few WAR queries....

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
few things that im worried about from previous games, was wondering if anyone knows if they are in or not in WAR ?

CC - immunity timers ? worked fine in DAOC, and is game breaking in WOW due to not being in to any measurable degree

dungeons - all instanced/scripted like WoW, or more free for all a-la daoc ?

are mythic going to employ any mongoloid fucknuts like pardo/kaplan/mackie in the near future ? would love to know cos ill avoid it from the start

end game - is it skill/spec based, or gear heavy ?

playing with friends - any mechanic for grouping with people out of your level range ? City of heroes/villains had a good system where u were made to the other persons level while in group and close by, ripped off (poorely) by daoc .

ability to PL - worked in groups in daoc, or can blender for lower levels in WoW, dunno which is better, is there any sort of way of doing it ?

i know some of these probably wont be reached, or finalised yet, but if anyones seen anything about it anywhere id love to know :)

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
CC - immunity timers ? worked fine in DAOC, and is game breaking in WOW due to not being in to any measurable degree
Yes diminishing return on CC will be in WAR. Also there will not be any CC longer than 8-10sec
dungeons - all instanced/scripted like WoW, or more free for all a-la daoc ?
Only the end boss might be instanced. (No hard facts)
are mythic going to employ any mongoloid fucknuts like pardo/kaplan/mackie in the near future ? would love to know cos ill avoid it from the start
They hired over 300 people to GM/CS etc.
end game - is it skill/spec based, or gear heavy ?
Skill/Spec
playing with friends - any mechanic for grouping with people out of your level range ? City of heroes/villains had a good system where u were made to the other persons level while in group and close by, ripped off (poorely) by daoc .
No. And on PvP server you might even turn to chicken if you go down to lower tiers.
ability to PL - worked in groups in daoc, or can blender for lower levels in WoW, dunno which is better, is there any sort of way of doing it ?
Not enough official info.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
god i hope they will never make PL possible in Warhammer. its hard enough to find groups in todays MMORPG's without making that shit do a comeback.

seem to remember something about them not making a class that can function as a buffbot tho. so hopefully they will kill PL'ing to. or atleast the way it worked in DAoC. 5 to 50 in a few hours is just retarded beyond belief.

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
seem to remember something about them not making a class that can function as a buffbot tho.
Yeah i think they said something about group only buffs and totem like duration buffs rather than DAoC style buffs.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie

Explain this to me,if we are not talking about PL it was really really bad idea for high level to grp with lowbies.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Explain this to me,if we are not talking about PL it was really really bad idea for high level to grp with lowbies.

What i think he's getting at is there a mechanic to allow friends of different levels group together without anyone suffering a penalty to xp (or whatever you do in WAR) a-la CoH. In DAoC, if a high lvl grouped with a low lvl, the high lvl would suffer reduced xp.

Could be wrong though, for one thing he seems to think DAoC "ripped off (poorly)" CoH, even though DAoC predates CoH by about 4 years :)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
What i think he's getting at is there a mechanic to allow friends of different levels group together without anyone suffering a penalty to xp (or whatever you do in WAR) a-la CoH. In DAoC, if a high lvl grouped with a low lvl, the high lvl would suffer reduced xp.

Could be wrong though, for one thing he seems to think DAoC "ripped off (poorly)" CoH, even though DAoC predates CoH by about 4 years :)

they put in the system in DAOC whereby you could get grouped with someone 20 lvls above you and still hit the mobs iirc, but that was all.

the COH system predated it whereby if you were lvl 20 and grouped with a 50, while you were in range you WERE 49, so everything was yellow, etc . and it came out in COX first :p

and yes, i wasnt talking PL, i mean "ive been playing 6 months, my mate just started, can i do stuff with him that isnt PL , but also gives him xp" type thing ;)

lairiodd

Loyal Freddie
Another option would be to actually share the xp based on the contribution made by each player. If a level 1 groups with a level 50, then the level 50 should get most of the exp. This is probably a little extreme, as a level 1 and 50 are just to far apart.

This has advantages when the groups are even closer together in level. Currently, if a group of 7 level 49s add a level 40 to their group, the level 40 is pretty much a drain.

If they split the exp in proportion to each person's level, then maybe they wouldn't care as much. The level 49's would get 12.8% (instead of 12.5%) and the level 40 would get 10.4%. However, no experience would be wasted as it currently is due to exp caps.

The effect might need to be larger as a level 49 is more than 25% stronger than a level 40. If the square of the level was used, then it would be 13% and 9%. In any case (and in a more mixed group), it should reduce resentment for adding another group member who is lower level.

In FFXI, they had a system so that the experience was determined by the difference in level between the highest player in the group and the mob and the size of the group. This really forced groups to form with players as close together as possible. Also, once the highest level dinged, exp would fall by alot.

The exp given to the lower level players was set each player would level at the same rate. Thus if you grouped with a high level player, you would ding much more slowly as higher leveled players exp slower than lower leveled players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom