Impressed FF9 makes it to PC!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I seem to remember enjoying it but I don't remember much about it. It didn't stick in my memory like VII and it wasn't as naff as VIII.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
While they are good back in the day I couldn't enjoy them now on PC unless they are remade to 60fps.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
While they are good back in the day I couldn't enjoy them now on PC unless they are remade to 60fps.

Ordinarily I would agree but in the case of retro games such as this I think its perfectly acceptable. It is a port of a 15? year old game so will let it slide.

It will no doubt look terrible in full screen anyway, as were 7 and 8, best played in a smallish window.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Seems it isnt that keen on the PS4 pad. You have to unplug it, start the game up then plug it in and it works like a charm. (Credit to someone on the steam forum)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Already snapped it up, looks great with ramped up graphics tbh!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Ohh, and X and X'2 is out on Friday!

Hopefully 12 will come eventually too, wasn't a massive fan and never finished it but they will fuck with my OCD if they don't.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Aye! I'll not be buying X though tbh, got it on PS4. Still no word about the 12 remaster though, surprised they haven't announced it yet given that composer let the cat out of the bag.

Last edited:

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Might buy 10 and may give 12 another chance if it comes out, even though I hated 12 and never completed it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I love 12, I think it's underrated, many people didn't like it because of the drastic changes to the combat system, I didn't like the gambit system personally but given you can't really control multiple characters at the same time it was a necessary evil.

I hope when/if they do release a 12 remaster that it has both versions of the game in, there were 2 versions, the original/default one and International Zodiac Job System, which made you pick a class for each character, you can never change that class once picking it and they all had different skill trees, which I thought was brilliant as the default game had no real unique feel to it, everyone could just get the same spells/items etc because of how the board worked.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
According to the Steam phone ap, it is out at around 5:30 tonight, which is pretty odd.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
According to the Steam phone ap, it is out at around 5:30 tonight, which is pretty odd.

Aye, looking at it now on my PC, says 6 hours until release... kind of normal I guess, its not classed as a major release so won't be a midnight launch or anything.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
10 Looks pretty good at 1080. Fps is fixed at 30 but isnt that noticeable. Apparantly a lot of the game logic is fixed to fps, battles and such. Easily my second favourite FF after 7.

Embattle

FH is my second home
You can't deny it is a lot of game for the price and you get 2.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
10 Looks pretty good at 1080. Fps is fixed at 30 but isnt that noticeable. Apparantly a lot of the game logic is fixed to fps, battles and such. Easily my second favourite FF after 7.

10 remaster had a massive controversy when it came out for the ps4, wonder if they fixed it for pc, it did get patched on PS4 eventually, square admitted it was fixed rng... let me find the video

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Wish they'd just bring FF8 and FF9 to PS4.

9 will probably come to PS4 in the form fo the Steam version (which was ok tbh)

In other news - World of Final Fantasy English Trailer + Release date: 25th October

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
More info on XII Remaster

-based on FINAL FANTASY XII INTERNATIONAL ZODIAC JOB SYSTEM
-Background, character model, fonts and all 2D parts are higher resolution
-Movie scenes are higher resolution
-Uses current-gen graphics tech
-7.1 surround sound
-higher quality audio
-Japanese and English voice
-Option between original BGM and newly recorded BGM
-shorter loading time
-auto-save feature
-turbo mode

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Nah, just on the old thing as you said, I'm 99% sure that FF9 will come to PS4 though just like FFVII did as the Steam version.

On an unrelated Final Fantasy note, a lot of people have been campaigning to get a game series called Suikoden on Steam and PS4 recently, Suikoden games are amazing if you haven't tried them before, very old school kind of RPG with over 100 unlockable characters to play and a great storyline. If you have a Playstation Emulator I suggest getting Suikoden 1 and Suikoden 2.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah loved them back in the day. Again, I think you can get them on PSN so if you are ethically minded you can always buy them and then download the ROM and run them on an EMU.

I would actually suggest anyone who really likes PS1 JRPGs get a second hand PSP, there are stacks of games on PSN that work flawlessly on it. I got a load for when I was in hospital/laid up last year, Alundra, Grandia and Wild Arms are all on there .

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I have a PSP, didn't even realise you could buy games off PSN for it tbh, i'll go get it now and have a poke around.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
They also have FF9 on the Google Play Store. It's probably on the Apple store too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom