... I agree with the bonedancer whine that they really don't need to worry an awful lot about running out of hp if they just press lifetap a lot.... but I've noticed that no one's ever mentioned archers as a 1 button class lol.

I can understand that archers are hardly fotm right now and arent as powerul as the other 1 button classes but surely they're the most "1 button" class there is...
I can't count how many times I've been able to get kills simply by camping somewhere, waiting for someone to pass by and then holding down the bow button, watching them dance around confused until they're dead lol.. And surely thats a true one button fortehwin thing if there's ever been one.
Ofc there are other buttons archers press.. like for instance with scouts sometimes they will crit shot or slam, or press IP but they seem to be the most 1 button of all classes, even if it doesnt give them so much of an advantage over fotm'ers...

Hargh

Fledgling Freddie
Surely 3 buttons for archer:

1 - Stealth
2 - Critshot
3 - Bow

Altho soon for hunters there will be

4 - Call of the hounds

and

5- Sprint away from infil.

:)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
BD's arent 1 button classes!

they nuke and lifetap at same time ffs :p

anyway im late and shouldnt be posting :/

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
including a craftbar and a seigebar I have errr... 10 full quickbars :eek6:

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Bishibosh said:
100 buttons "fortehwin" then :)
well.. not to mention all the other buttons which aren't quickbar'd :x

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Scouts and other archers can be forced to use other abbilities than only the bow, they can be easily interrupted like any other caster...The people you have killed that way prob. dont know what /face for is, if its a caster they dont know how to use quickcast, if its a melee they dont know how to use engage, if its any other class they dont know how to use either their insta interrupts or to run away :p

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
if its a melee they dont know how to use engage,

Lol you don't need to.. After researching the subject Mythic scientists concluded that large shields have a 467% block rate vs arrows. Engage takes this up to 713% though so just to be safe i guess.

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Most classes can be played one button stylee. Its down to laziness or ineptitude, depending on the player.

Most people that slag off bonedancers and others haven't played them, or have played them to lvl10 or something and think they know everything there is to know about them - and not all bonedancers are Sup spec ;)
Not many people know that Bonedancers are the ultimate aid to kiting, if you use some of the little used skills. Stuff like that which you only learn by actually playing a class or grouping with a class instead of jumping on a bandwagon to take a poke at others.

Pallies are an Any-button class. Saturday night I'd had a few beers and decided while grouped just to press random buttons on my quickbar each pull.

Still did its job twisting and various slam type things done.

Scary really :D

Asharith

Loyal Freddie
well inf is harder to play then ANY tank .. so there must be allot of 1 button classes ingame :confused:

Asharith

Loyal Freddie
Bonedancers however use 1-2 buttons but thats not the point .. they are also the easier to play since it requires no skill at all just lock on target and spam lifetap and hoep they fuckup :eek: ..

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
yadda yadda yadda

ups I fell down the stairs because I'm drunk

Have some more whine..............

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
intresting, how you spam 4 sec recast time LT?
inf hard to play? ;) garrote whit backup df and voila.

as bone need use debuff for LT, dd and every 4th sec remember press LT button, control pets, etc etc worth to try get bone ~lvl 45 and see how far you get whit spamming 1 button :)

alott bs from peeps who never play some class and assume something grandmothers brother sons wife heard in women toilet :D

i can say example minstrell is 1win button class, need push only 1 button and beating everything except weewolf near atla, dam thats dangerous mob :(

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Oh my god ignorant people! dont you see the difference between "playing a class" and "playing a class good" ?

ANYONE can "play" a Shield tank (for example) but only "good" shield tank players will swap guard on the targets that are under attack assist with slamming MA targets aswell as having an overview over the entire battle, interrupting healers/casters|Slamming moc'ing healers/casters , doing the right things at the right times in the right position etc.

(this was only one example, if you dont understand then QQ this post and i will reply further)

As Asarith said, inf is harder to play then ANY tank... well that friggin comes down to the spec and the player behind the char dont it? a mercfil for example would be easier to play than a critfil, but still the mercfil could be a better player...

taking the BD that everyone is QQ'ing about as an example.

Sure, a bd could stick to holding down the instant lifetap button and in many areas win that fight, but still there is the ones who can play a BD, and there are the ones that can "play a bd good".
to this i will probly get a response like " OLOLOL Fotm 1 button spam instant lifetap for the win no skill burrito nas xDD jajaja arriba" .... or something like that, but dont get me wrong, im not saying BD's aint easy to play, or easy to win 1 on 1 with.

And why whine about the so-called 1 button classes? Every class has its place.. and infils whining about not being able to kill BD's 1 on 1? well stay the hell away for them fgs! you are a stealther, thus given the choise of to attack or not (unless your opponent is another stealther.)

Enchanter? sure, they are superior to other Pbae classes [Sm, Ice Wizz] but still a SM can be played better than an enchanter (Curing mez, single target mezzing uncovered targets etc.)

i already forgot what i wrote at the start of this post cause im so damn tired.

probly just shoulda quoted Oro cause when i look it over now, thats in short, what i mean.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
I agree 101% with Glacier and Odo. Most classes are easy to play "wellish" (BD extreamly easy), but just about all classes are hard to master (including BD). :eek6:

Ashleasacht

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
BD's arent 1 button classes!

they nuke and lifetap at same time ffs :p

anyway im late and shouldnt be posting :/

3 buttons you forgot body debuff :clap:

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Tuppe said:
intresting, how you spam 4 sec recast time LT?
inf hard to play? ;) garrote whit backup df and voila.

as bone need use debuff for LT, dd and every 4th sec remember press LT button, control pets, etc etc worth to try get bone ~lvl 45 and see how far you get whit spamming 1 button :)

alott bs from peeps who never play some class and assume something grandmothers brother sons wife heard in women toilet :D

i can say example minstrell is 1win button class, need push only 1 button and beating everything except weewolf near atla, dam thats dangerous mob :(

You wont get everything out of your minstrel by pressing 1 button, and I really dont have a clue about which button you are talking...The insta stun that gets resisted quite often and lasts 3-4 secs on DET IV tanks? Minstrels need at least 2-3 quickbars to be fully effecient, not to mention my sorc has 7 quickbars that I all use at some point...

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Thegreatest said:
You wont get everything out of your minstrel by pressing 1 button, and I really dont have a clue about which button you are talking...The insta stun that gets resisted quite often and lasts 3-4 secs on DET IV tanks? Minstrels need at least 2-3 quickbars to be fully effecient, not to mention my sorc has 7 quickbars that I all use at some point...

i believe tuppe was just trying to point out that anyone can say that any class is a one button class (in fact i dont think ANY classes are one button classes, at least all use 2 or 3! :D ) and that if you havent played a class you dont really know how it works ;)

klavrynd

Fledgling Freddie
same whine, different words

all classes use 2-3 buttons in rvr, except maybe mincer, healer and bard

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
1 button class.. i cant even have the stuff i need on my hunter on one quickbar... stealth, rapidfire, bow, critshot, pet, speed of pray, assist button, spear, 2 spearstyles. then as soon as fight goes into melee i have to switch qb.. have 4 different qbs atm.. 1 melee bar with different spear styles, sprint, buffpet, masterassist macro maker, ip, ap, end totem, the list goes on... perhaps you should use all tools available to your class instead of doing same style with weapon.. And when did you play archer last time.. first arrow= your spotted even if your standing behind a tree.. everyone use last attacker and face these days..

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
I must agree with Glacier. Everybody can play nearly every class without problems, it is mastering the class that is hard.

Even if you do indeed master your bd, and for example on pvp servers kill orange con Bd's... When you kill 4 people of same lvl as you or some other feat like that. Its not just 1 button you have been pressing, you have been using your pets correctly, and coordinated your attacks with very nice precission(sp?) You might not have been able to do this with a bard, but you still played your class well.

Most people don't want to see this as skill, they'd rather that it was the class the enemy was playing that was overpowered. This is the case of some whine, but of course most of it also has it roots deep down in the truth.

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
One thing is sure though, no other class beats BD in easyness. Can't count the times i've been wtfpwned by some bd on camlann chasing me spamming lifetap. :p

But as said, there's a big difference between good bd and bad bd too. BD is piss easy to start with, but getting a full use out of it can be harder.

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
Oldfaravid said:
1 button class.. i cant even have the stuff i need on my hunter on one quickbar... stealth, rapidfire, bow, critshot, pet, speed of pray, assist button, spear, 2 spearstyles. then as soon as fight goes into melee i have to switch qb.. have 4 different qbs atm.. 1 melee bar with different spear styles, sprint, buffpet, masterassist macro maker, ip, ap, end totem, the list goes on... perhaps you should use all tools available to your class instead of doing same style with weapon.. And when did you play archer last time.. first arrow= your spotted even if your standing behind a tree.. everyone use last attacker and face these days..

Yes there is all of that stuff. Its all great and everything..... But the thing is archers can, under the right circumstances, get a kill by simply holding down the bow button. This is ofcourse dependant entirely on the intelligence of the person you're shooting

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
Oldfaravid said:

Yes there is all of that stuff. Its all great and everything..... But the thing is archers can, under the right circumstances, get a kill by simply holding down the bow button. This is ofcourse dependant entirely on the intelligence of the person you're shooting... But there are a lot of people who still don't know what to do when they're being shot at. I've seen all kinds of things that have made me lmao... 1 zerker i shot at max range and he hamstered immediately then span around on the spot for a few seconds then finally started to run towards me with about 40% left... Another zerker at max range has, instead of running out of range, tried to run back past me and get out of range the other way... Yet another zerker has managed to find the /face key which was interesting, pretty scary... until he decided to sloooowly back out of range despite having a loooong way to go... Maybe you just have that problem because you can;t attack solo zerkers.

Laston

Fledgling Freddie
Asharith said:
Bonedancers however use 1-2 buttons but thats not the point .. they are also the easier to play since it requires no skill at all just lock on target and spam lifetap and hoep they fuckup :eek: ..

yeah and Friars

1)Boon
2)CE
3) Haste
4) End Chant

but then again "one button class" is just silly, no class use only one button... BDs use Lifetap Lifetap Lifetap while other casters prolly Nuke Nuke Nuke :p
... what is the point of this thread? seeing as we all just press some buttons all the time :m00: anyway :kissit:

Direnad

Fledgling Freddie
Are crafters considered a 1 Button Wonder?

Personally i don't see how ANY class can play with just hitting 1 button, unless you are exploiting/macroing.

:flame:

SiD

Fledgling Freddie
Wouldn't kill shit as a infil if you just df'd and backed up with garrote, would be outta end and dead probably.

df back up tranq, if no df then df back up wyvernfang, when you get evade stun then hamstring hamstring leaper then rs

I count more than one button. I have 2 full quickbars for my infil, but im still oldschool and have stealth and sprint mapped on the qb =]

Big Ugly

Fledgling Freddie
archers 1 button class? what are you smoking? maybe this goes for yer scout, but not for my hunter

lets see what buttons i need and use on a daily bases and in nearly every fight shall we?

- stealth/camo
- critshot
- normal shot
- RF
- back positional spear style stun
- anytime spear style + followup
- instant doggy
- speedshout

not counting the various buttons for pots and RA's, i got /stick /face /sprint hotkeyed, and selfbuffs every 20 mins.....

1 button class? guess again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom